1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Colorado Treasures

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by soughtbygod, Jan 29, 2013.

1. poonamibaxter

poonamibaxter Savant (315) Colorado Jun 26, 2007

Very cool of you but completely unnecessary. You make solid beers, I didn't enjoy this one. It's not like y'all had anything to do with Holidale or anything, so I'm still a fan.
    coreymcafee likes this.
  2. picked one up and got the same weird flavors, sucked I got an infected one,
  3. vurt

vurt Savant (495) Oregon Apr 11, 2004

The first bottle I tried (early March) had a little unexpected funkiness to it, but was still a very tasty beer. The second bottle, which I opened about a month and a half later, was a mess. You could hardly taste the beer underneath a funk that was like slightly tart rotting lettuce. Bleh. Glad to hear that Elevation has identified the likely source for the problem. I'll give 'em another chance.
  4. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (655) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

Had this during the Masters weekend, and thought it was weak on the barrel, tasted a little like a standard RIS with very very little oak and vanilla coming through, on the flip side had Ctayt immediately after and it was as full bodied and loaded with flavor for a BA stout as one could expect. Good stuff from Elevation, but probably needed more time in the barrel. No infection to report though.
  5. Kuester

Kuester Aficionado (165) Colorado May 14, 2012

Elevation posted on Facebook that False Summit, the BA Quad, should be hitting soon. I agree that Oil Man coulda used more time, hoping to find a little more barrel in this one.
  6. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (655) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

7. denver10

denver10 Champion (865) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

What is 7437?

As for Oil Man, I was fortunate that I was able to try it on tap fresh and though it was great. No issues with barrel influence either, I remember it definitely being there.
  8. Double IPA, tap room sales only.
    denver10 likes this.