1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Coming to Miami for a day

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by SeanS, Mar 14, 2013.

1. SeanS

SeanS Aficionado (115) New York Feb 13, 2013

Hey BA's

I will be in Miami next Monday and would love to check out some beer places in the area. And some bottle shops in the area to load up my bag on the ride home(!)

I will be staying in the Doral area so anything that is nearby would be great. If there are areas further out, I'm not opposed.

Basically, i'd love to try CCB stuff or even Pegs(is that possible?) but I hear it may be somewhat dry since they were heavily focused on Huna day?

Please help guide me! :)
  2. Depends if you want to drive 3+ hrs. one way... I can't really comment on availability down there.
  3. The closest beer bar you'll find near Doral is World of Beer Dadeland. Straight down highway 826 (Palmetto) south from Doral. They have a taplist on their website. If you want some killer food with good beer, I'd suggest The Local in Coral Gables and Lokal in Coconut Grove. If you're gonna head to South Beach at all, go to Abraxas (which I think is the best beer bar in Miami). You won't find Peg's - they are a brewpub outside of Tampa, many miles away.
    chardlogic and jcb7472 like this.
  4. jcb7472

jcb7472 Savant (420) Florida Jul 13, 2011

miamichael2 pretty much covered it for beer bars in the area...for bottle shops, I think there is a Total Wine down there and an ABC Liquors in or near Doral
  5. TheMonkery

TheMonkery Aficionado (165) Florida Dec 16, 2010

@jcb7472 - while it is little bit more expensive, the Stop N Shop in Coral Cables on Ponce has one of the best selections of beers in the area, quite possibly the best. Hope any of that info helps. Miami isn't the best area for the craft scene. There haven't been much CCB in the area lately, and Peg's won't leave the Tampa area so you are out of luck there. Hope any of that helps.

Don't know where you are passing through as you stay here, but if you have some time I would recommend a trip up to Funky Buddha, but that is only if you have time because it is a 45min-1hr drive.