1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Chicago Help

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by sefus12, Apr 30, 2013.

1. sefus12

sefus12 Savant (275) Kentucky Sep 7, 2006

Hey folks. I'm heading up to Chicago for a long weekend and was wondering if anyone can help me track down some of Pipeworks' brews. I'm staying in Roscoe Village and Binny's website says that Ninja vs Unicorn isn't available at the Lincoln Park location. Any help is appreciated. Cheers!
  2. MasterSki

MasterSki Site Editor (980) Illinois Dec 25, 2006 Staff Member

West Lakeview Liquors is your closest and best option for Pipeworks.
    Bay01 likes this.
  3. emerge077

emerge077 Champion (925) Illinois Apr 16, 2005

Beer Temple is a half mile west of there on Belmont also...
    Green Lady has some Pipeworks, Northdown and Village Tap are also within walking distance.
  4. ChicagoNick

ChicagoNick Savant (385) Illinois Nov 16, 2012

you won't have trouble finding pipeworks in chicago. Beer Temple, Capone's, West Lakeview Liquors, etc. All are priced appropriately and stock the latest and greatest from Pipeworks. Capone's is expensive on most other stuff, however.
  5. Bottles & Cans would be worth a stop, too.

And while it's true that Pipeworks, generally speaking, is easy to find, if you have a specific hankering for their DIPA's (ninjas and unicorns, etc.), you may not be as lucky. Those don't tend to last long.
  6. jdhende

jdhende Savant (345) Illinois Sep 27, 2010

Roscoe Village might be one of the best areas to find Pipeworks so you are in luck OP.

As others have said WLV, bottles and cans and Beer Temple are all solid options. If you are looking for other stuff also check out Lush or Evolution. They are both hit or miss, but I saw Doom sitting on the counter at Lush on Saturday.
  7. nucmedmario

nucmedmario Savant (320) Illinois Sep 1, 2010

welcome to my hood. everyone on this thread is spot on and as stated above, WLV liquors is your best bet. bottles & cans and beer temple are both really close and great stores.

i'll add before you go liquors to the list for pipeworks, not in roscoe, but right over the damen bridge. and if you're looking for other chicago locals, check out pelly's on lincoln ave.
  8. JimmyW

JimmyW Savant (260) Illinois Feb 17, 2011

Fischman Liquors & Tavern
    Milwaukee and Lawrence in Jefferson Park.