1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Celebration ale anyone know when it will be here?

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by Fitshaced, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Fitshaced

Fitshaced Aficionado (220) Colorado Feb 29, 2012

I love Celebration ale its one of my favorites year after year.. Anyone know when it will hit shelves?

WassailWilly likes this.
  2. Haven't heard anything yet, but we seem to get new Sierra Nevada releases really really late. In recent memory I can think of Torpedo tallboy cans, Hoptimum, Ruthless Rye, and Narwhal, all of them seemed to pop up all over the country well before we got them in Colorado. Narwhal still hasn't hit, but has made it to the midwest already

3. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poobah (1,030) Colorado May 19, 2005

SN is now distributed through Kers (er, Coors). Maybe that has something to do with it :rolleyes:....

4. So you're saying Narwhal is going to come in a two stage cold activated can?

Mebuzzard likes this.
  5. To OP: you are me...COSTCO cases anywhere from 10/20 - 11/20...depending on your luck...me thirsty for Celebration.

Did they change the recipe this year? : )

6. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Savant (350) Colorado May 30, 2006

And the can has a vortex shape and a vent hole for moar chug.

Mebuzzard and ablackshear like this.
  7. I hear they added more spices

Fitshaced likes this.
  8. As long as it's ~ $23.00/case I'm good : )

9. CK21

CK21 Aficionado (200) Colorado Feb 6, 2011

Is somebody trying to tell me that a beer camp 12-pack bottled June 17 should be released before September 20? No way man. Give me a Pilsner that's at least three months old any day of the week. Not to mention a "floral IPA", oh wait I mentioned it.

10. BEERMILER12

BEERMILER12 Advocate (655) Maine Sep 11, 2010

It's already out in a bunch of places. I'm sure most bottle shops are just waiting for Tumbler to sell out before they put it out.

11. raynmoon

raynmoon Savant (490) California Aug 13, 2011

local stores around still have Summerfest out. The Tumbler 12 packs just barely made it out. That means Celebration should hit the isles (not the refrigerator) in a few weeks.

12. BEERMILER12

BEERMILER12 Advocate (655) Maine Sep 11, 2010

Oh, wow. So that means you'll probably have to wait until January(ish) to get it remotely fresh... Kinda shitty, although Celebration seems to hold up fairly well compared to other IPAs as long as it's well kept

13. Tumbler to sell out lol ?
    Yeah right I rank that up there among the few SN beers I cannot stand..With Glissade and Summer ale being
    #2 and 3

14. mfdish

mfdish Aficionado (120) Nevada Oct 30, 2011

People are so hard on the Tumbler... I don't get it.

Can't wait to get a hold of Narwhal, which I've not yet seen.

15. narayan

narayan Aficionado (170) Georgia Jun 28, 2007

Haven't had Celebration, Tumbler or Narwhal. Looks like I have some tasting to do.

16. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (655) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

Just saw my first Beer Camp box yesterday.

17. holden303

holden303 Aficionado (140) Colorado Jun 18, 2010

My Coors rep didn't have a definitive date but made it sound like it'd be here in the near future, they said they're about a month behind after the BDC switch. However with seasonal items or items that share the same upc they often make the store sell completely out of the old one i.e. tumbler to get celebration.

18. lewisti

lewisti Savant (255) Connecticut Nov 7, 2001

a bartender friend of mine just told me he is getting it on tap soon and its 8.5% ABV? surely this can't be true??

19. denver10

denver10 Champion (890) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

Its landed in Fort Collins. Saw it at Wibur's earlier today (which is kinda funny given my rant a month or so ago about how they don't keep on top of these seasonals).

tacosandbeer likes this.
  20. Fitshaced

Its always been 6.8% as far as i can remember. Only thing that ever changes are "The Spices" they add

21. Fitshaced

Fort Collins has it but no one around Denver, very odd

22. chango

chango Aficionado (240) Colorado Mar 31, 2006

We're still trying to get through Tumbler, too. Which I don't get, cause it's delicious. Cest la vie.
    But, we don't have Celebration in yet, anyway.
    I just figured that SN did their seasonals closer to the actual season, unlike everyone else.
    It's crazy how early everything else was this year.

23. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poobah (1,135) Wyoming Sep 14, 2002

Celebration showed up in Casper last week.

24. holden303

holden303 Aficionado (140) Colorado Jun 18, 2010

In boulder!

25. Fitshaced

Can i ask what shop in Boulder? I will be in Boulder later this afternoon

26. MYJELLOMISFIT

MYJELLOMISFIT Initiate (0) Colorado Jan 14, 2007

Narwhal will be here next week. Celebration is shipping all over this week.

schlegelmeister likes this.
  27. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (305) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

Any insight on Lagunitas Sucks?

28. Fitshaced

Sucks isn't that great i know its personal taste but wasn't a fan! Glad Shugga Made it out so much better.. Picked up a case of Celebration today. $25.99:)

29. MYJELLOMISFIT

MYJELLOMISFIT Initiate (0) Colorado Jan 14, 2007

Talked to my boy Ian from Lagunitas yesterday and he said it is coming as a seasonal following Brown Shugga. Most likely it will be here after the first of the year.

30. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (305) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

*Indiana Jones theme playing in the background as you announce this*

31. rob2654

rob2654 Aficionado (205) Colorado May 20, 2004

Celebration and Brown Shugga are both at Joy

32. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Advocate (530) Colorado Dec 19, 2010

Ft. Collins peeps, have you seen any Narwhal, Brown Shugga, Racer X and/or any Dissedent? Need them all :)

33. denver10

denver10 Champion (890) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

287 Liquor has Brown Shugga. Haven't seen the others yet or Dissident since the first couple days it was in town.

34. Saw some '13 of this today and didn't even realize it had already hit. Anyone know when it hit? I'm curious as to how fresh it is. On that note, anyone know how SN codes their dates? It's not a Julian system as the bottles I looked at wouldn't even be bottled yet.

joshclauss likes this.
  35. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poobah (1,030) Colorado May 19, 2005

I think it just hit this week. Their Flipside Red was the Fall seasonal and that's not available anymore (at least from my distro)

nolimitnsb likes this.
  36. I believe the first digit in the code is the last digit of the year and the next three are the number day of the year

nolimitnsb likes this.
  37. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

I never really "got" Sucks beyond it being cheap. Celebration on the other hand...that's a guaranteed buy (2-3 times) every year.

38. mkorpal

mkorpal Savant (275) Colorado Oct 28, 2007

I nearly replied to a year old post thinking it was from today. Man, that was confusing.

39. I'm the other way around. I plan on buying multiple cases of Sucks this year, but probably won't touch Celebration this year. It's a fine beer, but so many better options out there.

40. chango

chango Aficionado (240) Colorado Mar 31, 2006

Celebration's on the shelf here in the 'Ranch.
    I heard Sucks won't be here until "real winter" this year.
    The way the seasonals have been coming, I half expect Summer Shandy to come in next week.