1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Crooked Stave Cellar Reserve Members ?

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by claspada, Mar 7, 2013.

1. claspada

claspada Advocate (640) New Jersey Sep 27, 2007

Anyone have any idea or insider information as to what the members' hoodies will/are going to look like?

2. I haven't seen a hoodie for sale at the brewery so I have no idea. Hoping to stop in tomorrow and I'll ask.

Penguin3200 likes this.
  3. kkrez

kkrez Savant (330) Colorado Dec 7, 2008

We are still working on the design

4. claspada

Do you know the style (zip/draw-string) or color? Any information would be appreciated.

5. kkrez

kkrez Savant (330) Colorado Dec 7, 2008

Sorry, I don't, we are still back and forth on a few different styles, don't want to put out bad info

6. claspada

Not trying to be a d*ck but it's kind of odd to ask people to buy something (with a Friday deadline) with no knowledge of how it will look...

7. Steve_0

Steve_0 Savant (275) Colorado Mar 14, 2012

Does anyone have any information or leads, as to when this first release is supposed to be for the Reserve Society? Or the Initial Party? It seems like it has been a while since we have had an update and its Mid-April.

8. Last Friday when I asked I was told we would be getting an email shortly. Was also told the release of WWBV was moved into May. Not very helpful but those were the answers I got.

9. I am going to stop in there in the next hour or so to try the new beer. I'll ask again and see if I get a better answer.

10. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (665) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

Post back if they have the bottles for sale yet, they just said later this week.

11. Just got back. Damn kids are really interfering with my drinking. Updates are: The St Bretta is great as I expected. Bottling tomorrow so should be for sale by Thursday but said definitely Friday. Chad was brewing today so no one to update on when the members party is going to be.

12. guyforget

guyforget Aficionado (205) Colorado Nov 12, 2009

do members get a crack at st. bretta bottles or will we just have to find them @ retail?

13. I'm guessing it's going retail but I didn't ask. Taproom purchases you get 15% discount being a member.

14. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (665) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

Yea, you don't need to buy them online, St. Bretta is not a limited release, IIRC it's one of the four large foeders so I think it'll be on the shelves with the likes of Vieille and Surette, there should be plenty of it. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)... same reason why Vieille & Surette aren't online for purchase. But you should still be able to get 15% off at the tap room like DBD mentioned.

joshclauss likes this.
  15. guyforget

guyforget Aficionado (205) Colorado Nov 12, 2009

thats what i expected, thanks. happy to see them getting to the point where the main lineup is consistently available at retail, even w/ the seasonal changes of ingredients. good for them!

16. adkieffer

adkieffer Savant (320) Washington Nov 23, 2010

First Quarter beers and St. Bretta are up for purchase on the website!! =-O

17. poonamibaxter

poonamibaxter Savant (315) Colorado Jun 26, 2007

Have they said limits on any? I want to order but not have em delete because I got too many

18. adkieffer

adkieffer Savant (320) Washington Nov 23, 2010

When you click on each beer it will say the bottle limit in the description.

poonamibaxter likes this.
  19. poonamibaxter

well I limited out on each and emailed the cats I am trustee for. Dont sleep folks

HuskyinPDX, adkieffer and joshclauss like this.
  20. Steve_0

Steve_0 Savant (275) Colorado Mar 14, 2012

I saw this, but I am hesitant to purchase because there has been no email sent. . . anyone have any additional information?

joshclauss likes this.
  21. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (305) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

That's some on-top-of-it detective work. Hoping these don't 86 before the email goes out...that would be bad.

adkieffer likes this.
  22. And the email is out

tacosandbeer likes this.
  23. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

Hmmm. While I don't want to miss out on anything, I'm not so sure about ordering anything right this instant...

[LOL - edit, and the e-mail shows up 30 seconds later.]

24. quine

quine Savant (260) Colorado Feb 15, 2011

Bummer, the release is on the weekend of a friend's wedding.

25. Im assuming these allocations are in addition to the 2 bottles included in the membership (Nightmare, Origins Grand Cru, Petite Sour Peach/Apple Whiskey, and Surette Reserva Leopold)? That's not explicitly stated in the email or storefront.

26. bushmat2

bushmat2 Aficionado (125) Colorado Feb 18, 2011

@fishpondmanager, my question as well

27. I just emailed them, probably along with a dozen others

28. Is the Surette bottles that are for sale the same ones you can buy currently? Not talking about the Surette Reserva.

29. poonamibaxter

About to run by the taproom now so will I ask and report back.

30. poonamibaxter

Yes, they say members only because only members can order online.

31. Thanks. That's what I assumed and didn't order any.

32. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Savant (350) Colorado May 30, 2006

I actually thought it was good news...wait a little longer for more bottles of two different Persica versions? Suffice it to say those large foeders aren't the only wood around...

33. Totally agree, but wouldn't mind some for the summer.

34. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Savant (350) Colorado May 30, 2006

Ha! I agree. I wouldn't mind some Persica today, tomorrow, next week...:cool:

Either way, the beers on the list sound great and, even though we'll have to wait a little longer, Persica speaks for itself.

claspada likes this.
  35. moth72484

moth72484 Zealot (80) Illinois Mar 6, 2010

Anyone have any details on how the release parties usually go? When have they started previously and do they have all of the beers on tap that they will be releasing? Trying to plan my trip from Chicago.

36. claspada

Wow that was an expensive email.

37. Don't forget shipping isn't included ;)

38. poonamibaxter

Just talked to Chad. All of the four that went online today are allocation also, so you get two bottles of each with your membership.

If anyone isn't going to limit out please bm me.

39. With the members party does anyone know if you can bring a guest? Curious since I'll have family in that weekend.