1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Central Waters 15th Anniversary Party

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Tnudish, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WITTBEER

WITTBEER Aficionado (245) Illinois Jan 12, 2008

Sounds like it might be a ticketed event next year, which would ease the mind of anyone thinking of taking the bus. These guys are good people. They'll work to get it right.
    jegross2 and Dontcounttoday like this.
  2. grynder33

grynder33 Savant (370) Wisconsin Jul 31, 2003

Breweries are just going to have to plan,that the lines waiting outside for their exclusives, are no longer all goodhearted,appreciative considerate beer advocates of the past. Back then the day meant making friends,sharing your special cellared brews,getting only your allotment,and if everyone got some,then perhaps going back for some more.Now a days you can count on increasing numbers of low lifes arriving at the last minute and walking up to the front, having no problem with walking away with three times their allotment, while hundreds are left empty after traveling hundreds of miles,and of course the mules and e-bay speculators. The breweries cant be so naieve that they think its all love and fairness outside. And actually ,its not the breweries problem. They have the product,they announce when its for sale, at that time they open the doors and start selling.Unless some brewery finds that perfect solution,we may as well accept this is the way it will always be
    CityofBals likes this.
  3. mykey120

mykey120 Aficionado (140) Wisconsin Aug 13, 2012

It kind of sounded like they would hand out tickets to the first X amount of people in line maybe, I would hate to see this turn into a fully ticketed event (must have ticket to even come). I thinks that would be unfair to locals and regulars who go just to have a good time and don't care about the bottle release. It would be nice if the bottle release was ticketed though, but Paul also said there should be a significant amount more of the 16th anniversary beer so it might not be as big an issue either. I know these guys rock, and I am positive that they will get it right! I just hope that by next year they have all the kinks worked out so that everyone who wants to go and have a great time at the party can do so, and everyone who wants to try and get bottles has a fair chance.
  4. WITTBEER

WITTBEER Aficionado (245) Illinois Jan 12, 2008

If they did tickets just for the bottle release portion I wouldn't mind. Everyone should be able to enjoy the party whether they're buying beer or not.
    brian23456 and Dontcounttoday like this.
  5. mykey120

mykey120 Aficionado (140) Wisconsin Aug 13, 2012

That's what I think too, especially because I saw some of my old professors there (I went to UWSP) and one of them I remember was a big CW drinker and is retired now but I doubt people like him know the logistics of trying to get tickets to an event (like DLD) and I would hate to see these people not be able to attend. Anyway I had a blast and I know next year will be a blast regardless of whether I get bottles or not. Oh and Paul if you read this, thanks for everything and can you maybe let us know what the 16th anniversary beer will be lol it will hold us people who got shut out of 15 over for the next year! I'm just curious if it will have the maple syrup and brown sugar or whatever they had in it at the tap takeover in Milwaukee(I think?), or if they just added that stuff because it was the non-BA version of the beer.
  6. grynder33

grynder33 Savant (370) Wisconsin Jul 31, 2003

Central Water 15 will be on tap at Sugar Maple in Milwaukee this Saturday as part of a very worthwhile benefit,Founders Bolt Cutter will also be tapped
    stayclean likes this.
  7. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Great, I can get some Bolt Cutter on tap when I drive through in three weeks...;)
    stayclean and jegross2 like this.
  8. MarcatGSB

And here is the video of 15 selling out, WITH, YES WITH, Lansman actually typing this very post. Listen for the very loud "Should have come earlier" about fifty seconds in lol We can chuckle about it all now, can't we?
  9. hailster

hailster Aficionado (145) Wisconsin May 28, 2006

Thanks for posting the video. I was the guy who's leg was getting shot at the end of the video.
    MarcatGSB likes this.
  10. Lansman

Lansman Savant (400) Illinois Mar 19, 2011

Proof that I am but a slave to the community in moving picture form.

