1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Central Waters 15th Anniversary Party

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Tnudish, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pschul4

pschul4 Advocate (625) Illinois Jan 7, 2011

I look forward to it man! Not sure if I get your # before, send me a BM if you dont have mine :D

2. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (715) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

I didnt say I had GOOD googling skills ;)

3. jegross2

Is Jeff still taking you, or are you coming with Mike and I on Friday at noon?

pschul4 likes this.
  4. pschul4

pschul4 Advocate (625) Illinois Jan 7, 2011

Jeff is, trying to avoid you as much as possible :p

5. xsists

xsists Aficionado (200) Wisconsin Dec 31, 2007

The guy that is running that posted on their Facebook saying they are staying overnight, everyone is at the Holiday Inn Convention Center.

6. TonyTalon

TonyTalon Savant (430) Wisconsin Mar 20, 2012

A question for all those that were at the anniversary party last year. I will be walking out of central waters with 5 or 6 cases, being the fragile man that I am, should I strap a hand cart to the roof of my smart car?

7. CityofBals

CityofBals Initiate (0) Illinois Sep 12, 2012

I'm also curious to know last years limits on 1414, since it was only 1000 bottles. I imagine they'll release more volume of 15/15 given it's a fairly significant event in their history (and who doesn't want to milk the craft bubble before it pops).

8. I borrowed a hand cart from them last year.

There was no limit last year on 1414.

CityofBals and TonyTalon like this.
  9. xsists

xsists Aficionado (200) Wisconsin Dec 31, 2007

From Facebook:

"OK Folks, here it is...the details...

We will not be accepting credit cards, but there will be an ATM on site!

Shuttles will start picking up in Stevens Point at 2:30, they will run continuously, so please be patient if you didn't get on the first one!

Music starts around 3:30, music will end around 11 PM when we will start making sure people are leaving and getting on the shuttles.

There is no cover charge and this is not a ticketed event!

Four Pack sales will include Peruvian Morning, Bourbon Barrel Barleywine, Bourbon Barrel Cherry Stout with no limit on anything except Cherry Stout, which will have a 6 four pack limit, price is $14 per four pack.

We will be selling 15, the much anticipated follow up to our Gold Medal winning 1414. There are extremely limited quantities of this beer, as such there is a 4 bottle limit on this one! 22 oz bottles, $15 per bottle. We reserve the right to increase or decrease the limits on this as the night goes on!

To answer the rumors, 15 is 1414, aged in the barrel for an extra year, so 26 months on oak. Yes, I think it is better than 1414.

Doors open at 3 firm! If you come early, it will likely be cold, so be prepared! All sales will happen in a heated environment (we will have a heated tent attached to the building).

Pints will be $4 each, food will be for sale as well.

This, my friends, is gonna be fun."

JohnfromPurdue and Bay01 like this.
  10. FYI - this is a cash only event, but we will have a cash machine on premise for the event. Bottle limit was just set at 4 bottles - we'll see how this goes. Excited to see everyone again - and meet all the newcomers!

WITTBEER and Bay01 like this.
  11. mtrutlin

mtrutlin Savant (285) Colorado Apr 4, 2012

It's virtually impossible for their to be more bottles of 15 than there was of 1414 due to the fact that they used the same batch for both beers, half of the batch was bottled and was 1414, the other half sat in the barrel for another year and is 15. The only way they can bottle more is if they decide to save less of it than they did with 1414 for future events.

12. misterid

misterid Savant (270) Wisconsin Apr 3, 2009

for the life of me i can not remember.. will there be growler sales on the regular lineup?

13. Sorry, no growler sales that day!

14. mtrutlin

mtrutlin Savant (285) Colorado Apr 4, 2012

Any plan on whether 15 will be on tap at any point during the day?

15. dlello2

dlello2 Savant (360) Illinois Nov 11, 2011

Nothing yet... here is what I found on last years'

3:00 - Bourbon Barrel Stout
    3:45 - Peruvian Morning
    4:30 - Pilot Batches (3 five gallon kegs of experimental mini IPA's)
    5:15 - FOURTEEN fourteen
    6:00 - Exodus
    6:45 - Bourbon Barrel IPA
    7:30 - Kosmyk Charlie's Y2K Catastrophe Ale (Barleywine)
    8:15 - Bourbon Barrel Barleywine

and then all day:

Honey Blonde
    Shine ON
    Ousiconsing Red Ale
    Happy Heron Pale Ale
    Glacial Trail IPA
    Mudpuppy Porter
    Nitropuppy
    Satin Solstice Imperial Stout
    Brewhouse Coffee Stout
    Slainte Scotch Ale

Going to be a great party regardless!

16. CityofBals

CityofBals Initiate (0) Illinois Sep 12, 2012

Ahh okay, thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if they'd split the batch in half, or had two separate brews.

17. Ouch! Was expecting to be able to get at least 6 bottles. I wonder if some people will reconsider driving 4-6 hours now?

