1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Cigar City Six Packs in NYC & Long Island. WTF Happened?

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by ThirstyFace, Feb 4, 2013.

1. ThirstyFace

ThirstyFace Initiate (0) New York Jan 11, 2013

It's been ages since I've see CCB sixers in my neck of the woods. Does anyone know why this is, and if other surrounding cities are experiencing the same?
  2. jaIsPoAn

jaIsPoAn Savant (365) New York Aug 1, 2012

What, where, when?
  3. I was told CC has not shipped to NY in about a year and anything you see on the shelves is a least that old (for LI at least), could be wrong
    cosmicevan likes this.
  4. Denoas

Denoas Aficionado (215) New York Jan 22, 2013

I've been wondering the same thing. Haven't seen anything in a while in NYC.
  5. Onizilla

Onizilla Aficionado (215) New York Apr 25, 2009

CCB hasn't had a proper shipment to S.K.I. distributors in quite a while. When I contacted the brewery I was told it was due to their wanting to supply the home market before looking to other areas and it would be until they finished their (Then current) expansions which, I believe, finished in November. There have been random shipments of some of their kegs but nothing bottle (or can) wise as far as I know in quite a while. There's still some of it kicking around but it is very old.

In better news, It's in Vermont.
  6. Shmuffalo

Shmuffalo Savant (260) Pennsylvania Feb 26, 2012

I found some Jai Alai in Pittsburgh via Philly at House of 1000 Beers. DatedDecemebr 27th. Definitely wasn't expecting it.
  7. Thank god, I heard VT was running out of good beer
  8. ressling

ressling Savant (270) Georgia Oct 26, 2011

A large local liquor store told me that Cigar City stopped distributing a few months ago to Atlanta, so I'm not sure what the deal is. Weird because it's not like ATL is far from Tampa. I was fortunate enough to have a family member bring me back some Jai Alai IPA recently, but I have yet to see any of their brews around these parts.

I've desparately been wanting to try some of their other beers (sans Marshal Zhukov's Imperial Stout; I did not care for that stuff).