1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Coming from SC to Minneapolis/Plymouth

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by wemissmikey, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone can help steer me in the right direction here.
    Flying in to MSP Monday around 4PM, staying at Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West on Campus Drive in Plymouth. On BA it looks like there is not much close by there. I will not have a car, and I'll only have a couple of hours on Monday to either go sit down somewhere and have a beer or get to and from a place where I can get some midwest goodness. I'd like to grab a few beers to bring back home, so any recommendations as to where I should go to look for what would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. MCImes

MCImes Savant (350) Minnesota Dec 31, 2010

I live a mile away from the crowne plaza. Just north of the hotel is an MGM which has a respectable selection of beer. Its probably close enough to walk if its a nice day, but I just looked and its going to be cold and windy :\ There's a liquor store in the strip mall by target too, but that one isnt great for beer. The plymouth haskells is ok but nothing special. Colony liquor is getting better, but doesnt have a huge selection, but occasionally has gems on the shelf as it doesnt get much BA traffic. The Cellars is down 55 a couple miles and has a pretty good selection too.

Depending on your timing I might be able to meet up with you and have a beer.

If you get a cab, within ~4 miles you can get to Liquor Barrel in golden valley which has a good selection, also the MGM across the street from there is ok for selection

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  3. nograz

nograz Aficionado (145) Minnesota Oct 30, 2013

I have heard the airport has a bottle shop. I don't think it has anything real special, but would have the at least some of the MN staples. There also is a bar in the airport, hoping someone else has its name, that should have some descent local stuff on tap.

4. shadetree67

shadetree67 Savant (305) Minnesota Sep 11, 2013

If you go to the liquor barrel in golden valley, you should swing by Doolittles to get some rotisserie chicken and wings. Really good stuff

5. Mplsmetro57

Mplsmetro57 Savant (320) Minnesota Jan 30, 2013

Princeton Liquors just east of I-494 and Bass Lake Road is exactly 4 miles north and has a very good selection.

morimech likes this.