1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Central Waters 15th Anniversary Party

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Tnudish, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Me and my buddy Caddyjack2 are gonna actually do the Point Brewery tour, then stop at the OSO tap room before getting to CW.

2. misterid

misterid Savant (270) Wisconsin Apr 3, 2009

good luck. 40 taps on. lots of really good choices. it'll be tempting.

3. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

I already drove to Green Bay and heard of the four four bottle limit, I will now turn around. I kid kid, 12 bottles, 5 bottles, 3 bottles, who cares, let's rage.

funhog, Lansman, crossovert and 5 others like this.
  4. tourdot

tourdot Savant (450) Wisconsin Mar 3, 2012

I got my paycheck today....just going to forward to CW. Looking forward to partying with you all in Amherst.
    Cheers!

TATURBO and BrownAleMale like this.
  5. maximum12

maximum12 Champion (755) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

Bring your canoe. Maybe we can find some open water!

6. bengore

bengore Aficionado (190) Illinois Nov 1, 2010

Hopefully the ATM won't take 10 minutes to dispense cash and have a $100 limit... ahem Darkness Day...

Penguin3200 likes this.
  7. I have never weighed in on the bs you have posted before on here, but thinking CW is trying to nickel and dime people. You my friend are the king of the idiots!

Edit: and why are you worried you can get cases of 15 at your local store, right?

TATURBO, steebo777 and Mscarpen like this.
  8. I'm with you, to some extent. I didn't buy any draft this year, but with 4 bottles of 15 I will get my share on tap!

9. gpawned

gpawned Initiate (0) Illinois Jun 5, 2012

This sounds amazing and I'm crushed that I cant make it. Drink that good shit for me. Cheers to Central Waters.

10. With a taplist like this... I dont think that I am bring any bottles to share...This is crazy awesome!

WITTBEER likes this.
  11. Bourbon Barrel aged Scotch Ale scratched from the tap list. I personally am disappointed because I am a big scotch ale fan and a fan of CWs regular Salinte scotch ale.

12. MarcatGSB

Soo looking forward to this...

13. That tap list looks amazing! I wish I could make it so bad! Hopefully I can get some BBBW, BBCS, and PM from distro.

14. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (715) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

Liar!

15. jjheinrichs

jjheinrichs Savant (370) Wisconsin Apr 13, 2010

Looks like sales of Wee on the Lam are back on:

"Upon further review of the O'so Wee on the Lam last night with customers and friends of the Taphouse, we are going to release the Wee along with the Bourbon Night Train......cash or credit starting at 3 pm. Please share the news with beer geeks you know....Thanks" - on Marc's FB page (not O'sos)

BrownAleMale likes this.
  16. I've never been to Amherst before. What's their homeless population like? Just looking to increase my allotment...

denimdemon and jawzman like this.
  17. BeerMeFitz

BeerMeFitz Savant (320) Illinois Oct 24, 2011

You guys at CW are the real deal...can't wait to meet the crew and share some great beers. Always remember that Beer Karma is legit and will be in full effect Saturday....Cheers!

TATURBO and Mscarpen like this.
  18. jegross2

FYI,

For those of you who plan to show up and wait outside in the cold before 3 PM when the doors open to the public, the brewery said that it is against village ordinances for there to be a bottle share outside. Please, DO NOT be "that guy" (or girl) that gets them in trouble!!!!! Save your bottles for opening at the party.

19. *cough* Most people know to bring cash to those types of events *cough*

atone315 likes this.
  20. mtrutlin

mtrutlin Savant (285) Colorado Apr 4, 2012

I'm pretty sure that the individual and not the business would get cited here. That's like saying if I go crack a 40 oz. of OE in front of a 7/11 that they'd get cited for my having an open intoxicant in their parking lot. Of course, I'd have to take a look at said ordinance in order to know for sure ;)

PlethoraOfPalette likes this.
  21. MarcatGSB

Well the individual may be cited, but I'm sure the local authorities would look at Central Waters differently if they had 40 asshole outside drinking out of brown bags. Either way, respect their wishes.

