1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Cherry Rye in 4 packs - what if?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by bozodogbreath, Jan 14, 2013.

1. bozodogbreath

bozodogbreath Savant (450) Indiana Oct 19, 2006

There seems to be a bit of butt hurt over Bell's releasing Black Note in 4 packs of 12 oz bottles just a couple of weeks after releasing BN in 750's, and doing it for only a $1 more. How would the community feel if AB-INBev were to suddenly release 4 packs of Cherry Rye for $24? Would those who walked over hot coals to get a bomber suddenly feel as if the had been hosed by AB-INBev?

2. nope. I'd be ecstatic, and yes I fit into the category above.

3. ISO - and I was lucky to get Cherry Rye

4. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

I'd love it if GOOSE ISLAND did 4 packs of the variants.

Hugonaut13 and dmeadows like this.
  5. There wasn't even enough Cherry Rye to be put in bombers. I wouldn't worry about 4 packs, or ever seeing it produced again.

6. RichD

RichD Advocate (715) Rhode Island Mar 18, 2012

4 packs would be ideal because then I wouldn't have to drink a whole bomber in 1 sitting. And I know that I can seal the cap but why the hell would I do that.

jglowe77 likes this.
  7. crossovert

crossovert Champion (790) Illinois Mar 29, 2009

1 I don't care about the black note issue. 2. I wound't support Inbev anyways, even if GI is good product it isn't the best and there are more alternatives than you can dream. I can't stand how people are still latching onto GI when they claim to support the craft movement.

brewbetter likes this.
  8. evilc

GI is a craft brewery.

9. crossovert

It is an Inbev product, a company that is firmly against the craft movement. So you support inbev when you buy GI, it isn't rocket science, but I feel like you just wanted to be a dick about wording.

benjaminahudson and brewbetter like this.
  10. evilc

I think you're being a dick with your wording:

Get over yourself.

11. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

"Huh, I'm surprised this thread turned into a Goose Island / AB-InBev debate" said no one ever.

12. crossovert

How is that being a dick? LOL. Unless you are one of those people, in that case thanks for supporting GI when AbInbev decides to buy Alpine.

13. I thoroughly enjoyed my bomber of Cherry Rye last night.

Where is the line for 4-packs?

14. evilc

lol @ Pat selling his brewery =)

afrokaze and pschul4 like this.
  15. If you have to ask, even rhetorically, then...

16. evilc

I think the Bros should add a special Avatar icon that means " I DON'T SUPPORT GI" so we all know ( and don't care ) that said user hates GI. That way they won't have to inject their stupid "mission" into any thread that includes a GI product.

kevinscott, Douggo and huskermike12 like this.
  17. willbm3

willbm3 Savant (380) Massachusetts Feb 19, 2010

I don't understand all the hate for GI (I mean I do, but it seems very silly). I don't buy craft beer because I like supporting smaller breweries. I buy craft beer because it tastes good. Therefore, since they still make quality beer I will keep buying it. Hell, if AB/InBev made good beer I would support them too

18. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

it wouldnt matter bc all the stores would break them up into singles and charge like $8 a bottle anyways.

NickyDee21 likes this.
  19. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

With the release of the 765 ml. Belgian series from Goose, AB/InBev is pushing for Goose Island to really attack the wine market. They are dropping bombers all together, (how many other products are sold in 22 oz. bottles?), and moving towards a more slick marketing scheme. I think they have a point...people are happy to pay 12 dollars for a bottle of mediocre Kendall Jackson...why not try and tap into that? So as far as that goes, I don't see four packs of anything new coming out of Goose.

20. cmmcdonn

cmmcdonn Savant (355) Virginia Jun 21, 2009

Maybe then I'll get to try some Alpine on the east coast. *fingers crossed*

caguiar likes this.
  21. JohnB87

JohnB87 Savant (325) Michigan Mar 14, 2011

You know what they say about assholes:

"If you run into an asshole just once, move on. If you run into assholes ALL DAY, then you're the asshole."

22. I'd buy GI BCBS and all of it's variants if Bernie Madoff or Hitler brewed it! Gimme that delicious stout!

dsal89 and sunkistxsudafed like this.
  23. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Savant (445) Illinois Mar 19, 2012

I'd be pissed either way. I get paying a premium for great beer, especially if it's a hand crafted limited release. I can appreciate that the production costs of Cherry or Coffee BCBS are higher than making regular BCBS and thus passed on to the consumer.

The thing that really chafes with Black Note is that they appear to have intentionally mismarketed their product. They first said - "Hey guys we made a really special beer, there's only 1,500 bottles, was expensive to make, and we're going to charge $23 bucks for a 750ml."

Then the next week they said "Just kidding, we made tons of this shit and the production costs really weren't that high so we're distributing it to several markets. So come on in and stop by a 4-pack for $24 bucks."

WTF.

foobula likes this.
  24. zach60614

zach60614 Savant (300) Illinois May 1, 2012

It is the god damned hipster mentality that makes me hate a lot of the current "beer scene".

25. ISO.

I'll take a 4/6 pack of any beer over only a 750 of one.

26. dsal89

dsal89 Advocate (505) Indiana Jul 6, 2008

So youre a nazi?

/strawman

27. Darklight

Darklight Savant (295) Pennsylvania Jun 27, 2006

Well said.

And yeah gimmie some of that Cherry Rye in 4 packs.

28. No silly, I'm a Zombie!

JxExM likes this.
  29. dsal89

dsal89 Advocate (505) Indiana Jul 6, 2008

My mistake! Carry on

30. If I understand how to trading forum, then people who had to suffer through going to Binny's and standing in line, or people who live in Conneticut, would have been able to land

BA Decadence TIMES TWO
    Huna TIMES TWO
    BA Speedway TIMES TWO
    Juicy + Civil Disobedience 5 TIMES TWO
    Stille Nache Riserva 2010 TIMES TWO
    T25 TIMES TWO
    Mimosa TIMES TWO
    Cable Car TIMES TWO
    Fou Foune TIMES TWO
    Silva Stout four pack TIMES TWO

so basically a 100% improvement in the lives of people who endure offshelf hardship. we can only dream.

libbey and FosterJM like this.
  31. FosterJM

FosterJM Champion (835) California Nov 16, 2009

What is FFF did the DL variants in 4pks. MY HEAD JUST BLEW UP or Grey Monday or Black Tuesday....BOOM BOOM BOOM!!

Cheers!

32. suprisingly enough though, that had enough to keg some, wels in N had growler fills in NJ