1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

College Station BA's

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by champaynes, Jul 11, 2012.

1. champaynes

champaynes Initiate

Hey guys, I just got back in town for a summer session before my senior year and just looking to connect with some other BA's in this somewhat beer desert (with the exception of Obannon's, an oasis for me.) Anyway, just putting out my feelers. Cheers, and as always, Gig 'Em
  2. turfy

turfy Member

There's a few of us around!
    champaynes likes this.
  3. EA728

EA728 Member

Good to see someone else on here from College Station!
    champaynes likes this.
  4. cloeren13

cloeren13 Member

I'm a senior at A&M as well. Wish CS was more beer friendly for us BA's. Let me know if you ever want to get a tasting together. I have a list of my cellar on my website. Check it out and we can get something lined up.

Cheers and Gig Em!

Stefan
    EA728 likes this.
  5. EA728

EA728 Member

Impressive cellar for a college senior! Will you be going to Harvey Washbangers tonight for the JK Weasel Rodeo?
  6. cloeren13

cloeren13 Member

Unfortunately I won't... I am out of town for my brothers stock the bar party. I've heard good things about Harvey Washbangers from the beer guy at Specs. I like to see they have some decent brews on tap considering the only other place in town is Obannons and that is hit or miss IMO. I gave them another shot when they had Mysterium Verum about 3 weeks ago. Had to hit them up for 3 consecutive days
  7. cloeren13

cloeren13 Member

Let me know how it goes tonight though. If you don't mind, shoot some pics or send me a list of what other beers they have on tap so I can check it out when I get back to CS. I had the Weasel Rodeo a few weeks ago at the JK brewery. Pretty good beer considering it is a collab between them and Mikeller which IMO are two average at best breweries
  8. brandon911

brandon911 Member

Cool to see this. I'd no idea Harvey Washbanger's had any selection, of course I've never been... Glad to see some CstatBA's.
  9. EA728

EA728 Member

They mostly carry Texas craft beers, Southern Star/Live Oak/etc.. but its the only place that will let you fill up a growler, which I love.
  10. brandon911

brandon911 Member

I see. Well I'll definitely be hitting it up in the future.
  11. FishPondManager

FishPondManager Member

I'm jumping in on this thread. Good to see a solid BA presence in CS. Here are the games I'm going to if any of you guys want to have a bottle share, meet up at a tailgate, or do some IP trades.

Florida
    LSU
    Mizzou
    Auburn
    Ole Miss

I definitely would love to meet Champaynes and the rest of you guys. We tailgate in lot 61.
    champaynes likes this.
  12. champaynes

champaynes Initiate

Backatchya man! September 8th can't get here fast enough! I'd love to follow through on that trade we talked about last semester (and IP is certainly easier on my college-sized wallet :) ) I'll shoot you a BM in a bit.
  13. jacobbocce72

jacobbocce72 Member

Not in CS anymore, but I'm down for most weekends (football games, visiting family, etc.). After spending 22 years of my life there, I still consider it my home.
    EA728 likes this.
  14. champaynes

champaynes Initiate

Can anyone recall Divine Reserve or Pumpkinator making it's way to CS in the past? I had DR 11 once on tap at O'bannon's but can't remember seeing either in bottle. Thanks!
  15. turfy

turfy Member

DR 11 and Pumpkinator both made it here. Spec's and HEB in CS and Village Foods in Bryan got both in.
  16. champaynes

champaynes Initiate

Glad to hear it, thanks buddy
  17. EA728

EA728 Member

DR 12 will be at Specs on Tuesday. Not sure about time, though.
    champaynes likes this.
  18. brandon911

brandon911 Member

Grrr. I just got back from Spec's and they were already out of DR.
  19. EA728

EA728 Member

They were out by 1pm yesterday. I went at 10am, got a number for a 6pack since they told me they didn't have it yet, came back at 1 and they had sold it. I was pretty angry, luckily they had 1 bomber left. Apparently Village Foods sold out fairly quickly too.
  20. champaynes

champaynes Initiate

if y'all are up for a trade bm me, open to offers to 2 or 3 12 oz bottles
  21. champaynes

champaynes Initiate

Sorry for not being clear, hate posting from my phone.

I've got 2 or 3 bottles to spare. Extremely open to trading for them, let me know if you are interested!
  22. champaynes

champaynes Initiate

P.S. I was lucky enough to not have the "shampoo" many others are discussing in the DR12 thread!
  23. turfy

turfy Member

Hey B/CS BA'ers , Spec's in CS just got in Black Butte 24 today. Limit one per person. Wait until after 4:00 so I can get mine after work!
  24. EA728

EA728 Member

Just picked mine up, thanks for the reminder, completely forgot about it. Heard that we're actually getting in Positive Contact as well.
  25. turfy

turfy Member

Harvey Washbangers received a case of Bonnie the Rare. $15 a bottle walk out price.
    EA728 likes this.
  26. kmello69

kmello69 Member

Holy cow. It was $9.99 in Austin. Guess you have to pay for the shipping.
  27. willandperry

willandperry Member

Wow.... Now we really know how much their up-charging...
  28. turfy

turfy Member

Considering its the only place within 100 miles to get it and its a retail bar (that's what they charge if you drink the bottle there) I thought it was an acceptable price for at least one bottle.
  29. EA728

EA728 Member

is it worth the price?
  30. turfy

turfy Member

To me it is, as I'm getting a few for regular trading partners that want it. Saves me a trip to Houston or Austin.
  31. raffy313

raffy313 Member

Little heads up for you CS BA's who are considering getting "something lined up" with THIS guy...

http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/bad-trader-cloeren13.36986/
  32. jforeman

jforeman Member

Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead

Ill visiting college station from dallas the last weekend in march if anyone wants to set up and IP trade...

Deep ellum,Lakewood,peticolas,revolver,community,Franconia etc
  33. jbeezification

jbeezification Member

Is specs the only option in B/CS? I'm going to be in town for a few weeks over the summer. What are some good beer bars?
  34. champ103

champ103 Member

Specs and HEB has a good selection. O'Bannon's Taphouse is the best beer bar in town. Lots of good stuff, and a cask ever once in a while.
  35. jbeezification

jbeezification Member

I'm at Harvey Washbangers, they have (512) pecan porter and endeavor on tap. Tonight they're gonna have Real Ale BB Milk Stout
    champ103 likes this.
  36. champ103

champ103 Member

Nice, last time I was there, they did not have nearly that good of a selection. That was several years ago though.
  37. EA728

EA728 Member

New management took over. Now its a great Texas craft beer bar. They get stuff from JK among others that O'Bannon's doesn't even get since the owner/employees will drive out to the breweries to pick up kegs
    champ103 likes this.
  38. HopAG

HopAG Member

God I miss living in CS, best year of my life there!

Haven't been there in a while but one of my good friends Juan works at Obannons and can be a great source of knowledge or potential hookup with some of the backroom stuff.

Ended up getting a growler from Harvery Washbangers there last month just to have a nice keepsake from CS! Great selection there
  39. jbeezification

jbeezification Member

I'm chatting with the new assistant manager, real nice lady who is very eager to learn more about craft beer. This Is a Texas craft beer haven. I don't see any non Texas beers.
  40. lndsy

lndsy Member

my best friend works there! and i went to hay merchant with a bunch of the employees maybe a month or two ago (they hated me). i wonder if i met juan.