CO2 refills in southern CT

Discussion in 'New England' started by WeaponTheyFear, Jun 12, 2012.

1. I debated putting this in the homebrew forum but figured I may get more of a response here. Does anyone know a relatively cheap place to refill co2 tanks in New Haven County? I filled mine for the first time today at a place in Milford and I know I overpaid, $32 for a 7lb fill.

2. NiceFly

NiceFly Savant (395) Tajikistan Dec 22, 2011

I could not find anywhere to fill. The best I could do was exchange at Airgas, off of exit 43 (I think) of I-95 for about 17$. Goodbye beautiful Aluminum tank!

3. It's a drive for you but Hocon Gas in Norwalk does it. They don't re-fill but they swap your tank for you. I swapped my two empty 5lb tanks for fresh ones for $36 recently. They're good people.

4. NiceFly

NiceFly Savant (395) Tajikistan Dec 22, 2011

Make that exit 40, quarter mile south on woodmont. $17.48 for 5# as of this afternoon, and they gave me an aluminum tank.

5. man i have a small tank and just trade in like grill gas (always ask for a shiny looking one) and its like under $10 at airgas in new haven or north haven off middletown ave exit

6. BigDog33

BigDog33 Zealot (85) Connecticut Apr 9, 2010

http://www.shorelinecompressedgas.com/

I always fill mine here in North haven. I think it was like $15 and they fill your tank (mine is 5lb).

7. Maltose swaps tanks, they do not fill, FYI. I don't recall what their prices were. Very few places do their own fills, usually they get a delivery of filled tanks and tank your tank in exchange, so if you want to keep that shiny new tank, you need to find a place that actually supplies the filled tanks. Best bet would be a medical gas or welding supply shop.

8. Good to know. I've never been to the shop personally, but I knew it was on the outskirts of New Haven county.