1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Citra Release - Bottle Only at the Brewery!

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by jamex, Mar 13, 2012.

1. You saying they sold out 40 cases in an hour today?

2. Epical8

Epical8 Aficionado (120) California Dec 30, 2010

Yep! It was fun

3. what would be a good time to get there on sun to get bottles?

4. Epical8

5. sounds like im leaving the OC @ 7am then.. much appreciated

6. Epical8

I mean i got there at 10:00 which was more than enough time. But Saturday and Sunday i would guess would have more people due to it being the weekend.

7. im hoping 10am sunday will be early enough.. fingers crossed!!

8. DCRA

DCRA Aficionado (160) California Dec 14, 2011

Yesterday, if you came at 11am you would have been good. Everyone who was there in line before opening got a ticket.

9. They ran out before the doors even opened. Going to be interesting how tomorrows release plays out with all this "bad weather" looming.

made me laugh when people showed up right when the doors opened or like 30 mins + after they opened walking in asking for the beers, and getting all pissy over not getting any.

10. Epical8

You gotta want it

11. Be careful folks - a little weather could be developing. Prepare accordingly. From weatherchannel.com -

Through 10am: Rain showers developing by mid-morning. Increasing clouds with temperatures rising towards the mid 40s. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 55%.

12. Sebowski

Sebowski Savant (325) California Jan 11, 2010

It is sad that it is now humorous that people get denied beer because they show up when the place actually opens instead of 4hrs before. Silly common folk. Don't they know beer is strictly for geeks now? Well, and their trades and ebay of course.

13. Best part was one guy claiming he came all the way from Northern California to be here but would not say from where, showed up at around 12:30pm mind you, and giving off attitude to the greeter at the door. Funny part was he was wearing his business t-shirt and it said clearly he was based out of Bakersfield. Denied!

14. baybassboy

baybassboy Savant (380) California Feb 23, 2011

ya... isn't that funny that they don't get to buy some beer to enjoy in the comfort of their homes? so hilarious to see them turned away whilst others covet their beer currency. who cares what it is, so long as you can trade it...

15. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

You guys do realize that they're not filling growlers specifically so that locals can drink it for longer, right?

16. They were saying that the kegs of citra were going to kick yesterday as well

17. Epical8

I wonder how today went

18. Urbano7913

Urbano7913 Disciple (60) California Feb 24, 2011

Probably went fast!!!

19. actually there was only like 25 of us in line when they opened.. people walked in @ 12 and got some bottles

20. fartmaster

fartmaster Initiate (0) California Dec 27, 2011

i missed out on this and i see all these people trading all six bottles. Its cool, but at the same time why not drink a couple or something...makes me want to cry...oh well just have to make it to the brewery before its out on tap

21. nogidrew86

nogidrew86 Savant (250) Nevada Aug 16, 2010

Im wondering if anyone who made the trek to get the bottles has any intention of drinking them? It is a fantastic beer!

22. no doubt its a good brew.. was lucky enough to get a pint from the 5 gallons they had left at opening yesterday.. that being said, half of mine went to friends and family, kept a couple for myself ( and my gf who loves IPAs), and traded the rest..

23. taffeys

taffeys Aficionado (105) California Dec 23, 2005

I've already finished a few of mine.

24. finished 2 of them traded one, will probably keep the rest

25. OTB

OTB Savant (355) California Sep 2, 2011

Folks.....please drink your Citra. It's meant to be consumed fresh, a two week old bottle is definitely a different bottle from a fresh one. Like Pliny it begins its decent very quickly. If your thinking of sitting on bottles for that whale of a trade you are doing nobody a favor. Drink the stuff ! As for the poor hop heads that actually drove up to Kern hoping to actually buy beer to drink, I feel your pain.

26. I'm sending one to a regular trading partner without asking for anything in return. The others are getting opened with friends.

27. OTB

Bravo !

28. DCRA

DCRA Aficionado (160) California Dec 14, 2011

As for me, I am drinking all of mine all by myself. I would not trade this beer for anything.

29. OTB

You and I both, however I love to share mine with other brew brains that have never had a chance to taste it, for me that's what it's all about.

Cheers....