Chicago's Beer Lovers Beer Share Event

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by BeerMeFitz, Mar 22, 2012.

1. CPditka

CPditka Savant (250) Illinois Dec 19, 2011

Im interested. But June 16th is my wedding, so dont think I can skip that.

Skye1024 likes this.
  2. I'd be down but the 16th is the day after my grad school graduation... I have a feeling my beer drinking will be done between midnight and 6am that day. Then sleep.

I'd be down for the 2nd.

3. RC0032

RC0032 Aficionado (205) Illinois Mar 10, 2009

thats near...nothing :(

4. crossovert

crossovert Champion (790) Illinois Mar 29, 2009

its like 15 miles out of the city of chicago, amidst a jungle of suburban sprawl

5. BeerMeFitz

BeerMeFitz Savant (330) Illinois Oct 24, 2011

We have had a lot of people asking about any updates. We are gonna push for June 16th and it will be in Chicago at Montrose Harbor in the Lake front Park Area. It may only be about 30-50 people but what a great place to share beer and enjoy the amazing views of the city. There are bathrooms close by and you can bbq. If we run out of beer there is a beach front bar "The Dock at Montrose Beach" 500 ft from us so if need be we can wrap up the night on their outside deck. http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-dock-at-montrose-beach-chicago-2

So.. I know you gotta start somewhere so even if me and 20 people show up and share amazing beers I will deem it a success. Then next years will be bigger and then bigger etc... Our goal is to enjoy great beers with great people!
    If you want to attend send me a message with your email and I will add you to our list and you will get our updates. If you want to help out, set up, bbq etc.. let me know..Thanks and Cheers! Fitz

6. I'm definitely down as that location is beyond easy for me to reach, however:
    Being "showy" with bottles is a BAD idea on the Lakefront!
    If anyone expects to have a table (or tables) covered with empties for photo-ops sake I highly suggest you reconsider.

7. I'm sure my friend and I would be 100% down for this. I have a lot of love for Montrose Harbor and we could feasibly take public transportation (or cab it) from there.

8. How many people are we really looking at? My property holds 100 drunks easily... Im between flossmoor stn and 3 floyds

9. I'm in... i will have Dark Lord to trade... anyone have a King Henry or 2 they would trade for a dark lord?

10. Hmmm what to bring, what to bring. Either date sounds good at this point, and I should be bringing several friends with some tasty brews. I may be talked into bringing a King Henry since someone requested, but it would be to share and drink, not to trade.

FievelGoesWest likes this.
  11. BeerMeFitz

My friends "police" that area so we will be safe and no harm will come to our bottles.

MarkIntihar likes this.
  12. I think you misunderstood my statement.
    Cops arent big on public consumption and they hate glass on / near the beach even more.

13. BeerMeFitz

I know what ya meant and my "dougnut eating bad guy catching" buddies said we are good

14. BeerMeFitz

After much consideration and many emails regarding the original date of the beer share.. June 16th ...we will be changing it to June 23rd. Many people were going to the Cubs vs Red Sox at wrigley that day. Also June 9th is the Brad paisley concert at wrigley and kinda messed up things. We are either having it a Montrose Beach/Park or somewhere near there. If to many people are worried about police at the beach we may move it to my buddies place in Wrigleyville. He has two backyards and plenty of room but I think we will be fine at the Montrose Beach front park. Cheers!

15. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (715) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

1) Get something revolution if you can. They're just so fantastic!
    2) What are you looking for people to bring. I'm probably down since ill be back in Chitown all summer.

16. jegross2

Vav, if you are in, what kind of beer do you like most? I still owe ya for the hook up for my GF's bday.

17. Vav

Vav Savant (495) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

You owe me nothing :)

18. TotallyHosed

TotallyHosed Savant (340) Illinois Jun 20, 2009

Good question, jegross2. I'm slapping together an external web forum for all of us to list what we're planning to bring. My thinking is that this will prevent us from having a 10:1 ratio of King Henry to all other bottles. ;)

But seriously, earlier BeerMeFitz had asked for your email address if you have an interest in this event. Beyond general communication regarding the event, we're going to use your respective email address to verify your registration on the external web forum. Besides listing what you're planning to bring (bottles, grills, food, etc.), feel free to use the forum to setup IP trades and such.

When the site is ready (within a week), I'll be providing the URL to the site via email. If you haven't done so already, BM your email address to BeerMeFitz.

Cheers!

