1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Could this be our next "Brewmasters" replacement?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by EyePeeAyBryan, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Was on The Lost Abbey site and noticed they had an announcemnt for a filming of a new TV show called "Beer Geeks."

Beergeeks.tv synopsis:

In each weekly episode host Michael Ferguson, a pioneer and veteran of the craft beer world, (Director of brewing operations and beer training for BJ's restaurants) will bring viewers along on a voyeuristic, inclusive and immersive road trip into the heart of the craft beer universe. Each episode will feature the inside story of the making some of the world's most unique, interesting, even outrageous and bizarre brews.
    We'll see what they're doing, what ingredients and techniques they're using, and then we'll take their brews from tap to table, cooking with beer, and pairing meals with beer. But wait, this series doesn't live just in the brewery. We'll find ourselves at hop farms, berry brambles, pumpkin patches, caves, maple syrup sugaring houses, archaeological sites, monasteries and much more - a smorgasbord of locations that all lead back to the craft beers we're making.

Based on the trailer (if you watched it), what do you think?

2. allouez86

allouez86 Savant (340) Wisconsin Jan 24, 2009

I've seen the original version when it was just focused on Minnesota beer and while they gave it a good shot, I think I'll like the changes. Glad their focusing on breweries outside the region, not that I don't love what is happening in Minnesota in regards to beer.

3. Anyone know what channel they plan to air it on?

4. PoopChute69

PoopChute69 Initiate (0) Poland Oct 24, 2012

They couldn't decide between Andrew Zimmern and Garrett Oliver so they picked this guy.

I can dig it.

ShaBizzle likes this.
  5. I'll watch anything to do with beer.

bump8628 likes this.
  6. I'm guessing Food Network only because it said from the creators of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives...

7. bump8628

bump8628 Savant (485) Oklahoma Feb 21, 2008

Same here, I think I've watched Modern Marvels brewing about 10 times.

liamt07 likes this.
  8. bump8628

bump8628 Savant (485) Oklahoma Feb 21, 2008

I hope Tomme explains the science of bottle conditioning ;)

Rutager, afrokaze and khiasmus like this.
  9. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

Is it just me or does that host sound like Dr. Steve Brule?

Check It Out!