1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Copenhagen Beer Celebration 2013

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by Askchucky, Nov 3, 2012.

1. http://to-ol.dk/home/?p=416

Anyone attending this event or know anything about it? Been wanting to visit Denmark and this could be a good excuse....

2. Not me. I was there this year and i was a bit disappointed about the beers there were and the prices they asked for the festival/beers/food etc. So no CBC for me next year!

Thijs

3. boddhitree likes this.
  4. I'm going... it'll be awesome!

5. Nightfall

Nightfall Aficionado (160) Greece Aug 16, 2006

Will be there, all sessions.

6. Well I'm coming from Chicago. Right going going to Friday and Saturday afternoon Excited to visit Denmark for the first time.

7. zach60614

zach60614 Savant (300) Illinois May 1, 2012

It was pretty fun last year, however don't expect much from the American brewers. None of them really brought anything special. However the European brewers, especially De Struise and De Molen, had some great offerings.

8. Nightfall

Nightfall Aficionado (160) Greece Aug 16, 2006

True everybody excpected a bit more from the US brewers. However we tried some new ones that were really good (westbrook, farmer's cabinet).
    Struise stand was amazing, just the opportunity to try Dirty Horse '83....De Molen, Fanø, mikkeller, evil twin all had some great variety.
    Hopefully something similar to Sour + bitter will be arranged again next year.
    Really looking forward to next year's.

Brabander likes this.
  9. zach60614

zach60614 Savant (300) Illinois May 1, 2012

Yeah Struise's beer truck thing was great. Dirty Horse, Messy, Special K, some great stuff.

10. DougOLis

DougOLis Savant (275) California Aug 15, 2008

If anyone has a spare ticket to the Red Session on Saturday afternoon, please let me know. I'd love to buy it off you. My friend bought at ticket for that session and it sold out pretty much immediately after that. He may have gotten the last one for all I know.

I could actually probably trade you 2 Friday evening tickets for 1 Saturday afternoon too. And I'd be happy to throw in some beers from San Diego/California as part of the trade.

11. Jeffo

Jeffo Advocate (650) Netherlands Sep 7, 2008

As far as I understand, Struise will be limited to 3 beers per session this year, meaning there will be no beer truck. Disappointing, as they were really the only brewer that brought their A+ stuff in 2012.

In any case, given the astronomical price and annyoing session set up this year, as well as the lousy precedent on the beer and food fronts set last year, I won't be making the trip again in 2013. I do hope the festival improves greatly so everyone gets their money's worth this year.

There's actually a big thread somewhere on RB if you're interesting in reading it. I think some of the organizers even get involved.

Have a good time!
    Jeff

EDIT: I should mention that I had loads of fun despite the premium price and lousy showing. It was great to see everyone again!

johndoe8, baggio and Brabander like this.
  12. blafa

blafa Aspirant (25) Denmark Oct 22, 2012

Im also going, last year was amazing!

13. DosMaster

DosMaster Aspirant (40) Sweden Jul 7, 2012

I think last year was really good. Also heard that Struise didnt want to bring the truck, because it wont fit inside...

14. cbanker

cbanker Savant (285) California Jul 31, 2005

I'm going (coming from San Diego). I had tickets last year, but was unable to attend due to health issues. I lived in Denmark for a little while and have some friends who live there, so I've been dying to go back to visit. I'm headed to Belgium after a few days in Copenhagen (and maybe Sweden). Seems like it might be a little less epic than last year, but I'm sure it will still be awesome and is a good excuse to head out there.

I have my ticket for the Blue Session, but my 2 friends who are coming with me from the US don't. I'm in search of 2x Blue Session tickets if anyone has extras. Willing to pay face value.

15. I met Urbain from the Struise a week ago and we talked about Kopenhagen. He told me they would not bring the beer truck because it does not fot trought the gates they have at the location. Too bad because Struise was the main attraction last edition...

For those who go, have fun and drink some nice beers there. I will attend the Zeebra extreme beer festival in Holland!

futura123 likes this.
  16. That's odd, considering it'll be at the same location as last year. But obviously they wouldn't bring their truck as they'll only serve three beers at any given time during the festival. The truck would in that case be painfully redundant.

