Central Waters 15th Anniversary Party

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Tnudish, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DP34

DP34 Aficionado (195) Wisconsin Feb 1, 2010

2. Jfriz25

Jfriz25 Savant (295) Wisconsin Jun 8, 2012

Anyone know if they will be selling bottles all day (specifically 15) or if they do that at a certain time. Will be coming in from GB and will probably not be staying the entire time as we'll have to drive home.

3. misterid

misterid Savant (270) Wisconsin Apr 3, 2009

also coming in from GB, also not staying the entire time.

last year, with 1414, it was on sale immediately and stayed available at least until i picked mine up right before leaving at around 7:30.

Jfriz25 likes this.
  4. buzze40

buzze40 Savant (325) Illinois Mar 9, 2010

Don't break anything and don't get arrested.

pschul4 and Drucifer like this.
  5. Anyone from the fox valley willing to exchange 4-4packs of PM for a very disappointed (wishing to remain gainfully employed) non-attendee? Would be willing to persuade with Mikkeller Milk Stout and The Bruery Saison Rue...

6. Theeabyss

Theeabyss Aficionado (190) Illinois Apr 19, 2012

I would do it but would take a 1515 as payment. Let me know.

7. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (730) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

Man this sounds like fun. Wish I could go...

8. 71gto

71gto Savant (270) Illinois Jun 3, 2009

Wish I could go. I have some PM from last year to trade in and would love to visit the brewery and try some 1515

9. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

10. jjheinrichs

jjheinrichs Savant (400) Wisconsin Apr 13, 2010

11. MarcatGSB

I'm sorry, how do I change the settings to allow others to add?
    Edit: Got it, edit and add away!

12. buzze40

Anybody coming to this event from MN that could score some Brau Brothers BB Quad and Liftbridge commander or other MN barrel aged goodies that are on the shelf now? Would do IP trade for some chicago available stuff. Hopslam, Straightjacket Daisy Cutter, whatyawant? BM me if you got some there.

13. gpawned

gpawned Initiate (0) Illinois Jun 5, 2012

Anyone going to this interested in setting up a pre-trade of CW15 for some Jackie O's? We could even make the trade in person if you live in Chicago (next time I'm in town).

14. buzze40

Gotcha covered

gpawned likes this.
  15. gpawned

gpawned Initiate (0) Illinois Jun 5, 2012

You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

16. 2 quick questions. For the bottle share, do we bring our own glasses? Also, does anyone know what the bottle limit was last year for the 1414?

17. People usually bring their own - plastic is usually better in this case. That being said I will have plenty of extras in case someone forgets their glass.

Last year no limits. I expect limits this year.

BrownAleMale likes this.
  18. mykey120

mykey120 Aficionado (160) Wisconsin Aug 13, 2012

So is the bottle share going to be going on all day, or will we all try to meet in there at a certain time or something and crack bottles then?

19. It starts when the party starts, and ends when we run out of beer! (yeah like that's going to happen :))

MarcatGSB and Drucifer like this.
  20. tourdot

tourdot Savant (490) Wisconsin Mar 3, 2012

Hey if anyone going to the party has a 4pk of Black Note they're willing to trade for Cherry Rye let me know.

21. mjmadsen21

mjmadsen21 Savant (255) Indiana Jan 13, 2012

I know I am going to get responses that will not help me at all but my question is this...I will not be going to the party but will be in the area to pick up bottles before other obligations. Does anyone know how last year went in terms of people lining up and hanging out outside before it starts at 3? I just want to pick up some bottles and be on my way but don't know if I'll have to get there at noon or something...I'm sure it will be much crazier than last year but any help would be appreciated.

22. mykey120

mykey120 Aficionado (160) Wisconsin Aug 13, 2012

im sure you'll be fine getting there around 3, last year they were selling 1414 pretty much all night and that was with no limits. However, with the success of 1414 I'm sure 15 will probably have a limit. I plan on taking the shuttles so i hope I will be there in time but im not worried about it. I wonder if exodus is going to be sold too...

23. buzze40

Not if you're there! Thats for sure.

kawilliams81 likes this.
  24. Is there some kind of max capacity that one would have to worry about not getting in the building if they werent there early enough?

25. mpwdoyle

mpwdoyle Aficionado (165) Illinois Apr 29, 2011

Last year I arrived at 3 and was in the brewery after a minute or two if waiting. The line inside was show moving at first but then was super quick after 5 pm or so. While there will probably be more people this year, showing up 15-20 minutes would probably suffice I think.

26. simonpeter

simonpeter Zealot (95) Wisconsin Mar 31, 2011

Anyone coming have a bottle of DFH 120 they would be willing to trade for? I've been dying to try this beer for years.....

27. MarcatGSB

Is anyone interested in me bring some Short's down with me? There is still some Liberators, Good Humans, Cup O Joe, and the normal Huma, Soft Parade, etc etc. BM, not a problem. Cheers.

28. stayclean

stayclean Savant (370) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

So, depending on bottle limits, is there anybody in Milwaukee who could pick me up a bottle? School starts tomorrow so I'm not gonna have time to go to this. :( Will throw ya some gas money as well for yer troubles..

29. DirtyKurt

DirtyKurt Zealot (90) Illinois Jan 12, 2013

I was invited by a friend of mine. Hopefully I can gather the required funds. This would be my first real beer event :D

30. xsists

xsists Aficionado (210) Wisconsin Dec 31, 2007

Anyone know how the shuttle works? Does it go on the hour or what? I'm staying at the Holiday Inn and wondering when the shuttle will run.

31. tourdot

tourdot Savant (490) Wisconsin Mar 3, 2012

***Shuttles***
    Same story as last year - the free shuttles start at 2:30 - pickups are Holiday Inn and Convention Center, La Quinta, and Guu's on Main (downtown Stevens Point - food specials and rare CW tappings all day long). We will have three shuttles running this year instead of two - and they will be school busses so they can accomodate more people. They will be running non stop loops the entire length of the party - and you will be able to transport purchased beer on them. These are free - you are expected to use them - a free shuttle and $80 hotel room are not only more responsible but way cheaper than a DUI - please, don't be stupid. I don't know of anybody else that does this, so please, take advantage. -Paul

32. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (725) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

Anyone wanna do Bully Gulpy mixed with Key Lime Pie and Peaches and Cream shots again?

33. crossovert

crossovert Champion (810) Illinois Mar 29, 2009

JEG im bringing LAmbaek wants Dragon fruit, if it is as acetony as the other one you will shit your britches.

jegross2 likes this.
  34. jegross2

Can't wait to taste that wale

CityofBals likes this.
  35. MarcatGSB

Oof. Can I clean my rims with it after you taste it Jeff?

36. pschul4

pschul4 Advocate (635) Illinois Jan 7, 2011

Fuck no.

robbiemoy13 likes this.
  37. I've never participated in a Beer Advocate tasting, is this a good event to start? I hear with the new space limitations on the BA room, it might get very crowded, very quickly.

38. jegross2

You know you enjoyed those Petah

Theeabyss likes this.
  39. pschul4

pschul4 Advocate (635) Illinois Jan 7, 2011

Little did you know I dumped mine out when you weren't looking :p

Theeabyss and robbiemoy13 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.