Cigar City trip on 12/5

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by BeRanger, Dec 3, 2012.

1. BeRanger

BeRanger Savant (485) Michigan Dec 11, 2011

I'm heading to Orlando for a Wedding and we're flying into Tampa so that I could swing by Cigar City as I've never been. Given that it's a random Wednesday around lunch, probably not an ideal meeting time but if anyone wants to do any IP trades, let me know. Michigan has plenty of goodies not available in FL. My flight gets in around 1030/11. I'll probably be there from 1130/noon until 2ish or so.

Otherwise I'll be in Orlando for the next 5 days. I'd post this in the ISO but figured I'd have better luck in this thread.

Also, any good spots to hit in Tampa before heading to Orlando? Thanks!

2. BAstoutsNsours

BAstoutsNsours Initiate (0) Florida Sep 21, 2012

For the best god damn cuban food north of Havana go to Brocatos. Its just off I-4 on your way to Orlando. Get a cuban and a devil crab. CCB should still have bourbon BA Big Sound when you arrive.

3. BigGene

BigGene Initiate (0) Florida Oct 30, 2010

How will I know who you are in the Tasting room. Oh by the Purple horse outfit.

4. BeRanger

I was praying for some AB Zhu or Huna but knew damn well it wouldnt happen.
    I won't have the Unicorn outfit but I do look like NPH. Haha

5. kpanter

kpanter Aficionado (230) Florida Nov 25, 2012

I am in Orlando, and frequent Cigar City. Shoot me a message when it gets closer, and we can link up and prob trade. I have some nice brews in the fridge (mostly CCB). Redlight Redlight in Orlando and/or CCB in Tampa are musts though

6. BeRanger

...closer as in an hour before my flight leaves? My flight is 7a tomorrow :) BM sent haha

robinsmv and HopsJunkiedotcom like this.
  7. If I may make an Orlando suggestion....do yourself a favor and visit Cask & Larder. It's a new brewpub and their brewmaster came from Cigar City. The food is amazing, and the beers are fantastic as well. They have all of their menus online, and they switch up their food and beer menus often. I've gone twice in the past month (and I live 3+ hours away in Miami).

8. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

You will be missed at 4 Elf, but it sounds like you are covered! I will following in your footsteps, should be in Tampa by Wednesday!

9. BigGene

I thought that the brewer at C&L was with Shipyard before this.
    From the website
    Ron Raike - Cask & Larder BrewmasterRon Raike brings more than 20 years of beer-making experience to Cask & Larder. Ron first began brewing beer while studying for his master’s degree in computer engineering at the University of Central Florida and is now one of the few Certified Cicerone’s in Florida. He was brewmaster at Shipyard Brewing Company for more than a decade and has continued to teach graduate students at UCF’s Rosen School of Hospitality Management about the fine art of Belgian-style ales and sours. Raike won a “Best of Show” at the 2012 Best Florida Beer Championship. Before assuming his position at Cask & Larder, Raike went on an extensive research tour through Belgium to help add an even higher degree of expertise to his notable skills.

HopsJunkiedotcom likes this.
  10. My mistake then, must have heard the wrong info, apologies.

11. BigGene

Lol , no need to apologize, was just there the other night and Rons beer is great.

12. It's fantastic...might be my favorite beer in the state to be honest, aside from the high-end CCB stuff.