Cigar City Dos Años Kumquat Berliner Weisse ( FB info)

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by Ravenacht, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Ravenacht

Ravenacht Advocate (535) Florida Aug 10, 2012 Verified

Introducing Dos Años Kumquat Berliner Weisse. A light tart wheat ale with copious amounts of kumquat added. Acidic and immensely refreshing. Clocking in just shy of 4% ABV. On tap in the tasting room and some hitting distribution as well. No growlers for the time being.

They must not sleep much down at the brewery, they have been pounding out a lot of excellent brews lately.

kpanter and dachshunddude86 like this.
  2. gunhaver

gunhaver Savant (455) Florida May 27, 2007

this beer is absolutely amazing. gonna pound a ton over the next few weeks. it'll be at the BeerAdvocate Extreme Beer Fest

the name comes from the fact that we mashed in on December 31st, let it sit in the mash tun till January 2nd where we finished it up. tons of kumquats were added in the secondary.

VncentLIFE, jloomis, kpanter and 4 others like this.
  3. brewbetter

brewbetter Savant (410) Nauru Jun 2, 2012

I would love to see a Cigar City Berliner in cans! Do they ever post lists of where they send kegs? I'd like to know what places on the east coast are getting this and Peach IPA.

sliverX likes this.
  4. I can't wait to try this tonight!

5. kpanter

kpanter Savant (255) Florida Nov 25, 2012 Verified

^Nice! Trying tomorrow. Cheers everyone! Thanks to CCB for continuing to produce some great brews

dachshunddude86 likes this.
  6. It's so yummy

dachshunddude86 likes this.
  7. rholmes

rholmes Aficionado (105) Florida Sep 11, 2012

Had this last night (among many others) at CCB. Very, very sour, but if that's what you're into, this is an amazing brew.

8. While I thought the beer was tart (as a berliner should be), I wouldn't say it was 'very, very sour'. Oude Tart is sour. Tart of Darkness is sour. Cantillon's are sour. This is refreshingly tart.

kpanter and dachshunddude86 like this.