1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Crooked Stave Cellar Reserve 2013 Beers

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by forgetfu, Oct 20, 2012.

1. forgetfu

forgetfu Savant (280) Colorado Jul 27, 2007

Crooked Stave has posted the 2013 Cellar Reserve beers on the http://membership.crookedstave.com site. Can't wait for more Persica!

*Blackberry L’Brett d’Or (First Quarter of 2013)
    *Persica – Golden Sour w/Peaches (First Quarter of 2013)
    *Raspberry Dark Origins (Second Quarter of 2013)
    *Surette Reserva Cognac Barrel (Second Quarter of 2013)
    *Surette Reserva Bourbon Barrel (Second Quarter of 2013)
    *Nightmare on Brett (Grand Cru barrel) (Third Quarter of 2013)
    *Cherry Origins (Third Quarter of 2013)
    *TBD Dark Sour blend (Fourth Quarter of 2013)
    *TBD Cellar Reserve Blend (Fourth Quarter of 2013)
    *TBD Cellar Reserve Blend (Fourth Quarter of 2013)

Plus releasing:
    - En Origins – Burgundy Sour
    - L’Brett d’Or – 100% Brett Golden Sour
    - Dark Sour – To be named still..
    - Nightmare on Brett (Rum Barrel..Bourbon…)

2. denver10

denver10 Champion (900) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

Wish I had $300 lieing around to spend on this.

3. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

ISO: CS cellar reserve membership FT: kidney (slightly used)

4. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

ive debated this for a while now. I really wish i could do this and The Bruery RS.
    But i think i can only handle one. Maybe Crooked Stave next year.

It says they go on sale 22OCT and limited to 400
    Any idea how long they might remain available?

5. savagepm

savagepm Savant (300) Pennsylvania Dec 12, 2011

I know crooked stave recently switched to the 375mL bottles. It says members will get one bottle of each of the cellar reserve beers plus the opportunity to purchase more. Ten 375mL bottles for $300 dollars seems a bit pricey, right??

bgramer likes this.
  6. I dont know much about Crooked Stave but a trading partner sent me a Surette Reserva as an etra one trade, and I loved it! Looks like there are some great offerings here.

7. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Champion (825) New York Dec 13, 2009

If anyone is willing to be a trustee please converse with me, thinking about doing this if it is possible to get in.

8. acurtis

acurtis Champion (940) New Jersey Sep 27, 2010

"The 2013 Membership will include 10 different (750 ml)"

9. yemenmocha

yemenmocha Poobah (1,115) Arizona Jun 18, 2002

Come with valet parking at the brewery?

tewaris likes this.
  10. Well, if they do 375ml, you will probably get 2 bottles of each (like they did for the latest releases).

11. Bond111

Bond111 Savant (335) Minnesota Feb 14, 2011

I'd really love to try what these guys have to offer. Can't remember if it was Beer magazine where I first read an article about them or not? I need a trade partner in CO that has access to this!!!

12. forgetfu

If anyone needs a trustee, i can help with a few more (new member sales appear to be online now).

13. Longshot but if anyone is interested in splitting a membership, i'd probably be interested in grabbing some of the fruit sours and one or two others. If you don't like fruit sours, bm me

14. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Savant (350) Colorado May 30, 2006

Also happy to trustee if anyone is in need. I can only accommodate one more, so first come, first served.

15. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Savant (350) Colorado May 30, 2006

Your inbox is full.

cosmicevan likes this.
  16. gandalfcat

gandalfcat Zealot (75) California Nov 28, 2009

I'd love to find a trustee who needs a trustee for the Bruery Reserve Society. I live 1/2 hr from the Bruery.

17. Looking like I will be splitting a membership with someone here locally, so I could probably trustee for someone as well, if anyone needs 1.

18. RS only beers will be 750's, limited release that RS gets first crack at, but eventually get sold at the brewery (these ones won't hit distro) will be in 375ml. If any RS beer has to be released in 375, members will get 2 for the same volume of beer. Future distro beers, will also be in the 375ml at a lower price point, to get more volume sold to people who are curious, but cautious about dropping 15$+ on a beer they haven't tried.

LoveStout and denver10 like this.
  19. I am also looking for a trustee, once those above doing the same are taken care of. Message me if you can help me out.

OneBeertoRTA likes this.
  20. Wow, already received multiple responses...all set here.

1up likes this.
  21. cosmicevan

so i received lots of offers to trustee, but at the time getting involved in the cellar reserve was not an option...however, a buddy in my tasting group asked if i wanted to split it with him and i do and the memberships are still available...so anyone willing to help out as a trustee? please let me know so we can purchase our membership.

cheers!!!

