1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Chicago Craft Beer Week

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Dontcounttoday, Apr 11, 2013.

1. The map and first events are up already. Many more to come.
    Www.chibeerweek.com/maps/

Sadly, Half Acre won't be holding The Sands event again this year, but looking forward to their anniversary party, as well as many other events. Had such an awesome time last year
    Nachos4two likes this.
  2. kodt

kodt Savant (475) Illinois Mar 6, 2013

Think I'll go to the Two Hearted Three Way event.
  3. jdhende

jdhende Savant (345) Illinois Sep 27, 2010

I'm waiting for revolution to post an event. There events lately have been downright amazing. I can't imagine them not throwing another killer party again for Chicago beer week.
    Dontcounttoday likes this.
  4. Why can't we tag people in posts? I want moju to chime in! I want to know if it's too late to request elephant rides at their party.
  5. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (700) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

Might try to make it down there for some of these finally.
  6. Lansman

Lansman Savant (400) Illinois Mar 19, 2011

I just hope that when Northdown holds their Founders event to kick off the week(s), they aren't still charging $20/bottle, or, by comparison, over $13 for an 8 oz. pour of KBS.
  7. JRBecks

JRBecks Savant (400) Illinois Apr 3, 2012

The events at Tribes in TP and Tap house in Plainfield look pretty good, why does it have to be so far away?!
  8. jb3304

jb3304 Savant (250) Illinois Mar 29, 2012

I also hope they keep their prices reasonable for the FW event the following day.
  9. PDZ

PDZ Savant (260) Illinois Jun 26, 2012

good on tap house plainfield! like to see more suburban places get involved... eh erhm bavarian lodge
  10. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (435) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

11. PDZ

wait so theres a frolf course somewhere off the 35th stop? throwin thru someones dorm window? #cityfrolf
  12. Sean9689

Sean9689 Advocate (705) Illinois Mar 17, 2009

If only Chicago could do it like San Francisco does it...awesomely.
    cfrances33 likes this.
  13. JakeT469

JakeT469 Savant (305) Illinois Jan 13, 2012

PDZ likes this.
  14. PDZ

Nachos4two likes this.
  15. JmH

JmH Aficionado (135) Illinois Jun 6, 2012

I seem to remember that the best events were the ones that popped up the week of
  16. And nothing from Goose -- I hope they can manage something as fun as last year's mini-golf course (though it wouldn't surprise me if they're focusing their attention on the 25th Anniversary Party instead).
  17. Lansman

They subsequently changed the price from $20 to $13 for a bottle last night, but the fact that they originally set the price at $20 for over a week was disappointing to see from a former favorite beer bar.
  18. Sean9689

former favorite?
  19. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Savant (325) Illinois Dec 31, 2010

Super stoked for the FatPour Sam Adams Tap Takeover.
    Treebs, JmH and jln83 like this.
  20. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (435) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

Somebody please take these BUG tickets off my hands so I can go to this! Boston Lager! Summer Ale!
    mbockstruck30 likes this.
  21. Lansman

Dangerous precedent. Going to give them some time. Throw more business at The Green Lady.
  22. Sean9689

Word, nice 1-2 combo, no doubt.
    Gonzoillini likes this.
  23. CMB2012

CMB2012 Savant (255) Illinois Nov 26, 2008

If you ever go you'll know why no one talks about it :confused:
    PDZ likes this.
  24. More details on the Half Acre party (via):
    Ok kids, we're throwing a party during Chicago Craft Beer Week.
    Why, you ask? Because we celebrated our 5th Anniversary last August and never truly celebrated, and frankly, that's bush league.
    So, we're righting wrongs and teeing up the good times for some old fashioned no good. We're still ironing out the details for what will be a multi-floor kicker at the Ravenswood Billboard Factory. Rest assured, we will amass a commendable selection of your favorite carbonated snacks with hearty foodstuffs. All these digestables will partner with sights and sounds fitting of a celebration.
    Join us on May 17th, where we'll party from 7-11 PM. Ticket includes food, beverage and entertainment for the evening. 21 and over with a valid ID. There is a limit of two tickets per purchaser. Tickets go on sale Wednesday, April 17th at 10 AM, and will cost $65 (+ fees). Visithttp://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/371354 to purchase tickets.
    Love,
    Half Acre Beer Co.
    Chicago, IL
  25. Lansman

Just throwing this out for general discussion. $65? Too high? Too low? Just right?

I'm undecided.
  26. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Savant (325) Illinois Dec 31, 2010

And what percentage are the donating to charity? How dare a brewery sell tickets to an event before they announce the bands, and the price of the bottles!

In all seriousness, I'd say $65 is a bit too steep for my blood for HA. 4 hours is a long time. They better have some good bands.
  27. mbockstruck30 forgot to wonder if there will even be a commemorative glass!

But seriously folks -- a quick google shows that last year's party was $45 and most people were awfully positive on that one. I suspect that $65 would still be a good value (though I personally don't think there are enough HA beers worth drinking for that long) but considering that it's one event among many... I'm going to Goose's 25th anniversary party (not technically part of CCBW... whatever) and BUG -- and there's still the spectre of whatever Revolution's party. So will I add another party? Doubtful.
  28. JRBecks

JRBecks Savant (400) Illinois Apr 3, 2012

I totally agree I think $65 seems a bit pricey they better have some good ass food and be pouring some even better beer
    and this coming from a man with a HA avatar
  29. sfoulkes

sfoulkes Aspirant (35) Illinois Feb 23, 2012

I did a google search on this and could not find any information on last year's party. Can you post a link?
  30. Half Acre throws really good parties but since I already forked out the cash for the Goose 25 party, my budget is kind of blown for other big parties. I'll note though that in all likelihood it won't be just HA beers at the HA party if it's anything like their past parties (which always had a fair amount of guest stuff), and the food will probably be pretty darn good too.
  31. jln83

jln83 Zealot (85) Illinois Mar 6, 2012

Rev isn't doing a big party.
  32. stevegoz

stevegoz Savant (320) Illinois May 5, 2008

I live every week like it's Chicago Craft Beer Week.
    crushedvol, Boonedog, davey and 4 others like this.
  33. PHBoiler

PHBoiler Advocate (505) Illinois Jan 14, 2013

I'm anxiously awaiting anything interesting in the city on Saturday May 18th. Not looking for anything with a crazy entry fee or super rare beers, just somewhere decent doing something interesting in the afternoon when I'll be in town.
    forrestbetts likes this.
  34. Seconded. Maybe the event at Northdown, although whenever I've visited I've found the prices to be a bit high; wonder what they might do for the CCBW. Don't know anything about ATG.
  35. Is that official? It would be disappointing
  36. Lkoro

Lkoro Aficionado (180) Illinois Aug 29, 2009

I've also heard that Rev is not doing anything special.
  37. On the other hand, I've not heard that Revolution is doing a party
    jebsinger likes this.
  38. Lkoro

Lkoro Aficionado (180) Illinois Aug 29, 2009

I'd prefer you were right.
  39. PHBoiler

PHBoiler Advocate (505) Illinois Jan 14, 2013

I'm creating my own CCBW event for Saturday afternoon May 18th. First off, any Big Ten alumni should volunteer with the Chicago YSA that morning. Each school has an event for groups of Chicago school children. Since I'm a suburbanite, I think I'm just going to hit up Revolution brewpub for lunch, then stop by the Half Acre taproom, and visit Beer Temple for the first time.