1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Colorado ipa

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by iowacraft01, Nov 11, 2012.

1. iowacraft01

iowacraft01 Aficionado (125) Iowa Oct 3, 2012

My uncles coming home to Iowa from CO for Xmas. Going to have him bring me sum beers. Any help on lpas that would be worth drinking
  2. Modus Hoperandi
    SFACRKnight likes this.
  3. buffs9

buffs9 Savant (450) Colorado Apr 28, 2008

if you don't have access to Odell IPA and Myrcenary then that's what you want...
  4. I second buffs on the Myrcenary call. Oskar's Gubna is the tits as well.
  5. iowacraft01

fresh would be nice but just mainly stuff he can pick up at a store. I've had the odell myrcenary pretty tasty stuff!
  6. Maharaja, Hercules, and Mountain Standard (Black IPA) are all pretty solid as well and also very popular...shouldn't have a problem finding any of them.
  7. denver10

denver10 Champion (865) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

X2 on Odell's IPA and Mountain Standard.

Dry Docks 7 Seas IIPA. If he can find Backcountry's Telemark IPA that is a nice grab as well but the only store I ever found that in was Lukas.
    Bitterbill and biking4beer like this.
  8. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

I like the IPA's we have out this way.
    Locally, the Odell would be my favorite, although Hop Notch from Uinta (in Utah) is also top notch. Modus, too, although I think that's all over the country, now.
    Denver10's mention of Telemark is another big winner, although these days you'll want to look for it as "Backcountry Pale Ale" since it was recently renamed. It's still the same beer, though.
    biking4beer likes this.
  9. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

Also check out upslopes IPA as well as santa fe's happy camper IPA. Dugana is on the shelves right now as well as deschutes chasing freshies, I also enjoy their chainbreaker. Dad and dudes dank is also on shelves.
  10. for a 2ipa but some Odells Myrcenary
  11. Buy some Dales PA it drinks like an IPA IMO
    Steve_0 likes this.
  12. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Advocate (505) Colorado Dec 19, 2010

Dry Dock DIPA, Odell IPA and Mountain Standard, Firestone Walker DIPA, Maharaja, NB Super IPA,.
  13. Fitshaced

Fitshaced Aficionado (220) Colorado Feb 29, 2012

Odell IPA
    Odell myrcenary
    Odell Mountain Standard
    Modus Hoperandi
    Hop Notch
    Firestone Walker Union Jack if you cant get it.
    Firestone walker Double jack
    Firestone Walker Wookey Jack
    New Belgium Ranger
    Sante Fe Hoppy Camper. Pretty Underrated IMO
    Deviant Dales
    Marble IPA
    Pliny the elder
  14. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (305) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

I see what you did there.
    gklover1 likes this.
  15. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Advocate (505) Colorado Dec 19, 2010

PTE is difficult to get. No announcement when it's coming in and sells out in 24 hours.
  16. iowacraft01

Thanks for all the suggestions! Where can I pick some of these up in the denver cherry creek area???
  17. spoony

spoony Savant (495) Colorado Aug 1, 2012

Joy Wine (real close to Cherry Creek...6th Ave. and Marion) had Racer X from Bear Republic (not Colorado, I know, but IIPA) and Dugana tonight when I stopped by. They also usually have Myrcenary, Ranger, and I think I saw some Mountain Standard in there too.

Argonaut (on Colfax, aka 15th Ave.) isn't too far from Cherry Creek, either (15 blocks), and they should have a pretty solid selection.

Lastly, Colorado Liquor Mart (Colorado Blvd. and Exposition...about 10 blocks from Cherry Creek) also should have decent selection.
  18. gklover1

gklover1 Savant (255) Colorado Oct 18, 2009

For fresh, you are gonna need to go with Myrcenary. If he is willing to make a hike, send him to Dry Dock Brewery for fresh DIPA. It is worth it.
  19. Ricelikesbeer

Ricelikesbeer Savant (350) Colorado Nov 29, 2006

All 3 Avery Ipa's are great, (Maharaja, Dugana, IPA), Pretty much any Odell ipa, which has been mentioned plenty, If he's by Cherry creek then Bull and Bush is a must, they have tons of awesome beers. (Man Beer is average to me but still worth it). Great Divide makes some good hoppy stuff too. Rumble and their anniversery ipa are awesome.