Pete27lax likes this.
  22. harperman69

harperman69 Savant (355) Tennessee Feb 11, 2009

Not probably, it is (2) 375ml bottles. I stopped in and talked to them last weekend about my membership.

23. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

Anyone know when the 2013 benefits will kick in and we'll start getting the goodies?

24. adkieffer

adkieffer Savant (330) Washington Nov 23, 2010

Was just in at CS yesterday and they said there were only 18 or so memberships left for this year

25. Has anyone heard about the special beer for returning memebers? If you were a member in 12 and did it again in 13, there is supposed a one off beer for those people. Haven't heard much about it beyond that.

jp7161, doobliebop and tacosandbeer like this.
  26. harperman69

harperman69 Savant (355) Tennessee Feb 11, 2009

Sometime in March

27. fortsambo

fortsambo Savant (250) Colorado Feb 14, 2011

Sorry Dave, they found out how much beer you have and changed their minds.

DaveHack likes this.
  28. adkieffer

adkieffer Savant (330) Washington Nov 23, 2010

The 15% off benefit is already in place but releases are still TBD based on my conversation with them. Emails and newsletters will be coming to memebers to give info

29. forgetfu

It's still planned. It'll come out with the first 2013 release. There hasn't been any public information released about what it will be.

By the way, as an update to my original post, the 2013 release list has been updated on the membership.crookedstave.com site.

(2x, 375 ml) *Persica – Golden Sour w/Peaches (1st Quarter of 2013)
    (2x, 375 ml) *Hibiscus and Cinnamon Petite Sour aged in Leopolds Apple Whiskey Barrels (2nd Quarter of 2013)
    (2x, 375 ml) *Origins Whiskey/Rye Grand Cru (2nd Quarter of 2013)
    (2x, 375 ml) *Surette Reserva aged in Leopolds Peach Whiskey Barrels (2nd Quarter of 2013)
    (2x, 375 ml) *Nightmare on Brett Whiskey/Rye Grand Cru (2nd Quarter of 2013)
    (2x, 375 ml) *Cherry Origins (3rd Quarter of 2013)
    (2x, 375 ml) *Raspberry Dark Origins (3rd Quarter of 2013)
    (2x, 375 ml) *L’Brett d’Or (Fruit Sour?) (4th Quarter of 2013)
    (2x, 375 ml) *Blackberry L’Brett d’Or (4th Quarter of 2013)
    (2x, 375 ml) *TBD Cellar Reserve Blend (4th Quarter of 2013)

There's other updated details on the membership site as well. I know Chad's working on a welcome email, but he's also off in Alaska collaboration brewing at the moment so I don't expect we'll see it right away.

Thorpe429 likes this.
  30. Hibiscus and Cinnamon Petite Sour!

Sounds awesome!

tacosandbeer likes this.
  31. cosmicevan

make that 17 ;)

all set on trustee too, thanks for those who replied.

Pete27lax likes this.
  32. guyforget

guyforget Aficionado (205) Colorado Nov 12, 2009

i know at least 3 people who purchased memberships yesterday after the news that there were under 20 left.

anyone still on the fence needs to jump now, this might not last through the weekend.

33. moose3285

moose3285 Aficionado (235) Florida Jul 19, 2007

Anybody else out there willing to be a trustee?

34. I could do it if you want, I just sent you a PM.

35. fiedler84

fiedler84 Savant (300) Pennsylvania Dec 23, 2011

It's sold out now. I posted it in a FB group I'm in when there were about 12-13 spots left..~5 people in the group wound up purchasing memberships, including myself.

doobliebop and cosmicevan like this.
  36. I could probably handle another trustee. Cosmicevan left me standing at the altar :)

cosmicevan likes this.

37. You guys should definately trustee for Matt, a great BA.

To my current awesome trustee, if you want to handle another you can also send directly to me and I can hand deliver to Matt so shipping is simple, and of course I will continue to take care of you double mint style as Cali releases come through.

38. haha talk about a good BA...Nick is crazy, this dude hooks it up to no end. I actually have someone set up but thanks for looking out bud!

OneBeertoRTA likes this.
  39. Great to hear Matt! Denver peeps are good people. My trustee BMd me more than happy to trustee for you, goes to show you the awesomeness of BAs.

I'll be at Alesmith next Sun to pick up dem bottles, let me know if you are around for some boozing,err... high end craft beer enjoying...