1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Cigar City Beers Shipping North?

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by hornsup, Jan 7, 2013.

1. hornsup

hornsup Savant (340) Virginia Nov 29, 2012

Anyone got an idea when CCB is planning to ship their brews a little more northward? Say to the VA area....They pump out too many quality brews to be so selfish and keep them for the state of Florida

2. shuajw

shuajw Savant (495) Georgia Aug 12, 2007

Get in line, Georgia is still waiting to get some! :)

3. When there comes a time that they can keep any of it on the shelves outside just the Tampa area in FL, I'm sure they'll ship out. Until then, they need to send more beer to Stuart, FL.

4. Finatic

Finatic Savant (300) Florida Jan 16, 2011

According to Joey and the guys, not any time soon. They can barely service FL let alone start to expand out of state.

Just my .02

dachshunddude86 likes this.
  5. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

The good news is that I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to swap Hardywood and Williamsburg Alewerks for CCB.

6. nc41

nc41 Advocate (745) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

Leuken Liquors ships beer, I'm waiting on some Jai Alai and White Oak right now, shipping is also very reasonable.

dachshunddude86 likes this.
  7. jamvt

jamvt Savant (490) Massachusetts Aug 5, 2005

they're now available in vermont. really can't get much further north than that considering you can now find them 40 miles south of the canadian border.

8. Jredner

Jredner Advocate (530) Florida Dec 13, 2005

That is true. But, it was just two pallets and we literally only sent it so we could have some Hill Farmstead in swap. It was basically a really big beer trade, but with more paperwork. I threw out an ISO and Shaun hooked me up.

9. actually, CCB was shipping to VA, although i think this was limited to the central part of the state where Brown distributes.* haven't seen anything new in a while, but there might still be some Maduro Brown or infected Guava Grove kicking around.

*Brown originated in Richmond, but is now based in Florida, that's the only reason we got any. i talked to a dude that works there and Finatic is correct about their supply vs demand.

Eriktheipaman likes this.
  10. jamvt

jamvt Savant (490) Massachusetts Aug 5, 2005

I was aware of that. I will be more "tong in cheeky" in future posts. any good extras?

11. Im intrigued by infected Guava Grove. How was it infected? Guava Grove with funky sour notes could be quite amazing.

Nicolay3535 likes this.
  12. I think i had one. It tasted like a lambic.

13. ISO: Infected Guava Grove

14. check my review. I could be wrong.

15. there was a batch from two or three years ago (old brown/gold labels) that turned into something incredibly tart and delicious, but the stuff from late 2011 (green and pink label) gushed everywhere and didn't benefit from whatever was wrong with it. they're gone now, but one Total Wine in Richmond still had bottles a month ago.

danoeltico likes this.
  16. brewbetter

brewbetter Savant (400) Nauru Jun 2, 2012

NY and Philly get Jai Alai every now and then...

CanConPhilly likes this.
  17. True thing.

[​IMG]

kojevergas likes this.
  18. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

Have a little fridge with your Jai Alai!

CanConPhilly likes this.
  19. Yeah, CC can barely keep up with demand within their own city/state. It's really too bad, b/c Charlotte (and NC) would LOVE to have them! We would treat you well.

20. I've seen CC at 5 Points Bottle Shop in Athens GA.

21. That is because a ton of people in Florido are shipping it all over the country!

22. We gotta have something to trade ;)

danoeltico likes this.
  23. hornsup

You always will. One word.....Hunahpu.

dachshunddude86 and danoeltico like this.
  24. I like to be able to trade on a more frequent basis then that is released. I also love being able to send jai alai as an extra, especially now that it comes in cans.

brewbetter likes this.
  25. We'd love to be able to have them in SC! Anything I have had from the brewery has been really delicious

26. ncaudle

ncaudle Advocate (610) Virginia May 28, 2010

I think VAs next expected shipment is in march/april.
    funkybottoms, the Guava Grove we got last year wasn't the infected one

27. hornsup

Have white oak aged jai alai in the mail headed my way as of yesterday.... :bartscott:.....same pal is sending a bottle of Hunahpu in March

Bluecane and dachshunddude86 like this.