1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Churchill's Anniversary

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by HopsintheSack, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strange twist on the Keyboard Warrior persona - Keyboard Warriors wiith donkeys.
  2. jp7161

jp7161 Savant (335) California Dec 22, 2011

This is 2013. This is how the Internet tough guy thing works now.
  3. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

4. Hey uh, what date does this go down?

As a side note, call INS, hilarious. They haven't enforced Article IV, Section 4 of the Constitution for decades, they aren't going to start over CFH.
    evilc likes this.
  5. jp7161

jp7161 Savant (335) California Dec 22, 2011

no comeback for that. If i could photo shop I would add a few bottles of CFH, but alas I have no such skills so I am done now. Looks like your mules are better than my mules so now I am going to have to just nuke the whole place so no one gets any bottles.
    evilc likes this.
  6. If I just want to go and drink beer at Renaissance, and not camp out for hours with you proles and your mules to get bottles, at what time do I have to show up?
    redmagik99 likes this.
  7. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (360) California Mar 13, 2009

I went last year at 5 or 6 I think. Sat down and drank.
    pmarlowe likes this.
  8. I'm hoping to do the same - already planning to head down to get my last 2 Alesmith orders that day so why not stop by on the way back up? With the tap list they just posted I gotta imagine most of that stuff will last most of the day...
  9. evilc

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure .
    jp7161 likes this.
  10. redmagik99

redmagik99 Savant (305) California May 15, 2007

I don't know how the crowds at Renaissance compare to Sour Fest, but I walked into Sour Fest this year at 2 or 3 with no lines and nothing had kicked.
  11. evilc

Sour Fest is at Stone, this is at a tiny pub.
  12. redmagik99

redmagik99 Savant (305) California May 15, 2007

Ok, I meant whatever sour event occurred at Churchill's last Aug or Sept
  13. evilc

Oh that.. that was fun. Cascade was awesome. To go bottles of CFH are what blow this event up.
  14. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

while the bottle sale does cause the event to be packed, the beer list is also a cause. I think I left around 4pm last year and there was still a line to get in, as one person left, one could get in. As tyrsis said, around 5 or 6 was probably when you could walk in no problem.
  15. ryno09

ryno09 Savant (285) California May 1, 2010

No wait if you are within the first 200-250 people. Which meant 8-8:30am last year.
  16. aztec87

aztec87 Zealot (95) California Aug 30, 2012

any idea if they will offer 4oz pours of the draft list like at the sour fest?
  17. I see no reason why not. It's what they did last year too. Ticking time.
    ehammond1 likes this.
  18. Did the other thread get deleted???
  19. No1Smitty

No1Smitty Savant (385) California Nov 7, 2011

What is going to be everyone's first tap beer? That list is crazy ! What will be your first order?
  20. Was thinking of starting with the three year vertical of CFH on draft then something hoppy afterwards like Bad Boy.
    HopsintheSack likes this.
  21. No1Smitty

I was thinking about that vertical as well. One things for sure. I wouldn't even mention the words Pliny the Younger with everything else they have. My god.
    grandmachine likes this.
  22. Nothing wrong getting Pliny the Younger if you haven't tried it yet this year, but there are about 6 other hoppy beers on there I would get before especially some of the anniversary ones local breweries did for this event.
    No1Smitty and HopsintheSack like this.
  23. One of everything please...
    ehammond1, ryno09 and No1Smitty like this.
  24. Church Vert (including finest sour) followed by some Younger and Churchill X IPA
    JustXBeer, smarcoly and ehammond1 like this.
  25. Younger will be first up only because I was sick during all the releases earlier this month. Then definitely Church Vert. GF will be ordering all the sours so I'm covered there. :)
  26. There's about 8 beers that I really want to try and about 24 other beers that I wouldn't mind having.

I might do a Church Vert first, then jump into PtY. Possibly do the BA Speedway stout and some Abyss afterwards.

What size is the pour and how much is it per pour?
  27. Each pour is very different, size and $ wise.
  28. If your doing the CFH vert.....do you go older to newer or newer to older?
    StarRaptor likes this.
  29. You mélange them
  30. Newer >>> Older
  31. I plan on doing new to old to taste it fresh and gradually see how they have aged. Plus as StarRaptor said, I will have a seperate empy tasting glass to blend all three together afterwards.
  32. I am at work right now at cant wait till this Saturday. This has been my favorite event since I moved to SD 3 years ago. Just love bumping into friends and people who I have not seen in awhile. Ivan and his crew always do such a great job of keeping everything under control. Cant wait tio see everyone there.
    ryno09 likes this.
  33. No1Smitty

This approach sounds great ! Report back on the blend.
    beachstrength49 likes this.
  34. For those of you going for the first time this year, you might want to order PTY early as it was one of the first kegs that kicked last year (along with 120 Minute surprisingly).
  35. Ya sorry for that. I drank most of that keg :)
  36. ehammond1

ehammond1 Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2008

It's a unique beer/blend every year, just FYI.
  37. Didn't know that, thanks.
  38. They have an updated list? I saw the one on the site posted in the 20th... Any more recent?
  39. HopHead84

HopHead84 Champion (760) California Nov 29, 2006

The updated list is on the event's page of BA.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.