You're all WELCOME for this sort of real-time dedication. Ingrates.

Side note: to the BA I talked with in the video who had a bottle of The Wanderer- shoot me a BM. Still interested.
    MarcatGSB likes this.
  11. ajzy

ajzy Savant (425) Wisconsin Jun 15, 2011

ah yes, the benefit of living a two minute walk from Sugar Maple--saw the benefit posters in the window when I was there drinking Hopslam tonight :)
    smurfbeer likes this.
  12. stayclean

stayclean Savant (360) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

Do you know around what time this will be going down?

Whoops nevermind, didn't think to look at their Facebook page.
  13. atone315

atone315 Advocate (650) Wisconsin Oct 8, 2008

Good beer and a good cause? Beechwood cellar beers for auction? Fifteen on tap? I'm in!!!
  14. BeerMeFitz

BeerMeFitz Savant (320) Illinois Oct 24, 2011

We were not the 1st in line at that hour of the morning Fred it was sarcasm. We ended up getting there around 1:30pm and landed somewhere around 25th in line. We met some great BAs in line and a whole lot more throughout the night. I did have a bottle disappear but we located it with enough for one taste left...I don't blame whoever took it since so many of us were just leaving bottles on tables and expecting people to open them and try them. The blue grass music was awesome and the bbq sandwich with slaw was fantastic!! I got to meet one the owners, Paul, when I was looking for garbage bags to throw all the empty bottles in from the bottle share tables where they were starting to pile up and fall. He seemed really cool and really busy. This is like any other big anniv party where you see how it goes and then next year you try to tweak any problem spots. I am confident this can only get bigger and better. Cheers to all the CW employees who worked so hard to put on this party for all to come and enjoy. Cya next year!
    franklinn and Duff27 like this.
  15. iadler

iadler Savant (405) Illinois Aug 12, 2009

I'm including a bottle in a raffle for a good cause if anyone missed out or are ISO. Details on my profile. :)
  16. atone315

atone315 Advocate (650) Wisconsin Oct 8, 2008

Not sure if anyone saw this or not, TonyTalon posted it on his FB page....

Slow it down to .25x, if you are trying to spot somebody.
  17. MarcatGSB

Lansman = #1. Looks like Noah from Local Option was nice enough to post this on YouTube for everyone. Thrash on and remember "Shit beer will kill you"
    CMB2012 and atone315 like this.
  18. MarcatGSB

I'm here to complain a bit! I'm sorry, but I've been keeping an eye on the reviews for 15, and they are fantastic. My beef is, out of the 5 reviews posted, three of them state they are from the Anniversary Party...Poured into an 8 oz plastic cup, drank in a dimly lit brewery, probably with a less than fresh palate. Just a quick rant, and this isn't an attack on any of you reviewers. I feel a beer such as this deserves the time taken to let this beer open up over time, the proper glassware to accentuate the nose, take proper time to evaluate the appearance. Sure these reviews to blast the trading value into another dimension, but ultimately it waters down the quality of the reviews here on BA, and saddens me personally. /end rant.
    ppohio, jawzman and jegross2 like this.
  19. Theeabyss

Theeabyss Aficionado (190) Illinois Apr 19, 2012

iadler, biglobo8971, Jfriz25 and 2 others like this.
  20. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (705) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

Oh look, there I am.
  21. I saw a lady bring two babies in at the 2:28 mark. That's badass
  22. jawzman

jawzman Aficionado (210) Minnesota Mar 20, 2010

Yup, she absolutely did bring both the little ones to the festivities that evening, a welcome sight, imho. I rubbed the youngest's head personally later that night while they stood in line (after Mom granted permission, of course). Pretty sure that's me at 1:28 on the way out with my haul, plus Lobo's, (that box is only 2/3rds full, btw, 4 each ((haters refrian from hating)). Though I do have doubts that's actaully me... pretty sure I am better looking... maybe it's the poor quality camara.
  23. Theeabyss likes this.
  24. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

