1. American Craft Beer Fest is this weekend in Boston, Mass. Join us for 640+ beers from 140+ brewers! Tickets for Friday, May 29 are still available. Cheers!

Coffee/Cherry Rye sightings in MA

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by MasterCraft, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Anyone see BCBCS or Cherry anywhere in the state?

2. Ataraxia

Ataraxia Savant (280) Massachusetts Sep 20, 2012

I saw a BCBS Coffee case on a shelf randomly, got all excited, and found the case to be empty.

Does that count?

davey101 likes this.
  3. no :(

4. It came and went @ Liquor World in Porter Square in a matter of hours as others have mentioned in another thread somewhere. This is the only spot I have actually heard about having BCBCS in the city, can't say for sure if I've seen any other posts about it popping up anywhere else in the state...

...not really a helpful post I realize and part of me thinks any place that was lucky enough to get a case or whatever of the coffee, kept it extremely under wraps, and the other part of me wonders if it actually hasn't shown up very many other places yet or they haven't put it out yet etc. Doesn't seem to make too much sense that one place would randomly have it and nowhere else would...sorry for the novel...

...as for Cherry I haven't heard anything at all.

5. Chances are by the time you find out it is somewhere it will already be gone by the time you get there.

6. Someone told me they spoke with a GI rep at a tasting at Julio's the other night and they said eastern MA was getting screwed out of both. I don't know what the fuck happened, or if that's even set in stone, but that's what I've heard.

7. Apparently Julio's distributor didn't get any. That doesn't mean ALL of Eastern MA got shut out, just their distributor.

8. Ataraxia

Well, I spoke to Upper Falls and Marty's in Newton, no dice. And last I heard from Blanchard's nothing either.

9. Possibly, but it was the GI rep who said it, not just Julio's.

10. First Parabola, now this. We've been through this Founders too. When breweries expand to new markets and don't increase production the old markets suffer. So much for loyalty but I suppose it makes business sense. My friend who lives in Maine received both of these beers weeks ago.

11. Thanks for the info. That is really weird, I don't see how only one store got a case unless it were through less than legitimate channels, or like you said, other stores are holding theirs. I had heard MA got screwed out of Cherry, but I was/am hopeful we'd at least get Coffee.

12. pjl44

pjl44 Initiate (0) Massachusetts Oct 3, 2008

I know Redstone got Coffee, so that's at least two stores.

13. Sorry, We did not get any coffee or Cherry Rye at Redstone...our distributor got shut out.

14. pjl44

pjl44 Initiate (0) Massachusetts Oct 3, 2008

My bad...thought I saw you post it online. Maybe I confused it with a post from Liquor World.

15. I don't think that GI rep really knew what she was talking about besides a few cutesy stories about the company. She was also putting the drinks back and seemed a bit drunk by the end.

franklinn likes this.
  16. I'm guessing the vintage line rep from description.

Jnorton00 likes this.
  17. Well I assumed that. I am trying to verify that it's the same rep I spoke to at my store. The real issue is what does she consider "Eastern MA" and which distributors got shut out. Sounds like there is a significant conflict of information.

18. Ding Ding Ding!

19. Well I mean I hope the info I was given was wrong. Granted I'm not even in MA so I already got my BCBCS lol. Still, I hate to see how MA has gotten screwed on so many releases this past half year.

Stockfan42 likes this.
  20. We appreciate the sympathy!

21. MCG

MCG Aficionado (185) Massachusetts Feb 28, 2005

Western MA is shut out too it looks like.

22. Hrrmm... if Julio's is considered "Eastern" MA, then I'm afraid Acton would be shit out of luck. Email sent to rep...

23. MVP09

MVP09 Savant (425) Massachusetts Oct 19, 2012

Got a bottle of Coffee about month ago at W&M. Regular BCBS seems to be around enough to get. Cherry is like locating free gold bars. Did any in Mass find any Cherry?

24. Where around still has bcbs for sale in ma??

25. harringtons in chelmsford has cases for sales $25 a 4 pk

I normally buy all i can find on bcbs, this year i would have gone broke doing this

26. jomobono

jomobono Savant (410) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2012

I guess I better change up my hold card at Julio's.

WickedGoodBBQ and Jnorton00 like this.
  27. The problem is that there are many conflicting reports coming from what seems to be the same source. I would just get in contact with someone at Julio's. If they really aren't getting any (I heard the same thing) they would know by now.

28. jomobono

Yeah I was going to do that this weekend, if they say they may get some I'll keep it.

29. I asked at Julio's earlier today and they said they aren't expecting any.

30. jomobono

Hmmm...what to change my hold card to.

31. beerinmaine

beerinmaine Aficionado (225) Maine Jun 20, 2009

Which is really, really weird, since I was able to get a decent quantity of Cherry in Maine without too much work.

Not often does ME get better distro than MA.

32. jomobono

Haven't you heard? Mass is the new Maine for distro.

Trevdawg likes this.
  33. beerinmaine

beerinmaine Aficionado (225) Maine Jun 20, 2009

As long as that results in Bruery coming to ME, I'm happy.

34. Perk your ears up...

35. One case of Cherry Rye came to Harrington's. $25 per, one bottle limit.

36. Ataraxia

Is this Harrington's in Chemsford?

If anyone can find multiple Coffee I'd like to buy a bunch of beer they want in exchange...

37. Sweet. Im heading to Chelmsford now for work. Ill have to stop by.

Thanks for the heads up

38. Yes.

Georgio's in Billerica still had a few bottles of BCBCS left as of this morning.

39. Ataraxia

Typo in the name? Tried googling it

40. brikelly

brikelly Savant (440) New Hampshire Apr 11, 2010

Dammit. The one week I'm out of state for a work trip. Sigh!