22. Drucifer

Drucifer Savant (465) Illinois Apr 16, 2012

This is definitely what SHOULD happen in that case; however, in Chicago if a liquor establishment is throwing an event and a bunch of people are drinking outside they can lose their liquor license regardless of whether or not they were condoning the act. This also could be completely different in Amherst.

23. jegross2

It doesn't matter who gets in trouble. They asked not to do it, so don't.

24. Dactrius

Dactrius Advocate (500) Wisconsin Apr 23, 2012

You trying to scare people away by referencing wind chill instead of actual temperature? ;)

BearsBrotsBulls likes this.
  25. MarcatGSB

Unless you're from the UP... 6 degrees is a heat wave, I'll take OFF my wool leggings if it's that warm.

26. mtrutlin

mtrutlin Savant (285) Colorado Apr 4, 2012

Hmm, I called to ask a out this and received no such request from them.

27. jegross2

I dont know who you talked to, but id call again

28. WeeBourbon

WeeBourbon Zealot (95) Wisconsin Jan 25, 2013

Anyone looking for some extra 15 for Black Note in exchange, let me know

29. jefeld

jefeld Aficionado (195) Illinois Mar 31, 2010

quick question, where on the way from chicago to CW can i easily find a case of enigma and other limited new glarus releases? also does oso have any special bottles for sale at the moment? any other worthwhile stops from chi to CW?

30. atone315

atone315 Advocate (680) Wisconsin Oct 8, 2008

NG- Mars Cheese Castle in Kenosha, right off the freeway.

O'so is selling Bourbon Barrel Night Train and a sour (too lazy to look up name), right now.

31. MarcatGSB

This post makes me go Yuck... And I love Enigma.

32. atone315

Anyone hear rumors of Fifteen 2 bottle limt?

Mscarpen likes this.
  33. sacrelicio

sacrelicio Initiate (0) Minnesota Feb 15, 2005

I'm going for the first time, I chose the event since it has a reputation for being pretty relaxed, well organized, and not a total beer geek campout shitshow. Is the reputation accurate? Or am I gonna be shut out for tap and bottle purchases because I'm not sleeping in the parking lot tonight?

34. Mscarpen

Mscarpen Savant (345) Tennessee Apr 2, 2011

It's a casual, very orderly, well run event. You found the right kinda place for sure.

Drucifer likes this.
  35. sacrelicio

sacrelicio Initiate (0) Minnesota Feb 15, 2005

I hope so. Some of the posts here make me think that I am in for a long cold line to get in and nothing to bring home.

36. mykey120

mykey120 Aficionado (160) Wisconsin Aug 13, 2012

I better not get shut out, i plan on getting there around 3, i wasnt worried until now...i dont think itll be an issue, 1414 was available like all day last year.

37. MarcatGSB

Total beer geek camp out? Dah Umm.. Dude. Well.

38. atone315

Actually, was it not available til Sunday/ Monday?

39. Just to back up JEgross (thanks for calling by the way) - the village has strict rules on drinking on our property - if you are drinking outside on the brewery property we can be cited - they have all sorts of ordinances in place that we are not approved for. I will ask you to pour if I come out and find you drinking. If you want to drink off of our property it is your own risk. Please wait to open beers until inside so I can stay on good terms with the village. This isn't like other events - you can share inside instead of in line. Some last minute changes - you guys will have access to the lab bathroom still this year - but will not be able to hang out in the room. The brewer's wash room has been cleared out and we have a bunch of tables and chairs set up for you guys in the packaging hall adjacent to those rooms. Just ask at the door if you haven't been here before! See you all tomorrow.
    Paul

jegross2 likes this.
  40. pk18

pk18 Savant (290) Wisconsin Jun 12, 2012

I wasn't able to go last year. What kind of crowd should I expect to be at CW tomorrow?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.