1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Central Waters goin' on in Iowa.

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by Ave, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Ave

Ave Savant (315) Iowa Feb 26, 2003

Central Waters is soon to be in Iowa, and they will stat their week of launch events at Zombie Burger in Des Moines on 2/25. CW owners, brewers, reps, & distributors should be in attendance. I’d expect some swag. Draft line up at this point (tentative) is BBA Stout, BBA Barleywine, Peruvian Morning, Glacial Trail IPA, Nitro Mudpuppy Porter, Hoprise IPA. Central Waters is still in process of determining the rest of the week’s schedule, but expect events at El Bait Shop, Keg Stand, among others in Des Moines. I’ve also heard there will be events in the Iowa City & Cedar Rapids areas.

2. Spinaltapped

Spinaltapped Aficionado (225) Iowa Oct 24, 2013

I'm so jazzed for this.

3. HawkeyeNation

HawkeyeNation Savant (375) Iowa Jun 18, 2013

Seconded. I'm pumped!

Pintofbrown likes this.
  4. Pintofbrown

Pintofbrown Advocate (540) Iowa Jun 25, 2011

Thirded! Just had the BBA Imperial Stout and that was liquid gold!

5. aubzachsyd

aubzachsyd Savant (365) Iowa Oct 7, 2013

Thank you sweet baby Jesus. CW is the best brewery in the Midwest and it's not even close. Enjoying a Kosmyk Charlie's Y2K while typing this.

6. Good for Iowa. CWs is really good. They price very fairly for what they offer. I always wish I could buy more of their stuff when it hits the stores.

7. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Advocate (660) Iowa Jan 12, 2013

They'd probably make or get close to making my Top 10 list for Best Midwest Breweries, but certainly wouldn't sniff the top of my list. That said, I do love their lineup, especially the Brewers Reserve series. I would probably rank them in the Top 3 barrel programs in the Midwest for sure though!

And yes, I'm stoked they are coming Iowa. Heard about it around the beginning of the year and have been giddy since. Only a few more weeks. Their BBBW is one of my all-time favorite beers. I also can't wait to drink Illumination!

8. JediMatt

JediMatt Aficionado (210) Iowa Jun 18, 2010

Great news! Really looking forward to trying more of their stuff.

9. Seefeldt

Seefeldt Savant (345) Minnesota May 15, 2008

Illumination is freaking awesome, the new Hopslam IMHO

BottleCaps80 likes this.
  10. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Advocate (660) Iowa Jan 12, 2013

I got one 4pk last year and have been dreaming about drinking it again ever since. Loved that beer!

11. Phil_H

Phil_H Savant (335) Wisconsin Jun 4, 2013

There session IPA Hop Rise is a personal favorite of mine. Plus they price all of there beer very reasonably.

12. redblacks75

redblacks75 Savant (440) Iowa Oct 29, 2010

You've lost your mind. I'm not faulting them, but, since you ranked them as your "best brewery in the Midwest", I must differ. They are not even the best brewery in Wisconsin.

BrettHead and BottleCaps80 like this.
  13. Phil_H

Phil_H Savant (335) Wisconsin Jun 4, 2013

I would probably rate them as my favorite brewery in Wisconsin.

14. CavemanBrau

CavemanBrau Aficionado (155) Iowa Apr 5, 2013

Picked up a 4pk of BBBW while in the Twin Cities over the weekend. The beer guy saw my cart and said he had a couple 4 pks left behind the counter. I told him we would soon be getting CW, and he lamented that we get Toppling Goliath and MN does not. This was after I dropped a PseudoSue off for my friend. I'll be drinking one BBBW tonight.

15. aubzachsyd

Maybe I have lost my mind. Thanks for the diagnosis, Dr. redblacks75. And to think all I had to do was give my opinion on a public forum about beer to get that diagnosis.

wisconsinbeer1 likes this.
  16. redblacks75

redblacks75 Savant (440) Iowa Oct 29, 2010

I retort with the fact you said "it's not even close". You were stating it as if it was FACT. Yes, it's subjective, that I will agree with. However, I will point out that I only let my opinion be known on a public forum.

Double standard?

BrettHead likes this.
  17. BrettHead

BrettHead Advocate (535) Nebraska Sep 18, 2010

You're allowed to have an opinion if it agrees with mine :cool:

redblacks75 likes this.
  18. aubzachsyd

FACT? No. Opinion? Yes. Your statement "They are not even the best brewery in Wisconsin" is also an opinion, not fact. The beauty of these forums is the ability to voice your opinions to other beer drinkers and to start conversations regarding those opinions. Free speech. Just don't make it personal when you disagree with an individual, Matt.

19. Ave

Ave Savant (315) Iowa Feb 26, 2003

20. squashington

squashington Zealot (75) Iowa May 22, 2013

Hyperbole FTL in this instance.