Dismiss Notice
Sneak peek! BeerAdvocate magazine #104 (September 2015) featuring Leah & Oscar from Highland Brewing in Asheville, North Carolina. Learn more ...
Dismiss Notice
Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest BeerAdvocate updates delivered to your inbox.

CO2 refills in southern CT

Discussion in 'New England' started by WeaponTheyFear, Jun 12, 2012.

1. I debated putting this in the homebrew forum but figured I may get more of a response here. Does anyone know a relatively cheap place to refill co2 tanks in New Haven County? I filled mine for the first time today at a place in Milford and I know I overpaid, $32 for a 7lb fill.

2. NiceFly

NiceFly Savant (395) Tajikistan Dec 22, 2011

I could not find anywhere to fill. The best I could do was exchange at Airgas, off of exit 43 (I think) of I-95 for about 17$. Goodbye beautiful Aluminum tank!

3. It's a drive for you but Hocon Gas in Norwalk does it. They don't re-fill but they swap your tank for you. I swapped my two empty 5lb tanks for fresh ones for $36 recently. They're good people.

4. NiceFly

NiceFly Savant (395) Tajikistan Dec 22, 2011

Make that exit 40, quarter mile south on woodmont. $17.48 for 5# as of this afternoon, and they gave me an aluminum tank.

5. man i have a small tank and just trade in like grill gas (always ask for a shiny looking one) and its like under $10 at airgas in new haven or north haven off middletown ave exit

6. BigDog33

BigDog33 Zealot (95) Connecticut Apr 9, 2010

http://www.shorelinecompressedgas.com/

I always fill mine here in North haven. I think it was like $15 and they fill your tank (mine is 5lb).

7. Maltose swaps tanks, they do not fill, FYI. I don't recall what their prices were. Very few places do their own fills, usually they get a delivery of filled tanks and tank your tank in exchange, so if you want to keep that shiny new tank, you need to find a place that actually supplies the filled tanks. Best bet would be a medical gas or welding supply shop.

8. Good to know. I've never been to the shop personally, but I knew it was on the outskirts of New Haven county.