1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Crooked Stave Cellar Reserve 2013 Beers

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by forgetfu, Oct 20, 2012.

1. tjmodica

tjmodica Savant (325) Texas Oct 2, 2007

Guilty
  2. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Champion (790) New York Dec 13, 2009

sorry...at the time i had way too much up in the air to drop the coin. who would've guessed that memberships would still be available into the new year and that my tasting buddy would ask the rest of us if anyone was interested in going in on a membership. i fully appreciate your offer (and the many i received from all the fine local BAs), but i deleted those conversations when i decided that i couldn't drop the coin on the membership.

more than happy to hook you (or any of you guys/gals) up with east coast stuff. i proxy for a bunch of different people so if you ever want some east coast love without having to trade your stash, hit me up...more than happy to go shopping for you.
  3. Knownfactor

Knownfactor Savant (310) Colorado Feb 20, 2010

If anyone still needs a trustee I'd be more than happy to do it.
  4. Looks like they are sold out. Very excited to have joined this year!
    cosmicevan and FishPondManager like this.
  5. claspada

claspada Advocate (630) New Jersey Sep 27, 2007

My trustee has been super quiet and unresponsive for 2 weeks so I may need another one.
  6. fortsambo

fortsambo Savant (250) Colorado Feb 14, 2011

Sucks Blackberry L'Brett got moved from the 1st to 4th quarter!
  7. I thought the same thing. Really don't get anything until the 2nd quarter. Don't get me wrong, I love what we're getting just wish I got a bit more at the beginning.
  8. RuckusDu

RuckusDu Savant (395) Colorado Mar 23, 2011

Anybody looking to give up half a membership? I have one, but I'm thinking that may not be enough. Chad has me hook line and sinker with his beer. If you need $150 bucks currently, hit me up and we'll work something out. This would be a great way for you to split as I wouldn't need the member card and I'll trade you my half of the swag for beer.
    buffs9, patFC320 and Knownfactor like this.
  9. The Bruery needs to do this. I'm really disappointed with the 'Initiation' package this year. It's simply leftovers from 2012. Might be cool for the new comers, but excites me none.
    domtronzero likes this.
  10. Arrrrrgh.

I'm a week late to the party! Damned procrastination.

If anyone wants to trade Bruery RS stuff quarterly, let me know!

And enjoy those delicious beers. I'll be joining you next year!
  11. bitromp

bitromp Zealot (80) Colorado May 23, 2012

I'd be interested in setting up some CS for trades Bruery trades. I'll send you a BM and see if we can set something up.
    ggwheeler likes this.
  12. guyforget

guyforget Aficionado (205) Colorado Nov 12, 2009

anybody received anything "official" since joining? regarding new beers, swag, etc? i see surette in 375's on shelves around town, things are clearly happening but no communique since sending payment is slightly less than i expected, and i didnt expect much to begin with...

ive never seen any info about, say, how to reserve some bottles w/out purchasing retail. seems like a process that would want to be detailed for those out-of-state members, seems easier than just expecting 400 emails asking the same questions, right?
    acurtis and GuisseppeFranco like this.
  13. I got an email at the end of Jan. saying welcome and the release party was going to be some time in March. No other communication besides that email.
  14. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (305) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

I've talked to the guys at the tap room, and they've said that swag pickup will be at the first release, with no date set. I agree that a bulk communication or sporadic newsletter would be great.
    tacosandbeer likes this.
  15. Thorpe429

Thorpe429 Champion (885) Illinois Aug 18, 2008

I'm on the other side. The initial welcome email was enough for me. I don't want "updates" just saying hello without any new information. Maybe if there were to be more it could be something along the lines of "tasted [X], was doing good and should hopefully be ready in [month]." I don't really need that though. The way it is, I'm excited to see a Crooked Stave email because I know that it'll actually have substance.
    ehammond1 likes this.
  16. adkieffer

adkieffer Savant (320) Washington Nov 23, 2010

In that welcome email they mentioned they were getting a new website up and running. That website is supposed to have a member login and from there we will be able to purchase extras and non member only beers. When that new site will up and running....no idea
  17. Did you receive the January 25th welcome letter? One person I'm trusteeing for did not initially receive it due to error or spam filters.
  18. guyforget

i did not receive any welcome email. i also check my spam folder regularly.

i also do not want weekly "hello!" emails.

maybe someone could copy/paste theirs into a BM here, or forward it to the same name i use here @ gmail.com
  19. Just sent it. I'd definitely hit them up as you wouldn't want to miss an email regarding online sales.
  20. guyforget

muchas gracias
  21. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Savant (350) Colorado May 30, 2006

Text below:

2013 Cellar Reserve Members,

We would like to welcome all new and returning members to the 2013 Cellar Reserve! With your support Crooked Stave is able to produce unique and artisanal beers that exhibit our passion and inspirations. We are incredibly excited to unveil a lineup of beers throughout the year that will push Crooked Stave’s creativity to new limits, as well as build upon our original Cellar Reserve releases. To see an updated list of the anticipated releases for 2013 please visit http://membership.crookedstave.com. In addition to release information, more details about the membership are included, such as FAQ and Terms and Conditions.
    Furthermore, the first Cellar Reserve allocation, glassware, and gear will be ready towards the end of March. At the moment we are working with our web developer to create a Member’s section on our webpage (which is also getting a full makeover)! The Member’s section will have a unique login for each member and will be used to purchase additional allocations online when they are available. In a follow up newsletter we will update all members with the release details as well as information for logging onto the Member’s section of our webpage and future happenings. We will not be mailing out membership cards this year, instead we will hand them out at the first release. If you have a trustee, your trustee will pick up their trustee card along with your membership card and can mail it with your first allocation and members gear. The 15% taproom discount started January 1st, so for anyone coming in to visit don’t forget to mention that you are a 2013 Member. All of us here at Crooked Stave would like to thank you for becoming a part of the 2013 Cellar Reserve and hopefully we will see you in the Barrel Cellar taproom soon!
    Cheers,
    Crooked Stave
    cosmicevan likes this.
  22. Would the next years reserve information most likely be announced around October again? I am for sure looking to get in for 2014 and it sounds like it would be possible based on when 2013 sold out?

Anyone want to possibly trustee? I'll send New Glarus. :)
  23. You get a lot of NG in TN? I think it was announced around the beginning of Oct. I think they went on sale toward the end of Oct (until they sold out)
  24. poonamibaxter

poonamibaxter Savant (315) Colorado Jun 26, 2007

With the quality of beers he is putting out now, if he doesn't increase the membership number I imagine this will be a tough ticket. Honestly every new batch of releases seems to be better than the last, with the last being damn good.
  25. No NG in TN but moved here from WI last June and always have a nice stockpile and people picking me up all the new releases.
  26. Thanks for the info, hoping I can some way manage to make it work.