1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Central Waters BBS Infected

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by Stimulus199, Mar 5, 2014.

1. jim sebring ‏@bluemaxbeers 10m
    Just talked to peeps at Central Waters. They say 1 batch of Bourbon Bar St is not holding up. Look on Btl neck, if # is 36513, drink now!

Rough going for Central Waters lately. Peruvian Morning, and now this?
  2. For f#ck's sake. I really hope this isn't the case and that it stops with PM. If this extends to Sixteen...my rage will be a dying star.
  3. A buddy of mine called the other day asking about my CW BBS - asking if it tasted off... He said he did have one that was funky... so I 100% believe this....
  4. MCImes

MCImes Savant (350) Minnesota Dec 31, 2010

God damn you CW!!!! Pasteurize your BB beers for F's sake or get the infection under control! We need good, plentifully available BBS, BBBW, and BB anything to combate the scarcity of BCBS and other overpriced BB beers. If they weren't infected the CW BB beers are freaking awesome.

Too bad
    maximum12, McRyan and HoudiniRN like this.
  5. I hope the barleywine holds up! I stocked up on that stuff.
    McRyan and BeerGoogler like this.
  6. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Advocate (560) Iowa Jan 12, 2013

This right here!
  7. it will,,, have not had a bad 1 ever
  8. on a side note on CW any body have info on Illumination usually out march-april
  9. hamham

hamham Aficionado (160) Minnesota Oct 26, 2011

yes, currently being innoculated as we speak.
  10. Yeah but I've talked to people who have never had an infected PM and all of mine but 2 were sour/infected.
  11. much more infected PM over the last 3 years than BW (none) you will be fine
    BarrelAgedBarry likes this.
  12. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Advocate (695) Minnesota Nov 12, 2010

Good thing all of mine set aside for aging have this number!
  13. I'll get his bottle number to confirm this btw
  14. I love your optimism, and share it, but the same could have been said for the CW BBS...until now.
  15. I could not agree with you more. This stuff was plentiful, affordable, and tasted top shelf... If I can't get BCBS - this is a dang good runner up...
    BeerGoogler likes this.
  16. nachos

nachos Aficionado (205) Minnesota Jun 4, 2012

My whole case is 32513, whew!!!! Must've got lucky in LaCrosse. Plus, all my peruvian mornings have tasted great!
  17. McRyan

McRyan Aficionado (220) Minnesota Jul 25, 2012

35113 is the # on my bottles. PR nightmare for CW.
  18. then you should skip this release and go get a shot
  19. Did anybody else think the BBS was too thin?
  20. MNPikey

MNPikey Savant (475) Minnesota Feb 27, 2011

Stopped at the Nova today and asked for Peruvian Morning. Was told it was all pulled due to infection and won't be back until next year.
  21. I have twelve bottles labeled 35113. Dodged a bullet.

Edit: until the inevitable announcement of additional, affected batches.
    BeerGoogler likes this.
  22. MNPikey

MNPikey Savant (475) Minnesota Feb 27, 2011

Drink up
  23. Not so proud owner of 36513 here. Bought at Hyvee in Rochester a few weeks back.
  24. deadbody

deadbody Savant (335) Minnesota May 10, 2010

35113, I'm good for now.
  25. I've got plenty of 35113...
  26. Seefeldt

Seefeldt Savant (345) Minnesota May 15, 2008

Way. I was not a fan.
  27. XmnwildX12

XmnwildX12 Advocate (695) Minnesota Nov 12, 2010

Got all of mine at Blue Max...
  28. will1256

will1256 Savant (370) Minnesota Dec 4, 2010

Always been the case with this beer. Heard that one of their specific goals with 16 was to give it a thicker body, which I would say they succeeded with. While I love BBS, I do hope they will try to make this same improvement with BBS in the future.

In other news, 35113 tasting great right now.
  29. ZAP

ZAP Advocate (700) Minnesota Dec 1, 2001

The BB BW was awesome this year
    McRyan likes this.
  30. BrettHead

BrettHead Advocate (525) Nebraska Sep 18, 2010

Weren't you just saying everything was gravy?.. :(
    BeerGoogler likes this.
  31. zeledonia

zeledonia Advocate (525) Minnesota Nov 23, 2008

36513... Wonder if that means bottled on New Year's Eve 2013. Brewing or bottling on New Year's Eve sounds like a recipe for problems.
  32. plumcrazyfx

plumcrazyfx Savant (420) Minnesota Aug 26, 2010

This has always been the knock on this one. Don't understand why they keep it like that. Space Ghost has good body and mouthfeel so they know how to do it but choose not to, I guess. If they changed it, it would be a supreem BA stout (as long as that pesky infection thing was under control). On second thought, solve that problem first.
    BeerGoogler likes this.
  33. I wish I'd been correct. :( My deal was--and is--that my PM tasted great from multiple sources and I was going to continue to love it until CW confirmed that my heart was broken or until one of them tasted like chewing on tinfoil. Unfortunately, one of those happened. THANKFULLY (for me), I drank all of my PM, and my BBS isn't that bottle number mentioned in this e-mail. Fingers crossed that my bottle number doesn't get called next.

If this issue spreads to the CW BBBW, or--and this might push me from mild-mannered sociopath to raging homicidal lunatic--if it spreads to Sixteen as well...then a dying star my rage becomes.
  34. theCoder

theCoder Savant (320) Minnesota Oct 24, 2011

I found this the case at 2 years of age, at least with the 2010 I think they were, bottles I consumed a month or so ago. I th ink this one has a peak of a year to year and a half.

Glad I didn't bother with PM this year. I still have 2 bottle from 2 years ago that are full of infection. I was toying with putting it into a blind tasting to be a jerk and see if anyone can pick it out heh. I had 4 infected last year but I drank them as soon as I noticed it so I had a twinge of metalic goodness :(
  35. His were the bad batch and purchased in Rochester...
  36. drinking a 35113 right now very good have 6 left
  37. MNBeer1017

MNBeer1017 Advocate (505) Minnesota Mar 27, 2013

Are they going to do the BB cherry stout this yr?
  38. Kinda forgot about this post.... Is CW ever going to notify customers about this (similar to PM)?
  39. theCoder

theCoder Savant (320) Minnesota Oct 24, 2011

I'd just email them. They were very prompt last year when I wrote them about my PM and even helped me out with my PM from the prior year even though I missed the "submit by " date.
    HoudiniRN likes this.