1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Clown Shoes is coming to California

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by TheCrowsNest, Jan 10, 2013.

1. I spoke with the sales rep from a solid craft beer distributor earlier today and it sounds like we'll be seeing some Tramp Stamp on the shelves by the end of February!

2. Hopefully, Chocolate Sombrero and their other stouts make their way here at the same time!

3. DrAwkward82

DrAwkward82 Savant (305) California Apr 16, 2005

Good news. I've been pretty impressed with just about everything I've had from Clown Shoes.

4. Delightful. More ticks.

5. TheBoog013

TheBoog013 Savant (360) California Feb 24, 2011

This is exciting news! Which distributor?

6. mjl21

mjl21 Advocate (540) California Apr 3, 2008

More East Coast beer that collects dust on the shelves of BevMo.

grandmachine and jmerriken like this.
  7. Not if you try it LIKE it !
    Blaecorn Unidragon and Vampire Slayer are amazing !!!!

DrAwkward82 and PaulStoneAnchor like this.
  8. litheum94

litheum94 Initiate (0) California Dec 29, 2008

Northern and Southern? I'm interested to try their beers, as they seem to be one of the more polarizing breweries out there.

9. mjl21

mjl21 Advocate (540) California Apr 3, 2008

Only so much shelf space is available. I'd rather see Left Hand, Ska, or Odell.

grandmachine, vurt, KevSal and 2 others like this.
  10. Azrael

Azrael Initiate (0) Jan 9, 2013

That's my thinking too. There are a LOT of options nowadays, and I can only drink/buy so much. They're going to have to be better than a great number of breweries.

11. Need a trading partner in Colo....

12. penniwisdom

penniwisdom Initiate (0) California Sep 10, 2010

Dude you nailed this on the head. I would love to see these exact three breweries out here in California. Namely Odell but the other two wouldn't hurt either. Odell IPA is fucking amazing.

13. I may be biased to CA, but I'm perfectly content with all we have on hand. I'll drink East Coast beer when I go to the East Coast.

14. SHODriver

SHODriver Advocate (515) Louisiana Aug 13, 2010

I could leave get by without Left Hand but I'd love for Ska and Odell to be out here. I just brought back a bunch of Odell and got some more in a trade.

15. jtmartino

jtmartino Savant (480) California Dec 11, 2010

If only it were that easy.

16. Would be nice to have more barrel aged shelf options. Paying $20-$30 per bottle in addition to beer club memberships, raffles, books, and pairing dinners gets a bit old.

17. MacNCheese

MacNCheese Initiate (0) California Dec 10, 2011

It's the new normal. Barrel aged beers by large will never be sitting on the shelf. Unless it's some cut-down version or infected.

18. I don't mind blends as long as they taste good (ie, Silva Stout). Maybe it's a case of grass is greener syndrome, but it's hard not to be envious of our friends in the Midwest who seem to have some nice and affordable shelf options while we're over here praying that our local bottle shop gets more than a couple cases each of FW barrel-aged releases.

19. MacNCheese

MacNCheese Initiate (0) California Dec 10, 2011

I wouldn't hold your breath. Barrel aging beer is a time intensive, higher risk low volume endevour. Esp when you consider how expensive realestate/leases are. They'll never really be a ton of those beers floating around.

20. Wine Warehouse is gonna be distributing Clown Shoes here in SoCal.

21. vurt

vurt Advocate (565) Oregon Apr 11, 2004

If we could get Odell beers in California, I'd give up Left Hand and Ska.

Back on topic: I haven't tried any Clown Shoes beers, but a tick's a tick. And if they're good, there will be room for them in my fridge.

22. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Initiate (0) California Nov 26, 2008

I love Hoppy Feet 1.5. I can't wait for this.

23. They are expecting inventory early February. Exciting news.