1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Churchill's Anniversary

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by HopsintheSack, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What time is best to get there. The event details say tickets are handed out at 8am, but do people camp out and what not?

Also what the price each, the events says its a cash only, but doesn't mention the price.

2. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

Craft Beer 2013 says shit show to me. Usually $25 each.

3. Show up around 12pm when the doors open you will be fine ;)

4. Quite a few people set up tents the night before and sleep over. If you want to guarantee yourself bottles, you'd probably better do so too.

5. Wow...I'm not sure it's good enough to sleep there. The tap list will be good enough to still go there though.

woodchopper likes this.
  6. Set up tents??? LOL! I hope you are kidding. I have never seen a tent there and would also be very interested to see where a tent would go in that small parking lot.

7. redmagik99

redmagik99 Savant (305) California May 15, 2007

tickets for what?

8. evilc

I'm here now......anyone up for some cuddles? It's cold...no homo....

9. Right next to those dumpsters.

10. Hey...I put my chairs next to those dumpsters.

11. What is Craft Beer 2013?

12. evilc

Every event, everywhere, is a clusterfuck.

13. A dozen posts in and not a single straight answer yet.

Last year, first dozen folks were in line between 4-5 am. About 250 bottles sold with a two bottle limit @ $25 each. Not sure about the cut-off time because I was close to the front. Tickets were handed out about 8 am to prevent line-cutting. Everyone was mellow - had toss games on the side and subtle bottle sharing (not allowed by the authoritays and police were present intermittently, especially before the opening). Chill event.

Tap list was so good, I almost didn't care about the CFH.

ILikeGoodCider and HopsintheSack like this.
  14. HopHead84

HopHead84 Champion (760) California Nov 29, 2006

Sounds like 2012

mrkrispy likes this.
  15. evilc

walez bro

16. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

I believe the 250 bottles were 2011 (Actually I believe it was 180 bottles). 2012 had more, and actually lasted "longer"? I got there around 7am, I was within the first 40ish people. I had a friend show up around 9am and he still got bottles. IIRC they sold 350-400 bottles last year to the public. In 2011 I got there around 9-9:30 and got shut out. Though in 2011 there was some line swelling in the front around 10:30am, right before they handed out tickets, which is why they handed out tickets earlier last year.

So, yes you have to get there early, probably not at 5am, but before 10am would be best. If I had to guess, I would say they are probably making more this year, but still probably not enough to stroll up at noon and get a bottle.

17. HopHead84

They blended the same number of barrels as last year.

nanobrew likes this.
  18. evilc

I'm bringing mules from 10 different Home Depots and Lowes'. We are showing up at midnight. You're all fucked. No bottles for you.

19. So Dan you won't mind selling/ trading a bottle or two of CFH then right? ;)

Sorry I won't be able to make the trip this year, maybe next year. Hope you all have a great time. In effort to keep a verticle going I would trade a 2012 bottle for a 2013 if anyone wants to do the same.

JustXBeer likes this.
  20. There were no tents last year. I got there a little after 5:30 and was around 12-15th in line (somehow ended up 19th into the place, stupid line jumpers). First person was there a little before 4:00 if I remember what he said correctly.

21. Hey Derek - traded both my CFHs last year, figuring I could drink them in-pub at Churchill's. Big mistake. My fists will be clutching those two bottles tight this year as I assume the classic 'one for the cellar, one for a special occasion' position. Sorry you can't make it out this year...

22. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

drinking them this year at the bar has proven to be difficult, I blame the local Padre fans.

Sebowski likes this.
  23. AndresR

AndresR Savant (250) California Jul 19, 2009

Curious if any folks are concerned for this year's batch of CFH, considering the recent LA/Port bottle infection reports?

tjensen3618 likes this.
  24. evilc

No. They microtest every barrel. No infections, ever. If there is one - it's the retailers fault.

25. Maybe the chlorine flavor in the 2012 Cable Car was a disinfectant.

26. No.

27. Sebowski

Sebowski Savant (295) California Jan 11, 2010

We'll just call it Churchill's Finest Sour Batch 2.

kojevergas likes this.
  28. jp7161

jp7161 Savant (335) California Dec 22, 2011

Rookie. I got my mules from Big Lots and ill be there at 11:00. How you like dem apples

JustXBeer likes this.
  29. evilc

Mine will wage a gang war with them prior to the event!

KaslD likes this.
  30. When you trade your bottles before getting them, it don't matter...

tyrsis, AndresR, SageO and 2 others like this.
  31. salzar

salzar Initiate (0) California Dec 27, 2008

I have had my mules infiltrating Churchills for the last year. My plan is to heist all the bottles Ocean's eleven style.

32. Hopefully they didn't use the same bottling equipment for CFH and the infected Deliverance and Angel's Share. It would be a shame if CFH was infected again.

33. jbravato

jbravato Zealot (75) Pennsylvania Nov 11, 2010

desperately seeking CFH if anyone is interested in trading check my gots please!

34. HopHead84

Don't worry. This is San Diego. I'm sure plenty of people will pretrade their two bottles before trying it.

35. kmatlack

kmatlack Savant (340) California Mar 29, 2010

You pull some shit like that and I'll call INS/Border Patrol so fast it will make your head spin.

The last thing we need is a turf war between your "mules" and JP's "mules" outside of Churchill's. The parking lot is too small. If it was bigger, that would be a different story...

36. West Side Story?

Beerandraiderfan and kmatlack like this.
  37. This is the quote of the year so far for me on BA.

38. kmatlack

kmatlack Savant (340) California Mar 29, 2010

Eh. More or less.

Less singing, more violence.

Beerandraiderfan likes this.
  39. But just as much snapping

40. jp7161

jp7161 Savant (335) California Dec 22, 2011

My mules will kick your mules' asses.

Beerandraiderfan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.