Chuckanut Baltic Porter

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by beertunes, Mar 1, 2013.

1. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,130) Washington Sep 24, 2007

I had this beer during the open house last week, and it looks like it's almost ready for release. That's the good news. The bad is that there are only about 8 kegs of it. Maybe 1 or 2 kegs outside the brewery, probably in Bham area bars. I wouldn't make a trip just for it, but if you're hitting Baker for some sliding, heading to or from Vancouver, or just need an excuse to get out for a day trip, it's worth calling the brewery and seeing if they are pouring it yet. If it sells quickly, maybe we can convince them to make more, for wider distro.

NWer likes this.
  2. NWer

NWer Advocate (660) Washington Mar 10, 2009

Very tempting. I was just up to Bow yesterday. Not much farther.

3. beertunes

And, generally, they're not shy about filling growlers of these limiteds either. I'm not say with any certainty that they will, but based on past behavior...

Didja hit up Breadfarm and Slough Food?

4. NWer

Wednesday: Breadfarm and Farm to Market in Edison, then Rhododendron Cafe for lunch then North Sound Brewery for a beer and growler fill, Wells Nursery in Mount Vernon.
    Thursday: back to Breadfarm and Farm to Market and pick up a tree at Wells Nursery.
    Friday: drink growler filled at North Sound - well, most of it anyway :)

beertunes likes this.
  5. beertunes

Make sure you check out that little Bakery across from The Edison Inn. Major-league baked goods.

6. NWer

Yes. Farm to Market. Done :)

7. distantmantra and beertunes like this.
  8. beertunes

Nice! I was talking with the brewer last night at another event here in town, and he wasn't sure if any was getting out. IMHO, this is a must try. Theyhave a liter night at the brewery every Friday, and when this beer is put, I'm getting a damn liter for myself, and I ain't sharing a drop!:mad:

9. Want.

Anyone else notice that Uber had PtY on their "On Deck" list a couple weekends ago? They listed the brewers as Fuckhead Brewery. The guy working the bar was NOT happy about the hoops they had to jump through to get PtE and PtY before we got cut off.

10. beertunes

Well, it was on tap at the Green Frog here in B'ham last night. Yes, I had several. Smooth, a slight bit of roast at the finish, very even and well balanced. Great job Cnut!

11. NWer

You convinced me Terry. Hope I get some. Hanging out at Urban Family in Ballard today enjoying their very sessionable and tasty lineup. Highly recommend.

12. Thanks for the heads up on this. Looks like it is tapped now....I see a Sunday afternoon Uber trip in my plans for tomorrow.

13. beertunes

I'll be entering my review on NBS later today. Had more last night, and I'm just loving this brew.

14. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

Wait a minute, so they currently have a keg of Younger in their possession? I've had it once before, and was underwhelmed, but I'd love to try it again. I won't die if I don't get it, Boneyard Notorious was much better and easier to come by, but still, I'd love to try PtY again.

beertunes likes this.
  15. beertunes

I'm just finishing up another, and man, this beer is terrible! It's awful. The worst drainpour in the history of drainpours. Worse even the Rogue Pink Death. Save yourselves the trouble, ship it all back to Bham, and we'll make sure it gets properly disposed of. I'm just here to help.

16. Read my post again. Did you see who brewed it? Fuckhead Brewing.

It's a joke. They were just fucking with people.

beertunes and bifrost17 like this.
  17. Kopfschuss

Kopfschuss Advocate (550) Oregon Aug 19, 2009

I misread that...

beertunes likes this.
  18. Lazerlobe

Lazerlobe Savant (305) Washington Mar 1, 2010

I just had a pour at Uber and it is quite nice. Thanks for the suggestion Terry!

19. LOL, I love Uber so much.

distantmantra and beertunes like this.
  20. John_M

John_M Moderator (1,110) Oregon Oct 25, 2003 Staff Member

Grrrrr.... oh well, four more weeks and I'll no longer have to just sit back, crunching my back molars in envy when I see a post like this.

beertunes likes this.
  21. CaptainQ

CaptainQ Savant (305) Washington Feb 17, 2013

I stopped by Uber last night and sampled the Chuckanut Baltic Porter as well as Cascade's Porter and Schooner Exact's Bourbon Barrel Porter. It was great to compare all three. The Chuckanut beer was very tasty, solid effort.

22. beertunes

The response to this beer (and it's STILL not on tap at the brewery) has been so good, that they are going to brew it again, in time to submit it for GABF judging. I'm doing my part to diminish the current batch.

23. Kopfschuss

Kopfschuss Advocate (550) Oregon Aug 19, 2009

Save me a growler of this beast. I really, and I mean really, wish they would re-brew the Strong Bock that was available during their opening. Changed my life...