17. DougOLis

Anyone have a spare ticket to the Red Session on Saturday morning? Willing to pay face value + whatever; swap some beers from San Diego.

18. Kristopher

Kristopher Aspirant (35) Sweden May 23, 2012

I'll be there as well, both Saturday sessions. Regarding the quality of the beers, I've heard that there's a lot higher demands on the breweries to bring way better beer than last year. More specials, more rare stuff. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it's true.

19. I'm pretty excited for this. Does anyone know of any events at bars after on friday or saturday?

20. When is this?
    What are chances of Dirty Horse showing up?
    Is there a special bottle releases at this?

21. I'm pretty sure Mikkeller Bar will have some kind of party on sunday on their birthday, but there will probably be very nice taplists all over Copenhagen that weekend :) Nothing official yet though.

None, at least as it is now. Struise isn't coming at the moment.

22. nix08

nix08 Aspirant (40) New York Oct 28, 2010

I'm selling 2 tickets for CBC2013 Yellow Session on 5/3/13 face value.
    Really thought I would make it, but just started a new job and can't get the days off. If anyone's interested, please send me a message!

23. Kristopher

Kristopher Aspirant (35) Sweden May 23, 2012

As Pundarquartis said, the taplists in Copenhagen will be extraordinary.. I know that Mikkeller & Friends are putting some pretty crazy shit on.

24. Bubbles

Bubbles Aficionado (205) California Sep 16, 2012

I'm going and I'm scurred! Too many interesting beers. So far, I'm going to the last, Sat session, but I might see if one of my friends has an extra ticket for Fri. I can't do 2 on Sat...only so much I can drink. Plus, I'd like to do some sight seeing since I've never been to Copenhagen.

25. tiong

tiong Aficionado (100) Finland Jul 6, 2011

Only a handful of breweries have revealed what they are bringing and already it looks like that this year's beer list is going to be massively improved compared to last year's quite lackluster offerings.

Cigar City is bringing Hunahpu's vertical, Cycle Brewing is bringing RareR DOS, Kuhnhenn is bringing Raspberry Eisbock and meads... just wow! Can't wait to see the rest of the list. Now I'm almost regretting that I didn't buy a pink ticket, only for Friday and early Sat sessions.

26. Vanilla Bean DL has also been hinted by people in the know ;)

27. Bubbles

I'm doing Fri and last Sat session. I can't, don't want to drink that much...I figured, I'd need a break. My buddies have the pink ticket. Plus, Mikkeller's anniversary/block party is on Sunday!

28. Bubbles

People are selling tickets on the CBC 2013 FB event page. It's not too late! If you haven't seen it, there's a link on the Mikkeller FB.

29. tiong

Would be too much hassle to buy a pink ticket and then try to sell my existing tickets. Besides, a few of my friends are also going to the same sessions with me and I have all of their tickets on my paper as well.

30. What's the link in facebook? I can't find the event.

31. I am arriving on May 2nd. Attending the session friday and red session saturday. I want to visit one of the Mikeller bars. Staying at Hotel Alexandra - H.C. Andersens Boulevard 8. Any recommendations as to what other places to explore?

32. tiong

Your hotel is quite close to the (old) Mikkeller bar in Vesterbro, so you should definitely visit Ølbutikken and Kihoskh bottle shops and Fermentoren bar while you are in the neighborhood. They are all located within a short walking distance from each other. If you are heading for the Mikkeller & Friends in Nørrebro you should visit at least the Nørrebro Bryghus brewpub and Ølbaren, but they are a bit further away from the Mikkeller's location. There are a lot of interesting places and bottle shops beside these as well, try checking out the places section of the other site (Ratebeer is much more popular in Europe) for more information on the places.

Bubbles likes this.
  33. Thanks! I'm pretty excited to try "Kan Yeg Fa To Ol?"

Bubbles likes this.
  34. DougOLis

35. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

That is so much better than last year that it makes me a little sad.