1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Cigar City Bottles for sale now at brewery?

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by jraras, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Buddy of mine is in Tampa for Yankees spring training / bach party and I want him to send me back some large format non-hoppy bottles of Cigar City. Can anyone tell me what's been for sale the last couple days? I've searched their website, FB, twitter and BA w/o much luck -- then again it's possible I'm dense (drinking does kill brain cells).

Thanks in advance for any info on bottles for sale at CCB or at close by bottle shops that would be worthy.

Jim

2. madnismo

madnismo Savant (340) Florida Jan 30, 2011

I think I saw Bolita, Ghost stories and the Evander brown ale.

3. 7clutch

7clutch Savant (255) Florida Sep 14, 2012

They put more Ghost Stories in the cooler? I know the few remaining bottles from 2 weeks ago were gone last Thurs. when I went to the Angry Chair event.

4. tugg407

tugg407 Savant (250) Florida Oct 16, 2010

I'd go with a 6/pk of Maduro or Hotter than Helles cans

5. I would be shocked if local total wines were sold out of ghost stories

6. Really? Skip jai alai? I will argue that jai alai is the beer that put cigar city on the map and for good reason.

7. Thanks all! Much appreciated. I imagine Big Sound is long gone everywhere, right?

I love Jai Alai - just trying to go with large format and non-hoppy beers for ease of transport/shipping--my buddy isn't a beer guy, trying to make it easy for him. But I haven't had Hotter than Helles...

8. 7clutch

Ah, my bad--I just glanced over his post and missed the "close by bottle shops" part. Well hopefully the OP gets some then!

dachshunddude86 likes this.
  9. Oh I didn't mean to argue with you. I had heard that CCB sold out. They may have put more out, but usually they sell out of those type of releases (see moat water) before the local stores do.

10. Go to Luekens in Dunedin. They usually have a big selection of CC stuff sitting around.

donttazemebro and injuredreserve like this.
  11. 7clutch

Nah, you're probably right that there's some floating around. I just hadn't paid attention to his post and assumed his friend was only going to CCB (which is a dopey assumption being that there's a total wine within walking distance haha).

OP, might also want your friend to check out the Whole Foods right by CCB. I don't know which releases they get but Dachshunddude's post reminded me that I have seen some stuff hang around there even longer than at the nearby Total Wine.

12. If your buddy is near the tigers spring training in lakeland, check out Tucker's south side package on S Florida Ave. they had quite a few cases of big sound still available.

13. Luekens still had Marshal Zhukov last Sunday... Probably the only beer store in the state that isn't some small out of the way store that no one knows about.

stoutpirate likes this.
  14. gjoker321

gjoker321 Savant (455) Florida Dec 26, 2007

There is an ABC on Kennedy that often has some one off's that hang around for awhile also (3015 W Kennedy Blvd, Tampa, FL 33609). You can always call them to find out also ((813) 876-5330). Good luck!

15. badboy7113

badboy7113 Savant (370) Florida Jan 19, 2011

Not anymore...got bought out by all the people that came for huna day. Was the yesterday, and beside Evander, bolita and aude alliance they didnt have much.

16. shand

shand Advocate (645) Florida Jul 13, 2010

Wow, they still have Auld Alliance? I can't help but wonder how that tastes now.

17. BigGene

BigGene Initiate (0) Florida Oct 30, 2010

Was at CCB today, all they have is sixers of Tocabago and the SubTropical Farmhouse, collab with 7th sun and Dunedin.

They did have Cafe con leche sweet stout on draft. Unbelievable.

Penguin3200 likes this.
  18. cyrushire

cyrushire Advocate (620) Florida May 25, 2012

I had one 3 nights ago. It was pretty awesome.

19. Even better... White Oak! this stuff is awesome and best out of the bottle imo. You could prob. still pick some up at any liquor store in tampa, but not for long. CCB prob has some in stock as well but you'd prob. have better luck picking up nice CCB bottles from other locations since this place has gained so much popularity in the past year and a half or so.

kpanter likes this.
  20. GameFreac

GameFreac Savant (410) Georgia Apr 8, 2011

Yeah White Oak is in my top 5 IPAs ever. Should have gotten the other 4 pack instead of just one.

21. What's the best place near West Palm Beach to get Cigar City?

22. mobius387

mobius387 Savant (385) Florida Dec 5, 2010

any updates on bottles for sale? visiting this weekend, thanks!

23. Ravenacht

Ravenacht Advocate (510) Florida Aug 10, 2012

In the coolers today:

Improv 750ml
    Jose Marti 4packs
    Jai Alai 6 packs
    Maduro 6 packs
    Florida Cracker 6 packs
    Hotter Than Helles 6 packs

24. Can anyone give me an update on whats there now? In sarasota for the weekend, may swing by the CCB Brewery if they have some interesting things in the cooler. The website only lists their on tap beers.

25. Ravenacht

As of last night......
    Improv 750ml

Jai Alai 6 packs
    Maduro 6 packs
    Florida Cracker 6 packs
    Hotter Than Helles 6 packs

26. Thanks a lot for the response. Saved me the drive! 45 min is not worth it for Improv alone. Thanks again.

27. BKnarr

BKnarr Aficionado (235) Florida Sep 5, 2012

If you're in Sarasota the ABC on Bee Ridge had Evander, Cubano Espresso, and the regulars as of 5pm this evening.

28. Ravenacht

Anytime. Cheers!

29. badboy7113

badboy7113 Savant (370) Florida Jan 19, 2011

You forgot tropical heatwave cans were in the cooler too. Was there yesterday afternoon.

30. Ravenacht

Well they are unfortunately a "forgettable " beer imo, but yes I did forget them.

31. gunhaver

gunhaver Savant (455) Florida May 27, 2007

you also forgot Jose and Tocobaga...

32. can anyone give me an update on what is at CCB for sale? I am stopping by tomorrow as I just landed in Tampa

bottles and cans that is.. Do they have any Jai Alai and Guava Grove? Any specials?

33. wiltznucs

wiltznucs Savant (450) Florida Jun 27, 2013

At the brewery this past Saturday I saw Cucumber Saison, Patio Pils, Tocobaga and the Beer Bus brews in addition to the canned regulars. I did see Jose Marti in bottles at the brewpub...

34. Canned regulars means Jai Alai? anything else that is canned that I should pick up that is good??

35. cyrushire

cyrushire Advocate (620) Florida May 25, 2012

helles is super tasty fresh

gjoker321 and Arsenal0328 like this.
  36. Lasering

Lasering Savant (375) Florida Mar 19, 2013

Maduro!

Arsenal0328 likes this.
  37. syppr

syppr Aficionado (170) Florida May 19, 2011

I'm finding that each time I imbibe a Florida Cracker, the more I enjoy the brew. Seems to match well with the Florida summer. Still, though, I am hanging onto the attitude that wheat should be used to make bread and bran flakes. OK, maybe a little beer, too. In the can, of course.

38. TheSamKuehn

TheSamKuehn Advocate (640) Florida Aug 27, 2012

Was at the brewery last night. Same selection as quoted above. No Jose at the brewery. Freshest Jai Alai they had was canned July 8th. And you should be hitting up Peg's over in Gulfport on Friday. RareR DOS 500ml min-growlers being released at noon.

39. Picked up a six of Maduro, Jai Alai, Tocobaga, and a shirt! might stop by a few places tomorrow before my flight. Have limited room in my second suitcase.

40. jmm380

jmm380 Savant (290) Florida Jul 8, 2013

From what i've heard the Total Wine right by CCB has a great selection. I'm planning on stopping by on Sunday.