1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Cooler bag with dividers?

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by Hanzo, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Member

So I use a pretty awesome cooler bag to transport bottles to tastings, but I find myself shoving in the cardboard dividers from wine boxes to keep everything organized and safe inside.

Does anyone know if they make a cooler bag with say 12 partitions inside for bombers/750s to fit nicely into and where I would get it/order it from?
  2. Tedwarhc

Tedwarhc Member

I just bought a "wine bag from Whole Foods that is a reusable shopping bag with soft dividers. Would fit nice in a cooler. I havent seen an actual cooler with dividers though.
    cosmicevan likes this.
  3. Hanzo

Hanzo Member

Yeah, I mean I can do the makeshift divider stuff, just weird nothing is on the market with built in organization for bottles.
  4. Tedwarhc

Tedwarhc Member

5. Eastside151

Eastside151 Member

They seem like they would work well if they come in the right size. Don't see where they are for purchase, curious what the cost would be.
  6. Eastside151

Eastside151 Member

Hanzo and cosmicevan like this.
  7. ant880

ant880 Member

Why not ask their expert? He looks pretty damn knowledgeable to me

[​IMG]Call 1-360-577-7222 for a Quick Quote, or reach us online...
    TinCup69, gpawned, Hanzo and 4 others like this.
  8. Eastside151

Eastside151 Member

9. kevanb

kevanb Member

beerserks and cosmicevan like this.
  10. jgluck

jgluck Member

I don't have any advice for the OP besides the soft six pack wine bottle holders, but if this thread has turned into "awesome soft coolers" Polar Bear makes amazing coolers. (site link) (amazon link)

I have the 24 pack and it will keep bottles perfectly chilled for days. It can even withstand being in direct sunlight, inside a hot car for hours no problem. Amazing cooler. The 24 pack can probably fit 24 cans easily, but I typically transport larger bottles (holds around 8 or so) and 12oz bottles (holds around 14ish probably, but I've never counted).
  11. Eastside151

Eastside151 Member

This could work well with the foam dividers posted in the beginning.
  12. Hanzo

Hanzo Member

This, but with 12 slots and not crazily expensive would be perfect.
  13. JM03

JM03 Member

ufmj, gpawned, Hanzo and 2 others like this.
  14. lv2travel

lv2travel Member

15. JM03

JM03 Member

16. lv2travel

lv2travel Member

I saw that one, but 250 bucks is a bit outrageous - at least for me anyway[/quote]
    Yeah, it's a bit pricier than the Bodega, but this one comes with chill packs. This way your beer or wine stays cool. I would say this carrier is more suitable for wine/beer reps.
  17. keysburg

keysburg Member

http://www.ebags.com/product/bellino/bottle-limo/151609?productid=10022091

eBags does some crazy discounts sometimes, this one is 20% off and free shipping right now. And the rewards club is good if you have to buy bags etc, usually the points are immediately redeemable on your next purchase.
    Hanzo likes this.
  18. lv2travel

lv2travel Member

Great, that's a nice bag too. Thanks for sharing:) I haven't shopped at ebags yet.
  19. keysburg

keysburg Member

I really can't stress enough how much I like them. There's generally a ton of reviews on everything, and they always provide all the dimensions of their products which is really important when shopping online for things like luggage.

If you search "wine" on there there are also a number of smaller picnic-type kits, made for taking two bottles of wine and some cheese somewhere. Perfect for the beach or a short hike or something.
  20. lv2travel

lv2travel Member

Thanks for more tips on ebags.com, I have to check them out. Is ebags a similar site as Amazon.com? As a side note, I think the one I suggested earlier for 12-bottle (wine/beer sales reps bags) it's from a smaller retailer. I am sure there is no way they can compete with big online stores like Amazon, etc. But I have heard of this retailer on Wine Spectator magazine. That should be a good sign.
  21. xnicknj

xnicknj Member

This doesn't have dividers unfortunately, but it's about $20 and fits a couple growlers or a few 22s. I got one for Christmas and I use it pretty often when going to friend's places, tastings, releases, etc.

[​IMG]
  22. yeahnatenelson

yeahnatenelson Member

I've been eyeing this bag. How well does it hold c&c bottles?
  23. xnicknj

xnicknj Member

Fitting bombers is pretty snug as it is unfortunately - you can get a C&C 750 in there but you'd have to tilt it. The champagne style 750s (cantillon, bruery, etc) will fit but its tight. The straps on either side unsnap, giving you a bit more space to pull the zipper down.
  24. lv2travel

lv2travel Member

I like the ones with the wheels so that you don't have to carry heavy loads. That's why I thought the 12 bottle with wheels on travelwithwine sounded pretty good.