1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Chicago Beer Bar Suggestions

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Oneinchaway, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Going to Goose Island Clybourn for dinner tonight and want to go to a really good beer spot after (that may have some good barrel aged bottles for serving). Quick suggestions?
  2. Ive only been suggested Local Option and Sheffields. Thoughts?
  3. go to local option. far greater set of taps. also walk able distance from GI if you dont mind the cold/pretend snow
  4. DanH11

DanH11 Aficionado (160) Illinois Feb 26, 2012

Local option or map room, both good options and close.
  5. Flabbyjandro

Flabbyjandro Savant (450) Illinois Jun 12, 2012

Local option, hop leaf, map room
  6. foobula

foobula Savant (330) Illinois Dec 14, 2009

Northdown just posted photos of several BA bottles on their facebook page. It's a couple miles north of Goose Clybourn. I haven't been there myself but have heard positive reviews.
  7. Ended up checking out The Bluebird...AMAZING beer selection FYI.
  8. JimmyW

JimmyW Savant (270) Illinois Feb 17, 2011

9. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (835) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

Regarding Fischman's: Never been there but would stop by if its worth it to stock up on botoitles. Esp of the GI stuff. Thoughts?
  10. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

HEY MOD, or Jason, or Todd, can't we sticky a Chicago thread that has links to the dozens of old threads? It would just make it easier for some people...
  11. BDub81

BDub81 Aficionado (125) Illinois Dec 8, 2009

Looking for anything in particular?
  12. I didnt pick anything up on my trip there but i'll vouch for their impressive selection. they've got more than enough to make me drool all over the place. mostly i was to lazy/broke to bring anything home on my frozen bike ride.
  13. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (835) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

I'm liking to try some of the rarer GI brews like BCS, etc. I've had pretty much everything else they put out.