1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Chicago Craft Beer Week

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by pschul4, Apr 24, 2012.

1. pschul4

pschul4 Advocate (615) Illinois Jan 7, 2011

Anybody have any insider info yet? I know Haymarket is having 2 tap takeovers, 1 from Greenbush (May 18th) and 1 from Sunking (May 24th). Do neighborhood maps cost anything this year? Lets get this party started!
  2. fritts211

fritts211 Savant (285) Tennessee Feb 19, 2011

NNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!! I'm going to be in Tennessee during craft beer week... :(
  3. Oh god I hope I am not working or laid off for CBW. I want to enjoy every single day. Who needs a job
  4. Also, Revolution Brewing is doing the grand opening of their new brewery on May 25th during CBW, and they are supposed to be somehow involved in CCBW. Tickets are a cheap $15 and go on sale Friday at noon.
    moju likes this.
  5. Lansman

Lansman Savant (400) Illinois Mar 19, 2011

Three words: Mash Tun Festival
    cjacobsen likes this.
  6. OT (slightly)... Keep your eyes open for Ann Arbor Beer Week in July...official details to be announced soon
  7. I'm pretty excited for some of the events. Got my tix for beer under the glass.
  8. moju

moju Aficionado (150) Illinois Jan 18, 2011

You'll definitely want to get tickets for the Revolution party on the 25th, trust me. We'll have a ton of great events throughout the week at the pub as well...lots of new beers and returning favorites, and a pretty kickass Firestone-Walker tap takeover. Details to follow, but save the date on the 25th, tickets go on sale on Friday.
  9. Moju, I'm just curious - is anything included with the ticket price for the event? Beer (samples or otherwise) or food, etc. I haven't seen any updates about what to expect since the first notice for the party.
  10. The22Lou

The22Lou Aficionado (190) Oregon Jun 1, 2011

This year is a complete revamp of last year (because it kinda sucked, lets be real). Any bar that wants to partake can do it for free (as opposed to 200 bucks last year) and the maps are free as opposed to the 15bucks they were last year
    pschul4 likes this.
  11. moju

moju Aficionado (150) Illinois Jan 18, 2011

12. trbergman

trbergman Savant (405) Illinois Nov 17, 2006

13. MarkFy

MarkFy Savant (280) Illinois Dec 18, 2009

I'm out of town as well and very bummed I can't go. What an epic tap list of all their great stuff. BA Baracus, BA Sodom, Very Mad Cow, some of my favorite beers that I haven't had in a very long time.
  14. Jerry

Jerry Aficionado (205) Illinois Apr 15, 2012

I can't even get on the Revolution website. It won't connect.
  15. RC0032

RC0032 Aficionado (205) Illinois Mar 10, 2009

Yup...its down.
  16. Not sold out -- website just totally crashed.
  17. flurker

flurker Zealot (95) Illinois Nov 10, 2007

You probably just got served the old page. It said out of stock at 10 AM, when I first had a look. I'm on the page now and added tickets to my cart, but the hamsters are having a hell of time under the strain.
  18. Maybe they didn't want to do it because it's part of Craft Beer Week, but this seems like something that maybe they should have considered offering to their Party Members in a pre-sale, like Goose Island does with Stoutfest and MBAs.
  19. At this point, I wouldn't mind something official saying they'll try again in a few hours (or tomorrow... just something specific) once they can line up more server capacity so I don't have to keep trying right now.
  20. DanH11

DanH11 Aficionado (160) Illinois Feb 26, 2012

Feel free to stop trying :)
  21. Hehe, I remember last year (for some reason) their closing party didn't sell out for a few days. I wonder if that's what they were expecting this time around too.
  22. Zing!

Also, via facebook ~2 minutes ago:
    Revolution Brewing
    Isn't this awesome? We should do this more often. I think We're getting close to a fix. Stay tuned for an update.
  23. Lansman

Lansman Savant (400) Illinois Mar 19, 2011

Just got through to the confirmation page - 4 tickets purchased. Tickets put in cart around 12:20 PM.

Hang in there everyone!
  24. Thanks for the heads up flurker, got back in and got tickets :)
  25. Jerry

Jerry Aficionado (205) Illinois Apr 15, 2012

Same here. Tickets purchased.
  26. Working now, pretty quick and easy...
  27. chanokokoro

chanokokoro Advocate (590) Illinois Jan 31, 2012

I got four tickets at about 1:10-1:15. Was an absolute clusterf**k for about an hour...
  28. paslaugh

paslaugh Aficionado (170) Illinois Feb 17, 2012

Just grabbed two tickets about 20 min ago. Should be a great way to end CCBW. Can't wait to try Gravedigger Billy again. That might have been the best barrel aged beer I had all winter.
  29. Got 4 also here around 1:10. Wonder how they got it to be so smooth so fast.
  30. Vav

Vav Savant (475) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

I'm working at cant get tix D:
  31. No need to wait until May -- it's back on tap in the brewpub!
    chanokokoro likes this.
  32. toolbrew

toolbrew Savant (360) Illinois Feb 26, 2008

Got tickets for Half Acre's event on Friday. Will probably also hit Farmhouse's "tribute" next Sunday.

(I realize it's an older thread - thought I'd rekindle rather than start a new one)
  33. cjacobsen

cjacobsen Savant (315) Illinois Aug 26, 2010

I'll be at the Stone booth at Mash Tun on Saturday, May 19th. Should be a good fest.
  34. dvelcich

dvelcich Savant (330) Illinois Feb 6, 2008

Anyone know who to contact about volunteering at any events? I tried Pete Crowley already, but never heard back from him.
  35. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

[​IMG]
  36. dvelcich

dvelcich Savant (330) Illinois Feb 6, 2008

When I let you take that picture you promised me it wouldn't end up posted on BA. For shame...

Seriously though, I was just hoping to use my free time to give back a little to the craft movement and do a little networking on the side. What brewer wouldn't want an out of work electrician willing to volunteer his time for free?
    MarkIntihar likes this.
  37. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

Haha, just having some fun :D

Hopefully you land a pouring gig!
  38. So I am new to CCBW and want to make sure I understand how this works. You pick up a lanyard (on the 17th or can I get one beforehand?) at one of the listed bars. You then pick up a physical map at one of the event locations that has a featured beer, or you have to order the featured beer (it is different than the PDF that is already available and can be printed)?? Then you can go to the bars with Featured Beers to get a sticker. You should be able to get your map and immediately get 1 sticker correct?

Do the participating bars only give out stickers and feature their "Featured beer" on certain days, or is it every day all day? I imagine it would be quite easy to get stickers in a day or two. Certainly should be easy to get the 2 stickers on 6 maps for the Revolution VIP I imagine.

**Edit** Also, do you get 1 lanyard, or 1 lanyard for each section?
  39. Also, according to ccbw twitter, the lanyards should be available at most of the pick up spots already, though they might not give them out just yet. Anyone try to get one?