1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Chair 5

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by mnbuffalo, Aug 3, 2012.

1. mnbuffalo

mnbuffalo Aficionado (225) Michigan Jul 26, 2012

Has anyone been there lately? Spent my last year as a single guy in Girdtown in 1999/2000. Loved that place and it was great back to me. Prior to my time in AK, was living in a rural area drinking Leinie's and Grain Belt. Then I moved to Girdwood and had an Alaskan Amber. It set a new bar for me and I had people transporting it to me from Montana for years, but it is now distributed here in MN. Had a Raspberry Wheat the other night while out for dinner. I haven't loved a local establishment like I did Chair 5. Great food, people, and beer.

Seriously, there were some really cool places downtown Anchorage. I always tell people visiting to eat the prime rib at Simon and Seaforts before they have any fish, the "Hello Honey" woman at the Chinese place was classic, and some dive with great burgers not far off Lake Otis I think between Abbot and O'Malley, and of course Benny's Taco Wagon.