1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Crooked Stave Denver Bottle List?

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by Corbet, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Corbet

Corbet Savant (330) Michigan Nov 7, 2010

Does anybody know where I can find out what's available in bottles at the Crooked Stave Denver taproom? I've got a friend driving back to Michigan from Denver for the holidays and I want them to bring some stuff back.
  2. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (655) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

call, email or contact them via facebook, they're typically quick to respond.
  3. Steve_0

Steve_0 Savant (265) Colorado Mar 14, 2012

I think right now they have their new Saison, Nightmare on Brett Bourbon, Sentience, L'Brett d'Or, and possibly one other.
  4. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

If they have the Brett D'or - that's a MUST HAVE. It's one of the best beers they have made to date.
    dcloeren and tacosandbeer like this.
  5. denver10

denver10 Champion (890) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

Going to be down in Denver on Saturday might have to pick up a bottle of that Saison and Nightmar on Brett Bourbon.

..and L'Brett d'Or.

....and Sentience.
  6. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Savant (420) Colorado Sep 24, 2010

They do.
  7. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poobah (1,005) Colorado May 19, 2005

Distribution has started for local stores. Saison, L'Brett D'or, and Nightmare (Bourbon) will be around.
  8. Corbet

Corbet Savant (330) Michigan Nov 7, 2010

Thanks for the heads up guys, I'm gonna have her get a couple of Nightmare and L'Brett.
  9. coreymcafee

coreymcafee Savant (350) Colorado May 30, 2006

FYI, the Saison is badass, too.
    ChadCSU and chicano4craft like this.
  10. chango

chango Aficionado (240) Colorado Mar 31, 2006

We got a knock at the back dock door the night before last.
    I opened it and a friendly young man named Danny wheeled in a couple of stacks of beer.
    The three mentioned above were all in the stacks.
    It's a love/hate thing with me when this sort of thing happens.
    I want them all, but I have no $$.
    *sigh*
  11. Damn I didn't need to hear that. I didn't try that one but if it's that good and only $6 that might be a go to beer.
  12. I was there yesterday and caught the tail end of the Blackberry Petite Sour on draught.... sometimes the sun shines on a dogs ass too. anyhow they had the following to go:
    -Saison
    -L'Brett D'or
    -Bourbon Barrel Nightmare on Brett
    -Bourbon Barrel Sentience

The bartender did say that from what she knows all (including reserve bottles) will be in the 375ml's. Interesting side note the Bourbon Nightmare was a cork and cage 375ml while the others were capped.
  13. MarkyMOD

MarkyMOD Advocate (660) Colorado Apr 5, 2012

I was there at close and they no longer had any sentience to go. Anyone had the Petite Sour and loved it? Know where to get at least one, but I'm trying to cut down on beer spending and it's $14 after tax... (Sorry for the quick thread jack)
  14. I was there Thursday, and I gotta say, I was not impressed by the Saison. At all. Everything else was amazing.

They didn't say anything about having Blackberry Petite :(

I wish they had the Cognac and Brady Nightmares in bottles...those are a lot better than the Bourbon
  15. adkieffer

adkieffer Savant (320) Washington Nov 23, 2010

Just got my plane ticket for January 12th. Crooked Stave is my first stop! Plan on cracking a Sentience tomorrow at Seahawks tailgating.
  16. Just an FYI, you unfortunately won't be able to meet Chad or Danny that weekend, they'll both be in Vail
  17. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (655) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

Something about big beers, belgians & barleywines over bumps on the bunny slope with balaclavas on. I'm thinking they need to add "brett" to the list.
  18. adkieffer

Thanks for the heads up. I may have to try and go back in on Wednesday if they will be back around.
  19. kodymupa

kodymupa Aficionado (155) Illinois Dec 14, 2010

ISO any of these...yum! Got the 2013 membership but wanting to try some early!
  20. That is very likely. Festival is Thur-Sat so they'll be returning Sun/Mon. But go ahead and go in when you arrive anyways and drink beer! Then you can go back and drink MORE beer ;)
  21. harperman69

harperman69 Savant (355) Tennessee Feb 11, 2009

I'll be in Copper that weekend, link to the fest? I didn't see anything on the events page on BA.
  22. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poobah (1,005) Colorado May 19, 2005

23. knucks999

knucks999 Aficionado (180) Colorado Sep 30, 2008

24. knucks999

knucks999 Aficionado (180) Colorado Sep 30, 2008

I couldn't see one, let us know if you find it.
  25. Only three bottles available today. Brett d'or, nightmare on Brett and saison. I'm in love with Brett d'or.
  26. So, the cellar reserve page still says they will all be 750's, but Im hearing they arent doing 750's anymore. So will the cellar reserve price be cut in half if they are just doing 375's or will everyone be getting half the beer they thought they were getting?
  27. tacosandbeer

or is everyone getting the equivalent in 375s?
  28. I would actually prefer 2 375's instead of 1 750.
    hopfacebrew likes this.
  29. poonamibaxter

poonamibaxter Savant (315) Colorado Jun 26, 2007

If they are 375s you'll get two, its how they did it this year when they went to the smaller bottles.
  30. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

I'm hoping for the 2 375's. That way our plan of splitting a membership works even better.
  31. adkieffer

Just purchased my membership yesterday and really like the idea of 2 375's. My cellar will appreciate it too : )
  32. guyforget

guyforget Aficionado (205) Colorado Nov 12, 2009

there are 2 threads talking about this, but nobody has a definitive answer... everything on the cellar reserve website says 1 x 750mL bottle. id be really happy w/ 2 x 375mL bottles, but why is it such a big point of discussion when everything on the cellar reserve pages says 1 x 750mL?

keeping them in 750's increases CS's chances of selling us all extras... doing 2 x 375 will allow many to cellar w/out additional purchases.
  33. tacosandbeer

Well there you go...it's 1 x 750.
  34. Crooked Stave just posted on their FB page that it will be 375ml bottles in 2013.
    Penguin3200 and tacosandbeer like this.
  35. Mystery solved.
    tacosandbeer likes this.
  36. hopfacebrew

hopfacebrew Savant (465) Colorado Jul 26, 2011

I was just going to post this. I had lunch over there and there was a lengthy discussion in the tap room about this. I am not surprised they posted.

BTW, anyone interested they are now out of Nightmare on Brett bottles, sold out as I tried to buy one :(. They still have L'Brett D'Or for $12 and the Saison Vieille Artisonal for $6. Found a Nightmare on the way back to work though :)
  37. tacosandbeer

at mystery location #24 ;-)
    drumrboy22 and hopfacebrew like this.
  38. hopfacebrew

hopfacebrew Savant (465) Colorado Jul 26, 2011

Mr. B's. They had 2 left after my purchase.
    tacosandbeer likes this.
  39. denver10

denver10 Champion (890) Kentucky Nov 17, 2010

These bottles finally found themselves up in Fort Collins. L'Brett D'Or and the Saison are still on the shelves , looks like the Nightmare on Brett could be gone though....at least the shelves at Wilburs was dry when I was there.