1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Churchill's Anniversary

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by HopsintheSack, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. and then you create the SNB Brewing Blend on Untappd and tick it.
    MarkIntihar, ehammond1 and StarRaptor like this.
  2. You know it!
    ehammond1 likes this.
  3. The OC SBS crew will be in full effect at this event. I also believe the major constituents of the So Cal GangBang crew will also be present (sans Foster :( ). Reunions are fun.
  4. xraided81

xraided81 Savant (295) California Jan 9, 2008

Anyone that's a CFH regular know if any of the anniversary taps still pouring?
  5. Pecan

Pecan Savant (410) California Dec 20, 2012

Most taps from the event were still pouring as of last night. Finest Hour and Finest Sour draft were gone. Still had the chance to buy bottles and drink them there. I don't recall what else was out, but I do know they made it sound like there weren't too many bottles of FH for sale.
  6. No1Smitty

No1Smitty Savant (385) California Nov 7, 2011

Anyone have anything to report of the tap vert? Still interested.
  7. Pecan

Bottle 13 vs 11 is all I can do for you. Couldn't convince a third to join us and buy the 12, sadly.

13 > 11 imo. The 13 was super boozy and very bourbon forward, but mouthfeel and carbonation were what I would expect. The 11 seemed smoother all the way through, distributing the bourbon flavor more, but seemed to catch more of an oak taste than a bourbon taste. The 11 also seemed overcarbonated which diminished the mouthfeel. Both were still incredible, just some supernitpicky commentary from chatting with a friend about it.
  8. Is BR Churchill X still going? 13>12>11. 12 had the least lively carbonation, but was still tasting great.
  9. Pecan

X was still on Monday night.
  10. Draft on Saturday, it seemed people were torn between 12 and 13, with 11 trailing behind. I think 12 had the best flavors, but 13 had a better mouthfeel.

Bottles side by side last night, I would give it to 13 on both flavor and mouthfeel.

Overall ill take 13 any day of the week!
    Pecan likes this.
  11. I talked to Ivan about X on Saturday and he said they had 7 or 8 kegs of it. They will have it for a while. Loved that beer!

IMHO, the 12 CFH is insanely good and tasted better than the 11 & 13. Did the Vert on Saturday. 13 was better than 11 and I didnt think it was too boozy, just "fresh" if you will. I think 12 tasted better upon release last year than 13 does this year. Both fantastic though.
  12. Pecan

Damn it, now I'm going to have to make another trip and try the 12.
  13. You may want to get on it, it think they are only having 2012s available for a limited time. FYI.
    JustXBeer and ehammond1 like this.
  14. JustXBeer

JustXBeer Savant (265) California Nov 29, 2012

depends on the the time @5:30am
    [​IMG]
    jp7161 likes this.
  15. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

Is that a stealth shot of some homeless people?
    HopHead84 and jp7161 like this.
  16. Retsinis

Retsinis Advocate (520) California Sep 25, 2009

Man, I was at least 100 yards, or more, from that awning at 5:45 a.m. Rough morning. All well, got a bottle for onsite later that day, great weekend, but didn't go to plan. Glad I went to the best damn bottle shop's barrel aged beer event, and swung back around to Churchills at 10 p.m. Worked out, just no bottles, drafts of CFH, or PTY, otherwise, most was still on 10. Still, that line was insane.
  17. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

How about father & son/daughter time...in line for a beer release at a bar at 6am

[​IMG]
  18. SageO

SageO Savant (360) California Jul 13, 2010

19. The line this year was a bit crazy. Last year at 4:30am I was 15th or so in line. This year at 4:30am I was about 130th in line. I still had a great time. It just makes me wonder what time I will have to be there next year and I do not even live that far away like some others.
  20. JustXBeer

This was taken at 6:30am

[​IMG]
  21. Patrick

Do all those people live in that trailer home in the background?
    domtronzero likes this.
  22. Thank God for that trailer. The sun would have killed me it that trailer was not sharing the shade with us.
    nanobrew, domtronzero and JustXBeer like this.
  23. JustXBeer

Taken at 10:30 am
    [​IMG]
  24. There I am hiding behind the tree in the shade again. Damn that sun!!!! I will get you one day!!!!
  25. jmgrub

jmgrub Savant (435) California Nov 20, 2010

Dang. I was like 3 people to the right of this picture. I talked to the baby-said he was already up at 5:30 and dragged his parents to the release. Was super pissed he didn't get bottles, and all he wanted by the time he got into the bar at 3 PM was a little breast milk.
  26. Those poor refugees
    Wowcoolman likes this.
  27. Skidrow bro...
  28. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

damn what a bunch of losers just playing on their phones...including me :(
  29. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

I can't stand seeing that, so sad. Bunch of like minded people are together, in person, and they want to stare at their phones and fuck around on Facebook or text someone. Removing Facebook and other "I have no social skills" apps from your phone is a life changer.
    domtronzero likes this.
  30. Patrick

I have a hard time not getting angry reading this while it's been cold, cloudy, and snowy up here.
    BrianTheBrewer30 likes this.
  31. I was actually on my phone laughing at all your crazy posts on BA that day while you were not even there :)
    domtronzero and Patrick like this.
  32. evilc

In the evening then? I was gone all day.
  33. evilc

I was pretty shithouse that evening. KH, CR, Silva Stout, Exponential, forget what else.
    BrianTheBrewer30 and Patrick like this.
  34. Must have been another guy named evilc.
  35. evilc

Apparently there are a few of us!
  36. ehammond1

ehammond1 Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2008

Great photo. Terrific centerpiece. Incredible lighting. Does he model for Abercrombie? If I could just see him with his shirt off. Wait...yup, fully torqued.
  37. Patrick

I can't tell who the centerpiece is, unless you are talking about the trailer.
  38. evilc

The dude holding a beer bottle like a dong.
  39. Patrick

Is that Overlord? Looks like he could lift 8 plates.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.