1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Check out this packing job

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by ipas-for-life, Dec 29, 2012.

1. ipas-for-life

ipas-for-life Savant (400) Virginia Feb 28, 2012

Did a holiday trade with a friend. I sent my box first. I used a beer shipper box inside another box with plenty of packing material. Sent it out Ups and was nervous until it arrived. My buddies box arrived yesterday. When I saw the box on my front porch I just laughed. Everything made it one piece from Colorado to Virginia. Don't think he checks this site but if you do thanks for hooking it up with an awesome box bro. As they say the inside is what counts.[​IMG]
  2. Bad_Trader

Bad_Trader Initiate (0) Namibia Nov 8, 2012

Looks fine to me. Don't know what's inside though, ya'know, the "Part that counts"
  3. I've gotten boxes that looked far worse than that and everything was intact. Sometimes the best packing jobs are inside of ugly boxes.
  4. GraniteSkunk

GraniteSkunk Savant (375) Illinois Apr 17, 2007

The only thing that made me look twice is the fact that he sent it USPS.
  5. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

Looked fine until I noticed the gaping hole in the side of the box. Looks like your mailman might be sipping on some heady Colorado suds.
    RochesterAaron likes this.
  6. ipas-for-life

ipas-for-life Savant (400) Virginia Feb 28, 2012

I found out the day it was arriving. I guess they don't mind shipping a box that is marked 12 qty 22oz and has handle holes in it.
    brother_kenneth and AlexFields like this.
  7. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (630) New York Mar 21, 2010

Boxes have a shelf life also. Reusing stuff is fine when trading, but it reaches a point where a box needs to be retired. I wonder how many people are using over the hill boxes.

At first glance that box looks fine, but zoomed in with my iPad, that is one crazy looking box :)!
  8. Looks like someone didn't read AleWatcher's blog.
    ipas-for-life likes this.
  9. The box is bad enough...But those faux granite counter-tops?!!! Eeeesh!;)
  10. Looks like he used a Home Depot packing box with the built in handles. Lucky everything was in one piece.
  11. YaKnowBrady

YaKnowBrady Initiate (0) New Jersey Jul 23, 2010

FTFY
    MarkIntihar, LostTraveler and yamar68 like this.