1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Charleston Beer Exchange? Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by dwitt24, Feb 24, 2013.

1. The part of NY that I come from is a whole lot more country than Charleston. I am a rather laid back and mellow person but I don't have a southern accent and I am not a prejudiced person. Oh I forgot, that is still ok down there. I guess I am still a New Yorker though and our side did win the war all those years ago so I guess I understand. Why were the people in the Asheville beer stores so nice and friendly to us? I can answer that question myself- half the people is Asheville are not from the south.
    beertunes and dmeadows like this.
  2. WBD

WBD Zealot (95) South Carolina Feb 3, 2013

Country has nothing to do with charleston. Please check your history and get back when you have learned something
    Prejudiced? Please do not prejudge my people based on what you learned in NY.

And sir.

You won a major battle. So why is it that you folks cannot stop moving down here? All the time not one of us feels like we want to move to the upstate of NY?
  3. WBD

My bad. I came across somewhat blunt and I am not speaking about what you smoke.

You talk about the south and then you throw "country" out. It's not the same Bo.

"we won the war". You say?

Cute.

It that kind of bunk that holds all of the great people of this nation down.
  4. Are you guys for real?

** shakes head in embarrassment **
  5. Definitely go with them, you won't be disappointed. They know and really appreciate their customers, as well as have a vast knowledge of beer. They remember me everytime I go in, ask about the wife and the little girl. They know the boss lady gives me a limit and if I ask for a suggestion, they keep it within a reasonable price. I've been to plenty of beer stores across the country, make it a point to visit the best in each city, ie San Francisco, Honolulu, Miami, NYC, and yes, the Vintage Cellar in Blacksburg, Va. It's just my opinion, but these guys blow them all away.
  6. WBD

Sorry you got your feelings hurt when I said " pot roast Sunday".

Veg is ok. Stand proud.
  7. No need for that stuff on a thread about how great the CBX is. Thank you.
  8. tronto

tronto Aficionado (225) Kentucky Dec 22, 2010

Never ordered from there, but I loved the shop and the guys that ran it held bottles for me til I got in town. Top notch in my book.
  9. Went to CBX the first time I was in Charleston, and the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly in answering my questions (mostly "do you have X and Y"?) and my friend's (who asked for a lot more information/recommendations). They gave us each a complimentary glass from the glassware shelf, and neither of us spent massive bucks (about $100-120 each). I would shop there again any time.