Charleston, SC Beer Tasting

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by brianzehner, Jan 7, 2013.

1. zac16125

zac16125 Champion (995) South Carolina Jan 26, 2010 Verified

Damn Ryan, that first one is a nice haul.

2. raverjames

raverjames Savant (490) Virginia Dec 11, 2003

Beatification!

3. Hey rbradley,

What is the beer on the far left in the 2nd picture? The one with the dancing barrel?

4. BA imperial stout trooper

5. rbradley

rbradley Aficionado (235) South Carolina May 11, 2011 Verified

^^^ Correct! New format for both IST and BAIST this year...500mL bottles for the regular variant and 375mL bottles for the barrel-aged variety.

Another box arrived just in time for tomorrow...already have one of the Underdark bottles set to accompany me tomorrow evening (really looking forward to this one)...any interest in the BA Big Sound ('12) coming as well?

[​IMG]

6. I have yet to try any version of Big Sound, so yes to that.

I'm having a big housewarming tasting next weekend, but I'll pull some stuff out of my stash. Thinking an Event Horizon and OMB Fat Boy should be good, along with other.

7. rbradley

Thanks Zack...let me know if there's something in there you'd like to crack at COAST one of these upcoming weekends.

8. rbradley

Done! So here's what I got laid out thus far...

Underdark
    Abraxas
    Lunker
    Before the Dawn
    BA Big Sound
    BA Gingerbread
    BA Imperial Milk Porter (CCB)
    BBXXIV
    BCBCS '12
    FW Anniversary XV and XVI
    Ghandi Bot x 2

zac16125 and nickmcc like this.
  9. Looks great Bradley, how about I bring a FW 14 so we can have a lil mini vertical?

10. rbradley

Sounds good to me...never had any of the FW Anniversary brews...looking forward to them!

11. I've got 11,12,and 13. Don't think we need to get into all that though. Looks like we might have too much beer as it is.

rbradley likes this.
  12. I hope you boys have a nice time - seriously considered coming, with personal jabbings from kkipple & nickmcc, but have a birthday thingamajig.

rnorgart - based on this thread, you are no longer allowed to bitch about not being able to get a tasting together. BUT, you can totally still bitch at me for not coming.

13. raverjames

Excuses, excuses. Too good for us? I see how it is.

14. Raver, if you invited me to your birthday party, I would go AND tell rnorgart to shove it. Can't we all be friends?

15. rbradley

Yeah...I'm pretty sure that if get through half what everyone brings, I will not be functional come Saturday (possibly even Sunday).

16. I wasn't jabbing you! I was just coaxing you into joining us in the enjoyment of some fine beverages. And based on the photos, they sure are fine.

FutureCowboy likes this.
  17. rbradley

Btw, if anyone is still interested, I've have one (possibly two) Silver Goose glasses available (one of my work colleagues decided two was enough). $8/glass (after shipping, etc...cheaper than buying them from a GI brewpub :D ) and I can bring them with me this evening.

18. Hah, I don't think there is any rule that we have to drink everything brought... I just like to bring a lot so we have choices.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

nickmcc likes this.
  19. For someone who seems to be the beer geek king of Charleston, it is strangely hard to get you to drink beer with beer geeks.

20. I'll take one if it's not to late. Thanks

21. rbradley

You got it...will bring another Goose this evening. Still have one available if anyone else is interested...

22. I'll take it.

23. rbradley

All yours...I'll bring it tonight as well.

24. raverjames

Well, in that case, you are excused. As long as you are telling Ryan to shove it.

FutureCowboy likes this.
  25. Is that what I'm supposed to be? No one told me!

26. Surprise.

FutureCowboy likes this.
  27. ME WANT COOKIES !!! And New Glarus ...

[​IMG]

28. rbradley

That was awesome as was the entire evening! Had an absolute blast Friday night...still kind of paying for it today. It was great to finally meet up with some other Charleston BA's and already looking forward to the pre-Brewvival tasting event. Gotta give a shout out to Brian for being an amazing host (and thanks for getting me out to the car as I really don't remember that portion of the evening...lol). I need to give you a buzz and figure out when is a good time to swing by and grab my Northface (left it in the kitchen). Also, I have to apologize if I forgot to say goodbye to anyone (possibly everyone) before I ducked out. If you couldn't tell, I don't usually have more than one or two an evening and safe to say, I believe we surpassed that within the first hour or so (and really wasn't completely with it late in the evening). Btw, did anyone get a pic of the final graveyard?

29. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Couldn't get it all on one pic, and not sure that's everything.

rbradley likes this.
  30. Here ya go! Ryan, you "missed" the Ghost Face Killah. :eek:
    [​IMG]

rbradley likes this.
  31. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

Hot damn! Nice!

32. raverjames

Thanks to Brian for hosting this tasting. Fun time had by all!

33. The best! Brian Zehner tastings are the stuff of legend.

As he predicted, we did indeed eat all the buffalo chicken dip...

nickmcc likes this.
  34. zac16125

zac16125 Champion (995) South Carolina Jan 26, 2010 Verified

Examples number 1, 2, and 3 of why I thought going would lead to a hangover which I could not afford to have with work the next day. Looks like an awesome time. Just out of curiousity, how many people were there. They has to be about 20 bombers in those pictures, plus a handful of smaller bottles. Looks like you guys raged!

35. There were three of us. Seriously though, about 12 or 13 I think.

36. I can't remember one of Brian's or Ryan's ever surviving.

37. For the last 3 hours or so it was me, Brian, Nick, RaverJames and Bride o' Raver, and Rnorgart. I don't even remember you leaving, Ryan. 0_0

38. rbradley

LOL...neither do I. Thankfully, Brian somehow must have managed to get me down to my ride. The last beers I remember were Lunker and Before the Dawn and both were booze bombs (IIRC). Gonna have to pace a little better next time, but after the first hour or so, we just started rapid fire cracking bottles (and I had to give everything at least a little taste).

39. I think the last hour and a half was just me, Dan, and Nick. We were slowly polishing off the open bottles. Might have opened some more too. Nobody was brave enough to finish off the Ghost Face Killah. Were less brave after I made ice cubes with it.

kkipple likes this.
  40. Looks like a great time guys. When's the next one? Pre-Brewvival? Post-Brewvival?