1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

CCBs new 110 k + ot - batch six

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by Lare453, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Lare453

Lare453 Champion (790) Florida Feb 1, 2012

tell me this doesn't sound delicious!

Today we're brewing the SIXTH installment into our always abrasive, always loud, always intense series known as 110K+OT. This one looks to be quite the beast: an English-style Imperial Stout with raspberries and aged in port barrels. Stew on that one for a bit. It'll be months before it's released, which will only give you time to prepare for this epic destroyer of worlds.

Heatwave33, 7clutch and maximum12 like this.
  2. badboy7113

badboy7113 Savant (370) Florida Jan 19, 2011

Yes please!

MarcatGSB likes this.
  3. 7clutch

7clutch Savant (255) Florida Sep 14, 2012

Is it me or has everything they've barrel aged in the past year or so been insanely awesome? Can't wait for this and Campeador!

4. strangebrew321

strangebrew321 Savant (370) Indiana Feb 18, 2009

Cigar City barrrel ages with the best of 'em. Can't wait to pour this one into my snifter.

5. Lare453

What's campeador?

6. Ravenacht

Ravenacht Advocate (510) Florida Aug 10, 2012

dachshunddude86 likes this.
  7. Lare453

8. joshodonn

joshodonn Savant (310) Florida Jan 21, 2011

i got to try a sample of this out of the fermenter a couple weeks ago... they had just added the raspberries a day or two prior, and it was absolutely delicious...

Heatwave33 likes this.
  9. 7clutch

7clutch Savant (255) Florida Sep 14, 2012

It will most likely be barrel aged. I'm assuming it will be an imperial stout or strong ale. I'm pretty positive it is yet to be brewed and know for sure that at the very least it hasn't been barreled. From what I heard (and there isn't anything here definitive, just what I heard from a good source), there's a chance there will be a lot more to go around whenever it is released. And I don't remember well enough what I was told about whether or not it would only be at Knightly Spirits again. Take this all with a grain of salt of course, I could be totally wrong, but it sounds like the beer will be barrel aged and more abundant, which are two very awesome things to hear.

10. raczkowski

raczkowski Savant (340) Florida May 16, 2011

Wonder what the target release date is? Wouldn't think they would release this same time as Zhukov. Maybe it's released around the time sweet stout was last year which was mid October?? Either way impinged about this one. Love me some fruit stouts. And BA is the cherry on top.

7clutch likes this.
  11. gunhaver

gunhaver Savant (455) Florida May 27, 2007

with barrel-aged beer we never target a release date, we just keep trying it until we think it's ready to go

12. raczkowski

raczkowski Savant (340) Florida May 16, 2011

damn...i cant afford another release from you guys! i am trying to get on a beer budget but every month you guys come out with something else that is "must have." meanwhile, i am on my second beer fridge to use as a permanent temperature controlled cooler.