1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

COAST releases Boy King today

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by Rymar9, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Rymar9

Rymar9 Savant (260) South Carolina Jan 24, 2011

Coast boy king DIPA is being released today in bottles and growler fills at the brewery. I've seen a few ISO's for this lately, so nows your chance to get it fresh. I know eventually both charleston and Greenville beet exchanges will have it as well. Cheers!
  2. rjknyy

rjknyy Savant (255) Georgia Nov 7, 2009

I will be making the trip from Savannah this afternoon, good timing for me :)
  3. They would release it in the middle of the week and on Easter weekend... Just hope I can get a few bottles this year for some good trading partners who have never tried it. *fingers crossed*
  4. Would love to try this if anyone might be picking up extras. . . got plenty of Pliny & Kern River 5th anniversary dipa in the fridge right now.

Of course if Bruery, Eclipse, Russian River or other West Coast goodies float your boat, those are available too.
  5. SaCkErZ9

SaCkErZ9 Champion (825) Florida Feb 27, 2005

Big deal. Once you have had one DIPA, you have had them all ;)
  6. Got mine today. Fantastic as usual.
  7. Am I going to be able to find it anywhere for sale next week in the area? Preferably someplace a little closer to NC?
  8. rjknyy

rjknyy Savant (255) Georgia Nov 7, 2009

Bought a growler and 4 bottles, delicious stuff, hoping there are a few batches this summer
  9. No word on if it's being distributed anywhere outside of Charleston yet. I'd guess that GBX will almost certainly get some and I think Grapevine in Fort Mill got a case last year.
  10. jophish17

jophish17 Advocate (510) Georgia Jan 20, 2007

god I hope so - I've been putting off a trip to Greenville for a while now. This may be the spark I need to get up there!
  11. ivanwho

ivanwho Zealot (75) Georgia Feb 19, 2009

Anyone know if they sell kegs at the brewery of this or their others? I'll be there next weekend.
    Thx.
  12. Pretty sure it is against SC law for breweries to sell kegs directly to the public.
    FutureCowboy likes this.
  13. 10 cases for the state of SC is what we got. No kegs to the public. I pray that they brew another batch soon :)
  14. Got mine today at CBE, was #9 in line, there were a few more behind me. I remember trying this last year at the brewery, first thinking, "eh, what's the big deal? Probably, just another hoppy beer." After tasting it, I got two growlers full. Oh yeah, before this beer, I couldn't stand hoppy beers.
  15. "10 cases for philistines"

fixed that.
  16. LOL, good one. Wish you could be the one responding to my "Where is my Boy King?" voicemails tomorrow!
  17. That's what the delete button is for...

"what voicemail?"

:)
    gothedistance likes this.
  18. Rymar9

Rymar9 Savant (260) South Carolina Jan 24, 2011

Finished off my growler last night, now I need more. Just a fantastic beer and one of my favorites!
  19. Hope it hits Green's here in Columbia...
  20. Don't recall seeing it at Green's last year but I did catch an unexpected bottle at Morganelli's. Maybe gothedistance could give you a heads up about Cola dist.