1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Crooked Stave Cellar Reserve Members ?

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by claspada, Mar 7, 2013.

1. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Savant (370) Colorado Sep 24, 2010

Persica huh. Mmmm. Sounds like a winner.
  2. I had some violet a few weeks back in the tap room. It was awesome. Can't believe they hand bottled 1,500 of em. That had to be a pain
    sliverX likes this.
  3. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Savant (350) Colorado May 30, 2006

It is very tasty...I had it on the day it was being bottled (aka pre-carbonation). It's shaping up to be my favorite of the WWB series, but withholding final judgment until it's carbed up. Even uncarbonated, it's my second favorite of the series, so that should say a lot...
    This.
  4. domtronzero

domtronzero Initiate (0) California Aug 18, 2007

So this may be a dumb question, but how do I know which bottles are included in the membership and how many of each is included? I've been assuming it's 2 of each, and only the ones that say "*This beer is part of the Cellar Reserve Membership beers and is being offered as extra allocations to all the members." on the website. Is there a master list or something?
  5. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (610) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

domtronzero likes this.
  6. domtronzero

domtronzero Initiate (0) California Aug 18, 2007

7. adkieffer

adkieffer Savant (320) Washington Nov 23, 2010

Man, another that once it gets online I am gonna have to drop more cash on. Come the middle of June I am going to have quite the hoard of CS. Just in time to take a few weeks of with my first born son and relax. Gonna be the best Summer yet!!
    Mebuzzard and domtronzero like this.
  8. coreymcafee

FYI, it might not go online.
  9. poonamibaxter

poonamibaxter Savant (315) Colorado Jun 26, 2007

Ain't nobody got time for relaxing with a new born
    adkieffer likes this.
  10. claspada

claspada Advocate (630) New Jersey Sep 27, 2007

So are you saying CS Reserve members will not get first crack @ WWB Violet...?
  11. Correct
    sliverX likes this.
  12. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Champion (910) Colorado May 19, 2005

That might be a cluster$*#! release :oops:
  13. I think that's the right decision. Even at 1 bottle per person, the Reserve members would eat up more than 25% of what was bottled. I'd be shocked if they don't sell out at the WWBV release.
  14. Im already in line
    sliverX likes this.
  15. coreymcafee

Behind me.
  16. claspada

claspada Advocate (630) New Jersey Sep 27, 2007

Is there a set date/time for the release?
  17. Not yet
  18. adkieffer

On a Facebook comment thread they said release and 'Rainbow' party would be May 19th
    FishPondManager and coreymcafee like this.
  19. adkieffer

If you guys aren't at Brewers Republic drinking $7.75 PINTS of Origins you are CRAZY!!
    ucsbmullet, claspada, scray24 and 2 others like this.
  20. joshclauss

joshclauss Savant (305) Colorado Oct 31, 2010

Can you order it with a side of tulip glass? Oh wait, is it on nitro?
  21. I am a little confused by that Violet email. Does it mean that a trustee can pick up 6 bottles for the self and 6 for the Cellar member that they trustee for?
  22. JMagee

JMagee Aficionado (180) New York Jan 2, 2013

This was my only question regarding the e-mail. It seemed pretty clear that WWBV would be sold only on site. Which is perfectly understandable, fair and the right decision.

But I, too am confused once they bring up "sending in my trustee". If the sale is open to the general public, there seems to be no need to have trustee status in purchasing bottles. Unless I'm missing something.

Or it's just a general catch all saying if you can't make the party to buy some, send your trustee in and he'll get some for you...But then why does he have to cleared and vetted by Crooked Stave.

I've just confused myself even more.

Thoughts?
  23. Steve_0

Steve_0 Aficionado (215) Colorado Mar 14, 2012

This. Plus if you can have your trustee get extra allocations, why wouldn't you just be able to purchase online.
    domtronzero likes this.
  24. I interpreted that as needing to verify if someone is a trustee and for whom so that that person can buy their own allotment and the allotment for the reserve member. i.e. you wouldn't want someone to miss out on WWBV because they are trusteeing for someone, or to not be able to help the member they are trustee for.

If any reserve members have a trustee but are not interested in buying any WWBV, you wouldn't want their trustee to be able to buy 12 bottles for himself, so it sounds like they just want to know ahead of time which members will be sending their trustee rather than just allowing anyone who is a trustee to automatically buy more.
  25. I would guess they are trying to strike a balance between the first come first serve nature of the release with making sure all the members can get some if they want it.
  26. adkieffer

Plus if your Trustee is not also a member (like mine) then it is the only way to get the 15% off on Barrel Room purchases.
    joshclauss likes this.
  27. JMagee

That makes perfect sense and is probably the most likely case.

That being said, if that is the case, then the possibility of a small portion of the Cellar Reserve and their trustees (let's say 50) potentially walking out with over a third (600/1500 bottles) of a release they're trying to keep open to the public.

So if what they mean is a trustee can buy his own as well as 6 bottles for a CR member by mentioning he is a trustee for a member, then I think the allocation number may be higher than it should be.
  28. I was just there and asked the same question knowing people I trustee for were going to ask and the answer is NO. There is a 6 bottle limit.
    joshclauss likes this.
  29. Hmm, that's not what I expected. That kinda sucks if you are a trustee and the member wants you to get some for them. But I guess it wasn't part of the reserve society allocation so it makes sense
    joshclauss and tacosandbeer like this.
  30. Lame! Members should at least get one bottle.
    Ratman197 likes this.
  31. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Savant (370) Colorado Sep 24, 2010

Why's that?
  32. $300.
    tacosandbeer likes this.
  33. coreymcafee

You mean $300 for a lot of beer you'll be getting that specifically did not include Violet?
  34. so can the public buy this beer?
    Prospero likes this.
  35. coreymcafee

tacosandbeer likes this.
  36. Hell yeah, does anybody want to sell me their burgundy sour that I missed?
  37. JMagee

Just Stop. If you don't like what your $300 gets you, unsub.
    coreymcafee likes this.
  38. Relax people. I don't live in CO, and it sucks that my Trustee will have to sacrifice one of his bottles to help me. I'm just saying it would have been nice to allow Members the option to purchase at least on bottle before the general public. With a six bottle limit, it doesn't sound like there will be any shortages.
  39. Steve_0

Steve_0 Aficionado (215) Colorado Mar 14, 2012

This is what I figured you meant, not that members should have gotten another bottle for the $300. If you chose to help out several people by being a trustee for multiple members, and they all want a bottle, I could see where there may be an issue.
    coreymcafee likes this.
  40. JMagee

Relaxing commenced. This is a perfectly understandable criticism and thought. When I saw your reasoning simply as "$300" and nothing else, it seemed, well, a bit selfish/greedy. This explanation does not.