TATURBO likes this.
  18. incutrav

incutrav Savant (315) Minnesota Jan 16, 2007

not even 4 is a sure thing, as they reserve the right to change it depending on the demand

19. jegross2

Most certainly. I am moving out of Green Bay Sunday, so I'm in the area either way. But for that, I'd be thinking about it long and hard.

20. kalvarez

kalvarez Aficionado (185) Wisconsin Jul 22, 2010

You would drive 4-6 hours for six beers but not four? This is getting out of hand. What happened to people going to the party for the celebration/party? I guess there's a fine line (44oz to be exact) between supporting a brewery and it not being worth the time.

21. Duff27

Duff27 Advocate (600) Illinois Feb 10, 2010

I can't wait to hang out with fellow craft beer lovers.

DirtyKurt, maximum12 and TATURBO like this.
  22. Dactrius

Dactrius Advocate (500) Wisconsin Apr 23, 2012

Given that there was originally talk of a 1 case limit I'm thrilled to hear that it's going to be 4 bottles. This might have something to do with the fact that I'm not going to be able to get there until a few hours after it starts and I was starting to get very afraid they'd sell out before I got there ;). I'd much rather have 4 bottles than risk getting none, although I'm guessing I still might get skunked. If it's really 1000 bottles that's 250 people which given all the chatter on this one....

Hopefully the limit keeps the crowds down a little bit. Should be an awesome time regardless.

I'm not so thrilled with the price on PM & BBBW...I was hoping to buy straight from the source but if I can buy it for $2 less at Woodmans it's hard not to go that route.

23. I think pricing slightly above retail is a good way to prevent people coming to the party just to buy beer. This is a 15th Anniversary Celebration, they don't just want people buying several cases of beer and leaving.

DirtyKurt and StayWhatYouAre2 like this.
  24. The voice of reason...

DirtyKurt likes this.
  25. They don't want to make money? I'd bet they'd have a blast whether people showed up or not.

26. I'd like to think that some people care more about sharing good beer than making money. Its not like they'll have any problem selling out of 15, PM, or BB Cherry Stout with or without the event.

27. TonyTalon

TonyTalon Savant (430) Wisconsin Mar 20, 2012

$14 per 4pk is not that bad. Around Milwaukee places were charging 12.99 to 15.99! for BBS and getting it hand over fist. Most of the places that had the cheaper prices were limiting 1 4pk per or selling by the bottle. For me, paying a bit more to buy in bulk, from CW, is better than dealing with the, potential, retail shenanigans.

Also I will be bringing HAMMS and Jaguar Ice for the bottle share..CHEERS!

Duff27 likes this.
  28. PlayaPlaya

PlayaPlaya Savant (285) Illinois Sep 19, 2012

Well, if they want to have a celebration and not a bottle sale......Why even release bottles that day???????

If they truly wanted to just have a good time and share good beer with good people, why sell any cases that day????

Do it the day before or the day after.

Seems like just another company wanting to nickel and dime its customers.

29. stayclean

stayclean Savant (360) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

$14 is about $1 more than the first 4pack of BBS I bought this year, and $1 less (what the hell Whole Foods?) than the last one I bought. Not much of a nickle and dime-ing scheme.

30. mobius387

mobius387 Savant (395) Florida Dec 5, 2010

is CW forking over the dough for the free shuttles? if so, that doesn't exactly sound like a company nickel and diming us...

Ssstraub, smurfbeer, dlello2 and 2 others like this.
  31. PlayaPlaya

Focus on my weakest point, why dont ya :D

Scheme to nickle and dime? PROBABLY not.....

But still, can anybody answer me why they release bottles that day if they don't want that to be the focus?

32. stayclean

stayclean Savant (360) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

Because they can?

33. Have they replied to you on Facebook yet?

34. PlayaPlaya

? I'm not a pubescent teenage girl, so no, I would not even know if "they" did anything on/for/to facebook.

35. atone315

atone315 Advocate (680) Wisconsin Oct 8, 2008

Stay classy Playa!!!

tourdot, elkhunter36 and nachos like this.
  36. nachos

nachos Aficionado (215) Minnesota Jun 4, 2012

Thank you so much for pointing this out, I just got to laugh soooo much from what I've been able to see thanks to you mentioning this.

37. mykey120

mykey120 Aficionado (160) Wisconsin Aug 13, 2012

Its not the focus, just another aspect to add to the awesomeness of the day. Oh and people complaining about the price, I was just at woodman and the bbs was 13.sommin so 14 (including tax I assume) is legit considering with tax at woodmans it will be more. I'm soo pumped for this! I wonder if they will release a taplist again for us or if it will be a complete suprise when we show up

Duff27 likes this.
  38. TATURBO

TATURBO Savant (285) Illinois Oct 1, 2008

If ya buy the beer at the CW Anniv party there's no tax, at least none was charged last year.
    So in all reality you won't be paying that much more and as stated above, no limit on the other beers besides 15.

39. Maybe the PM, BBBW, and BBCS were in the barrel for 12 months like CW did with the bourbon barrel stout this year. Could explain for the increase in price as was the case with the BBS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.