1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Cherry Rye and Coffee BCBS in CT?

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by seplo, Dec 6, 2012.

1. seplo

seplo Savant (445) Connecticut Sep 8, 2009

Just curious if any of my fellow CT BA's know when these 2 are suppose to hit our shelves.
  2. Tried to find out yesterday but Beer Manager I spoke to had not received any info.
  3. I've asked at a couple of places in the new haven area this past week and both were expecting to get some, but didn't have a real time frame. The best estimate I got was a month after NY gets it since that's how BCBS went.
  4. I just got both in RI tonight Very limited quantities.
    bigedct likes this.
  5. bigedct

bigedct Savant (405) Connecticut Jun 23, 2011

Where in RI? Heard to my sisters in N Kingston today.
    Thanks for some info.
  6. I'm hoping some makes it to CT. Asked around locally in Fairfield County and most places had no idea what I was talking about. I guess we will all just have to wait and see.
  7. I called a bunch of places in RI and MA who I knew had regular BCBS and absolutely no one knew anything about Coffee or Cherry Rye. Like I said, Nikki's Liquors in North Providence got a case of each and I don't think anyone knows why/how they are the only ones in what seems now like all of CT, MA and RI. Very strange indeed.
  8. seplo

Thanks for the info guys, ive called a couple places to reserve btls, but no one knows when its coming in as well.Although i went to Julio's in Mass last week and they said they were expecting to get theirs this week for any Mass BA's out there...CHEERS
  9. Because there owner knows what he is doing. Best part about going to school a mile away was that store
  10. I work in a reputable beer bar in CT. I've been assured they are both coming. It's just a matter of when and how much. Also, supposedly getting both on draft as well, even more extremely limited tho.
    franklinn, seplo and TRFD803 like this.
  11. seplo

Great info...sounds good to me...CHEERS
  12. I think i know the bar, but i could be wrong. I think i've seen you there, but again, i could be wrong. Old age has that sort of impact on the memory.
  13. Yeah, I think I recognize you too...come back and get some more of that West Coast Cask while I still have it.
  14. Got coffee today in CT, no cherry rye yet.
  15. tpww7

tpww7 Aficionado (180) Connecticut Jun 26, 2007

What town in CT?
  16. Where in CT? Probably nowhere close to me.
  17. Hey guys, I live in Groton and just picked up some today at my local store...Grand Wine and Spirit. They had at least a few more bottles when I left.

It was only the Coffee stout though, no Cherry Rye as of yet!
  18. Mystic A & P Liquor had two bottles in there on Xmas Eve, and I believe they were a buck a bottle under Grand Wine & Spirit (which seems to be par for the course on most beers)

Ive been told Cherry Rye is coming ...
    hogansct likes this.
  19. The Loading Dock and New England Beverage Co. in the Orange/Milford area have coffee BCBS. No Cherry Rye yet.
  20. 12.99 at loading dock and something like 14 at New England bev.
  21. DanE

DanE Savant (400) Connecticut Feb 24, 2012

Manchester Beer and Wine has Coffee @ $13.99. I hope to pick up a bomber tomorrow. It also seems we got Night Stalker.
  22. Those prices are ridiculously cheap compared to what I paid. It believe it was about $20 per bottle at Grand Wine and Spirits in Groton.

There is also a ton of Night Stalker there, which no one seems to be buying.
    jaxon53 likes this.
  23. If all these other places have it, I imagine Amity has some now, too
  24. Amity just told me they haven't gotten it yet when I called. Any idea if the places in Milford still have it? Trying to convince the girlfriend to goto dinner down there...
  25. Loading dock still has some.
  26. seplo

I think everywhere has it now, awesome news...CHEERS
  27. both places are out now i believe
  28. I picked up some at Wallingford W&S, $12.99; there were 5 bottles left on the shelf when I departed, as well as several ISTs at $7.49.
  29. I think i picked up the first bottle at MWL as the email and Facebook post came out while i was next door yesterday. No Cherry Rye as of yet and they only got one case of BCBCS (one bottle limit) and one case of Night Stalker.
  30. If anyone is still looking for BCBCS closer to the Hartford area, Harvest Fine Wine & Spirits on the West Hartford line had a few bottles today when I went in. They also had Night Stalker, but neither of them are on the shelves so you'll have to ask for them. I bought one of each for just over $27 I believe.
    DogfishTail likes this.
  31. I paid $20 too! What gives?? These stores don't make any money charging 13?
    hogansct likes this.
  32. cbanker

cbanker Savant (265) California Jul 31, 2005

Towne wine and spirits in Norwich just put out another case of bcbcs @ 18.99 ea. All the places around here (Norwich,nl, Groton) are between 17.50 to 20.
  33. Found Coffee and regular BCBS at the Waterford Wine & Spirits a few days ago (Friday). BCBS was $23 for the 4-pack and coffee was $20 for the bomber. Seems I overpaid compared to others, but considering that MA doesn't have any at all yet, I was happy to find some on my last day visiting home for the holidays.
    hogansct and jaxon53 like this.
  34. seplo

GOD DAMN, i got all mine for 13.99 each....CHEERS
  35. Townline in Trumbull had coffee on Saturday for 13 with a one bottle limit. They said they had a few cases.
  36. I picked up coffee at the Old Lyme A&P today ($20). Anyone see Cherry out there?
  37. few places i called in hartford area were all out of coffee, which is all they received
  38. Just left Fairway Wines in Stamford and they have 8 BCBCS sitting on the shelf, also a few 4-Packs of BCBS.
  39. Did I totally miss Coffee and Cherry Rye in New Haven, or have they not hit the area yet?