1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Craft beer in Manila or Cebu, Phillipines

Discussion in 'Asia' started by mendezwr, Jun 23, 2012.

1. mendezwr

mendezwr Zealot (90) Delaware Sep 3, 2005

Any craft in Phillipines? Will be in Manila and Cebu
  2. sapporo777

sapporo777 Initiate (20) Jul 24, 2012

Pivo Praha (Brewery Restaurant) in Makati may be the best in Phlippines.
  3. coyote711

coyote711 Disciple (60) New York Aug 4, 2010

4. Sorry, I wish I had seen this earlier. I was in Manila for a few days back in March of this year and I managed to find a couple of places that offered bottled imports from Europe and the US. There's a place in Eastwood City called "Distillery" that serves stuff like Rochefort 10, Westmalle Tripel, and Duvel. I found another placed called Craft Pub and Grill at The Fort in Taguig that focuses on American craft beer (Stone, Ballast Point, Victory, etc). Unfortunately, I didn't find any local craft beer, but that's not to say it doesn't exist, just that I may not have dug deep enough.
    ufmj and NoSignsOfPain like this.
  5. A new local craft brewer in Manila is Katipunan Craft Brewing. They make a decent "Indio Pale Ale". Also GPoint Bar in Malate & Tagaytay is brewing and have three or four varieties on tap only. There is an organic craft brewery in Bacolod known as BogsBrew who brews an interesting ale using hints of lemongrass and local organic sugarcane and honey. It's available in a few places in Manila including Bob's Cafe and PenPen's in CubaoX. Cheers!
    grilledsquid and ufmj like this.
  6. beepill

beepill Aficionado (190) California Nov 28, 2012

wow, i wish i knew about this i went there last october. thanks for the info. i will keep this in mind next time i go to the phils.
  7. LaneMeyer

LaneMeyer Savant (360) California Mar 20, 2011

Good to know. I'll be back in Philippines in August if anyone wants to check out some beer. BM me.
  8. ggfunk

ggfunk Savant (280) Oregon Mar 29, 2010

Going to be in Pasay for three weeks. any other BAs in the area or updates on craft availability?
  9. Brewlocks

Brewlocks Initiate (15) Thailand Feb 28, 2014

Will be flying in on March 3rd, and staying in Manila for a week. If any local(ly aware) people would like to show me around a bit would be sweet!