1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Cherry Rye and Coffee BCBS in CT?

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by seplo, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Coffee came and went, doubt theres any left. Cherry hasnt arrived yet.

CharlatanSin likes this.
  2. cbanker

cbanker Savant (285) California Jul 31, 2005

Seems like coffee is disappearing, but still around at some shops. I haven't heard any reports of Cherry Rye in CT yet.

3. seplo

seplo Savant (455) Connecticut Sep 8, 2009

Coffee is pretty much gone and Cherry Rye didnt hit yet...CHEERS

4. There is coffee in eastern CT if anyone is looking...

5. Knifestyles

Knifestyles Savant (455) New York Jun 7, 2005

sandman3479 likes this.
  6. Had it Friday night. Tasting phenomonal. Surprised it's lasted this long

seplo likes this.
  7. Masshole, here. Is Cherry Rye still supposed to come our way?

8. where?

9. Cherry rye was suppose to hit CT today.

10. Gmr75

Gmr75 Savant (380) Connecticut Apr 30, 2002

In stores today?, or to the distributor?

11. You will see it any day. I work for the local beer co. Who carries it. It just came in to the warehouse last week. Big John (also from Goose Island) in as well. I have tried Big John it is very very good. We did not get to sample cherry rye yet. I hope to try some next week some time. Cheers!

12. In stores ask your local packy. It will only be in big stores. I work for the distributor who carries it. The coffee is AMAZING!!!! I have not tried the cherry rye yet. I hope to soon. It you live east of the ct river I may be able to tell you were you can find it. Cheers

13. You may have to travel to cordial shoppe in old Saybrook. The distributor that I work for still has some coffee. Big John, night Stalker, and cherry rye are all in stock. There is no more regular bourbon county four pack left in the warehouse. You can also try A&P Old Lyme.

14. I know Cherry Rye just his stores in Southeastern CT yesterday (along with Big John)

15. Picked up a couple bottles of Cherry Rye yesterday at A&P in Old Lyme. Can't wait to open one.

LambAndTunaPhish likes this.
  16. Hook a brother up!

17. I'll reach out to the store where I got my stuff from and see if they have any left (I only got one bottle of Cherry Rye and 2 Big johns due to financial constraints)

18. Hook it up!

19. A&P liquors in Old Lyme... Get there!!

20. xanok

xanok Savant (405) Connecticut Aug 13, 2009

You should have spent it all on Cherry Rye. Big John is mediocre.

jaxon53 likes this.
  21. seplo

Any word yet on New Haven county?

22. Spoke to the Wine Thief guys on Saturday, they say it's on order but not in yet. They told me to check back later in the week.

23. seplo

was that downtown or Crown St.?

24. A&P is out. Someone before me grabbed the last 2.

25. Downtown. When I called Whitney they said they didn't know at all, and to check with the guys downtown.

26. seplo

Cool, thanks for the heads up...Guess im gonna have to call Karl...CHEERS

27. Loading Dock just posted on Facebook that the salesman told them "cherry stout next week!!" after receiving Big John today.

28. smutty33

smutty33 Advocate (650) Connecticut Jun 12, 2009

Yeah,my local go to store told me next week as well yesterday.
    They got big john in and when they asked about cherry,were told that its in the warehouse but are waiting till next week as they want to "slowly release this one.".............o_O

Cheers

seplo likes this.
  29. seplo

Great cuz slowly releasing a beer is somehow gonna change the fact that it will be sold out in a week...CHEERS

30. Knifestyles

Knifestyles Savant (455) New York Jun 7, 2005

You don't see the benefit of that specific strategy?

Let's say they delivered it all at the same time each account.....it's likely that it will disappear from everywhere almost immediately. Not even within a week. We're talking in a day or two (max).

Release it slowly/staggered to each account? This gives you a much more fair opportunity to find it. Miss the drop at your preferred local store? No prob. The other store down the street is getting their shipment next. Problem solved.

Of course, there still won't be enough to satisfy every beer nerd's appetite...but this is a step in the right direction.

31. seplo

I hear ya man but a beer geek will call around or do research to find out when its going to be released.Im sure you did the same thing like me.Any beer geek is going to have a go to shop thats going to reserve them a btl or 2, i was lucky enough to have mine reserve me 3 and he asked me if i wanted more but i said no cuz i believe in good beer karma and rather have other geeks get a chance to get their hands on it.Most places will have a 1 btl limit which gives more ppl a chance to get it anyway.I just dont like the fact that Old Lyme got it a week and a half before everyone else,IMO it should be released to the whole state at the same time...CHEERS

smutty33 likes this.
  32. Guess I'm not a beer geek or just like living on the edge...

Knifestyles likes this.
  33. seplo

I just dont want to leave anything to chance.I've been waiting for this beer and the last thing i wanted to do was miss it...CHEERS
    Great avatar by the way

34. As of last night, Waterford Wine and Spirits had two bottles of Cherry Rye left on the shelf. 1 bottle limit per customer.

35. Mystic A & P received an additional case of Cherry but the price is steep ($19.99) per their district office, they also had Coffee,
    Night Stalker and Big John on the shelf as of 5 o'clock today

36. I was in A&P Waterford on Tuesday for work. They had 2 cases each cherry, and coffee plus a case of big John or night stalker I forget which one. They had just come in and was in the back room that still had to be but into there system. Good net they will still have some for this weekend.

37. Anyone have any updates on New Haven? The guy I asked at Wine Thief downtown the other day had no idea what I was talking about :(

38. Did either Wine Thief even get Coffee or regular BCBS for that matter? I thought that since GI is distributed by Dichello, and they do almost zero business with them, we wouldn't be seeing the specialties. I know the downtown store carries the GI Belgian line, but since they don't carry most other ABI products I expected the various Bourbon County beers to wind up a larger stores that move more Bud.

39. One of the guys who works there told me they got regular BCBS, though I didn't get or see any myself. And I was told that Cherry Rye was "on order" about a week ago. But then this week I talked to a different guy who didn't know.