Craft beer bar in Grove City Ohio

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by OhioHopDevil, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhioHopDevil

OhioHopDevil Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2010 Ohio

Just discovered this gem in downtown Grove City. Place is called "Hop Yard 62". 21 rotating taps featuring lots of Ohio beers. If you're local, you won't be disappointed with the selection. WWW.HOPYARD62.COM

buckbeerme and FaradayUncaged like this.
  2. Keffa

Keffa Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2009 Ohio

Yeah, it's been there a little while. We (as in the Ohio guys) don't usually have people talking about Grove City or asking about recommendations there, so that's why it has not really been mentioned yet. Seems to have a decent selection.

The building/location is kinda meh, IMHO. It's also fairly small and easy to go past if you don't know what you are looking for. And the parking isn't great either.

Cheers,
    Kef

3. OhioHopDevil

Yeah, it could use better curb appeal, for sure. As the weather improves people drinking outside on the patio should help let beer people know it's there.

I'm biased because the place is very local to me, and I've had the chance to talk with the owners (Greg & Tammy) a few times and they seem like really cool people, who are very interested in promoting the local beer scene. Personally, I like that it's a smaller bar. Then again, I'm like "Matlock" old. Got hair growing out of my ears, man. What the fuck is up with that?

Anyway, for me, It's cool to be able to sit and have a beer with the owner, and hear the plans they have for the place. I also like the focus they have on Ohio/Columbus beers. I've had a bunch of great local beers that I never would have known existed if I didn't stop in a couple times a week. Last time I was in Greg mentioned they were getting in some Grapefruit Sculpin. Nobody else in Grove City is going to have that beer, I would think. I could say that about almost all of the 21 taps as far as Grove City goes.

I always just park across the street behind the City Hall building and walk across. It's not ideal, but it's public parking and just across the street. No hassle, really.

buckbeerme likes this.
  4. OhioHopDevil

Stopped in today and tried "Musk of the Minotaur". Great IPA.

buckbeerme and jminch like this.
  5. jminch

jminch Initiate (0) Jul 17, 2011 Ohio

fantastic IPA and soon to be in pint cans.

buckbeerme likes this.
  6. OhioHopDevil

Very cool that it's from Ohio as well. Also had a Zen session IPA. Have had the Truth IPA there as well.

buckbeerme likes this.
  7. buckbeerme

buckbeerme Initiate (0) Jan 5, 2014 Ohio

Thanks for stopping in guys and the great reviews of the place. We are doing our best to make it relevant in the craft beer scene. Stop back in OhioHopDevil would love to see ya.
    HY62 Owner.
    -Greg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.