25. MarcatGSB

Well, what's worth creating a blog post that no one will read, or posting 3 extremely whiny, BA posts that the brewery and many others will read...Haters gonna hate.
    stayclean, crossovert and robbiemoy13 like this.
  26. ABisonEgo

ABisonEgo Savant (290) Illinois Jan 31, 2012

The bottle share was great??? I had an 09 olde rabbits foot, '10 blackbeerd, '12 peruvian morning, and two '13 bbbw stolen. My friend had a 15 stolen. People were walking in randomly drinking beers that had no affiliation with the bottle share.. and on top of that, i had to use my cell phone app, "brightest flashlight" to read the labels on the bottles. That bottle share was bullshit
    BrownAleMale likes this.
  27. ABisonEgo

Let me add... regardless of the bullshot and being shut out and having multille bottles stolen... the shuttle to and frlm the hotel was a huge act of generosity and was really the decidjng factor of whether or not we were going to come.
  28. MarcatGSB

Sorry to hear you had the misfortune of having something stolen from you. I always play defensive at these events just for that reason... 98 percent of the guests are good people, but I really don't think it's a good idea to leave personal belongings laying around in any public place, especially one with many drunk people. I'd be happy to replace your two 13 BBBW, but that's the best I can do. Cheers!
    Dontcounttoday likes this.
  29. ABisonEgo

Take that, rare!!!
  30. ABisonEgo

I am talking a lot of garbage about the event, but i have to admit, i did have a lot of fun. A couple of generous ba's made 15 happen for me and a lot of stuff went down that sucked.... but i personally had a good time and reallynam glad i went. I got to meet a handful of ba's and drank amazing beer all night/
  31. teamwiggum

teamwiggum Advocate (500) Wisconsin Nov 30, 2008

Did you go to the Bomb Shelter a lot?
  32. sacrelicio

sacrelicio Initiate (0) Minnesota Feb 15, 2005

Chi Town shadyness
  33. Wiscobrew

Wiscobrew Aficionado (210) Nevada Feb 19, 2011

I sure did, I moved away from Milwaukee in 3/11 but the two years before that I went pretty much every Friday.

That place had the perfect combination of Wisconsin Tavern and Beer Geek Hideout.
    atone315 likes this.
  34. teamwiggum

teamwiggum Advocate (500) Wisconsin Nov 30, 2008

Ah, I work 2nd shift so I was a Saturday night guy LOL
  35. MarcatGSB

Hmm, you absolutely sure about that? I get a different feeling...
  36. nope...now I guess I read that wrong originally on his twitter post... sorry adam if you are here
  37. MarcatGSB

That blog is hilarious. He's had 33 views (3 of which are mine)... Why create a troll blog account to post the same exact thing posted on this very thread (which was even linked)... Get over yourself, sorry man.
    jegross2 likes this.
  38. While the blog is pointless, I have to agree with the statement he is trying to make. Or more this is the way I take it. This is a community of like minded people that enjoy beer. The CW party was about getting people together and to celebrate a great brewery and the people who support it. It used to be an event where people WANTED to come and share their beer so other could try it. This year a few people decided their need was greater than the rest of the people in that same community and took advantage off the rest of us by working the system to get more than they should. I personally saw people from the site, and people talking in this thread, that were line cutting and taking advantage. Am I calling them out, no, but was it greedy people costing otherse a chance to try a new beer, YES.
    On the flip side there were countless people offering up some of there allocation to help others that were shut out. That is what makes events like this GREAT. What is too bad is the acceptance of what happened and the A-Holes that are giving a great community a black eye.
  39. CityofBals

CityofBals Initiate (0) Illinois Sep 12, 2012

[​IMG]

Found an old pic on my phone as we were walking from town back to CW. Cheers again to everyone I met, and those whom I'll meet in the future!
    BeerMeFitz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.