19. jegross2

It's near me actually! HA

20. BeerMeFitz

I was talking to a fellow BA at Binny's in Skokie and he told me that there used to be a monthly beer share at Goose Island for Local BA members but it stopped after it got to big due to CBS also being there. Soooo, on June 23rd at our 1st "Beer Lovers Beer Share" we can organize and start back up the monthly local BA members beer share. We can make it a travelling beer share changing locations as the seasons change to really get out and enjoy this great city. A manager from Revolution sent me an email in regards to wanting to be part of the event which is awesome since I love their beer! I have received 20-30 emails from fellow BAs who are interested so it should be a good show. My goal is to have a beer share every month on a set day like a last Wed of every month or what ever we all come up with on the 23rd. I love sharing beers with people and I know this is gonna turn into something amazing!!
    If you don't already know Totallyhosed and I are organizing this event and it will be our first. Any questions or if you want to be part of this send us your email. Cheers! Fitz

ravot likes this.
  21. ravot

ravot Savant (460) Illinois Mar 20, 2012

monthly meets would be awesome man. thanks for making it happen. have there been emails sent based on this? i thought i sent you a PM with my email. but i'll do it now just in case...

22. BeerMeFitz

Email will be sent soon, Sorry but I went out East to grab some good beers for the share and been really busy moving. Cheers for Beers! Fitz

23. ravot

I went to the west coast just last week and brought back russian river goodies.

Fitz, any chance your plates have the word Fitz? i thought i saw a car with that, at a beer event during CCBW at whole foods.

sigh, the 23rd will probably not work for me. i'm pretty sure it's my sisters bridal shower. doh.
    but let me know what date you come up with, for monthly tastings.

24. TotallyHosed

Email has been sent with all the final details, so check your inbox.

Cheers!

25. Vav

Vav Savant (495) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

I cant do the 23rd, i work Saturdays. Have fun guys.

26. BeerMeFitz

Ok everyone, the email has been sent out with the new location and time for the "Chicago beer lovers beer share" on June23rd. If you can come send me your email for those just reading this for the 1st time. We set up a sight to check into and list what we are all bringing so we don't tripple up. Cheers!

27. This makes me wish I still lived in Chicago. Hope this is happening next summer when I move back.

28. BeerMeFitz

This will be the 1st of many to come. Cheers!

ObeMaltKinobee likes this.
  29. ravot

I signed up, but i can't make it. I need to attend an event with the lady. boo.

30. BeerMeFitz

Ok, some people were worried that the park district was gonna break up our party a Montrose beach so my Extremely Generous friends at Heineman Bar co. have allowed us to have the 1st inaugural "Beer Lovers Beer Share" (BLBS) at their place.
    2925 W. Montrose Henieman Bar co. at 3pm
    Check in at our website and post what you're bringing so we dont double up and this will allow us to know how many BAs to expect
    http://urteaga.net/vanilla/discussions
    Cheers!

31. dlello2

dlello2 Savant (370) Illinois Nov 11, 2011

Looking forward to this tomorrow... Anyone bringing this year's parabola? Im bringing last year's and am wondering how they'd compare.

32. moefriedman

moefriedman Savant (270) Illinois Feb 15, 2012

I'll bring a 2012 Parabola

dlello2 and ravot like this.
  33. dlello2

dlello2 Savant (370) Illinois Nov 11, 2011

Currently a CBS open, a few cisco sours, Ba plum klaus... Maybe 15 or 20 people here. Awesome time Chicagoans. We will be here for a few hours yet so get here for some goods. Cheers!

ravot and raymo55 like this.
  34. jegross2

It was great to meet you all...a really fun event. Can't wait till next time! Just got a CFH in the Mail today apparently, so if I don't drink it by then.....

Otherwise I'll bring a bond flick and some darklord

35. jegross2

You gotta come next time. Cool peeps galore, and I don't give two shits what you say, i still owe ya! GF loved the crispin present and thanks again for the cider recommendation for her too!

36. BeerMeFitz

Amazing time tonight... so many great BAs! We are planning on doing this every two months so keep your eye out Chicago BAs. C ya in August ...Cheers! Fitz

ObeMaltKinobee, ravot and dlello2 like this.
  37. jegross2

Awesome! Just don't do it lollapalooza or GToM weekend ;)

38. TotallyHosed

Great people + awesome brews = excellent time. Thanks everyone for sharing. I'm posting pictures tonight, including our bottle lineup.

BeerMeFitz and robbiemoy13 like this.
  39. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Savant (325) Illinois Dec 31, 2010

disappointed I couldn't make this one. looking forward to the next one though.

ravot likes this.
  40. The22Lou

The22Lou Aficionado (200) Oregon Jun 1, 2011

I had a great time, until august fellow advocates!