1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Currently on the shelves at Hill Farmstead (March 2014)

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by F2brewers, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F2brewers

F2brewers Moderator (490) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2005 Staff Member

Since Hill Farmstead is no longer holding official release events, please use this thread to post the bottles available on the shelves along with costs, sizes, limits and so forth.

It's ok to include the beers available in growlers too.

As always, looking at the HF retail page

http://www.hillfarmstead.com/retail/

or calling the brewery

802-533-7450

are your best sources for up-to-date information.

2. OnryAndMean

OnryAndMean Savant (355) Vermont Jul 4, 2013

Looks like Daybreak is still available, so maybe Wednesday's Norma crowd will get lucky

3. Anyone know if you have to wait in line if you're just picking up bottles (no growlers)?

I can probably have this question easily answered by calling the brewery, but why not bother my fellow BAs?

4. bahnfire

bahnfire Advocate (500) Vermont Jan 17, 2011

It can seem a little daunting, but just walk past the growler line and let them know you're just looking for bottles. If they are running low on any then you probably will need to wait in line for those, but otherwise you should be able to grab some without waiting in the line. I know on Presidents weekend they actually had a sign for this, but that isn't always the case.

5. Msudukie

Msudukie Savant (345) New York Oct 26, 2013

When I was up for the recent Arthur and Daybreak release, they allowed bottles only purchases but not for CD8 of which there were only 18 left. You might face the same situation if they are low on Daybreak so you do not screw the people in line who may not get it if you do.

6. Good to know. Thanks guys.

7. How was the Norma release? Looks like it is on the shelf again today?

8. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Savant (420) New York Jan 13, 2010

According to Shaun, Norma expected to last the weekend.

sandman3479 likes this.
  9. Osyrus

Osyrus Aficionado (140) New York Jun 4, 2013

I inquired about this... there will be a bottles-only line for both today and tomorrow.

10. Crookdrain

Got there today at 2pm. No line at all. In and out in 30 minutes after some tastings and BSing with everyone. Norma was limit 3 again. Plenty of Norma and Daybreak left. Phil mentioned they will meet tomorrow morning to decide whether to keep it at 3 or knock it down to 2.

11. Damn, thats awesome...

12. Showed up at 4:30. No exaggeration, line was just a few people before being out the door. I was cramped for time so ended up just picking up bottles.

13. ncaudle

ncaudle Advocate (610) Virginia May 28, 2010

c'mon Norma, last till next thursday!

14. BobCobb

BobCobb Savant (380) Illinois Jul 10, 2012

I wonder if they've noticed any patterns to the lines at this point, e.g. why 2:00 Friday is empty but 4:30 isn't (maybe everyone rushing in before close). There was a over a 90 minute line at open a few Wednesdays ago. Sounds like there are light pockets in there, but unless those are known, it's becoming too much of a gamble to head up from Boston, unless I'm making a day out of it (In before "good, shorter line for the rest of us").

15. Daybreak is down to a 1 bottle per person limit today.

16. Crookdrain

Norma was 2/person today. Bottle line was only for Norma. Daybreak looked like it had maybe 4 cases left. Weird that limit was 6 all day yesterday.

17. BobCobb

BobCobb Savant (380) Illinois Jul 10, 2012

Was there any indication of how much longer Susan would be on...?

And anyone from MA who could help me out / trade?

18. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (865) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

CD9 and CD12 are now on the upcoming bottle releases page. Interesting... Wonder where CD10 and CD11 are?

ColdOne and Crookdrain like this.
  19. Madness & Civilization 4 makes its first appearance on the release page as well, I believe.

"Madness and Civilization #4: Tragedy (et al) aged in Bourbon barrels for 24 months - with Cacao, Ancho, and Chipotle. 375ml."

20. Droooooooooooooolllll..................

volta and lovindahops like this.
  21. Stevedore

Stevedore Champion (865) Wisconsin Nov 16, 2012

Man. I need a regular VT guy to trade with.

22. Crookdrain

Can't wait until the riots break out for this one.

Oh wait, wrong state.

23. markgugs

markgugs Champion (980) New Jersey Dec 20, 2006

want so bad

sandman3479 likes this.
  24. I really hope that comes out by this Saturday....

25. ncaudle

from what I'm being told, no releases this week. I hope that info is wrong :)

26. M&C 3 first.

27. Msudukie

Msudukie Savant (345) New York Oct 26, 2013

They posted on Twitter it will not be available for awhile as needs conditioning once bottled. Sorry.

28. Anyone know if Norma is expected to last until Saturday?

29. Crookdrain

Might get lucky with the weather being what it is the next two days. When we were up last Saturday Phil told us they knocked the limit down from 3 to 2 so it would last through the day.

30. Fingers crossed.. I'll be in line regardless, of course..

31. lovindahops

lovindahops Advocate (645) New York Mar 26, 2010

Just finished booking a Waterbury trip on the 27th, 28th, and 29th. As a HF junkie, I'm hoping M&C 3 is ready to go as well getting the opportunity to try my first E.

If all else fails.... the chance to have snag some growlers of double citra will be out of this world! Never had the pleasure

32. regan2489

regan2489 Disciple (70) New York Jul 16, 2009

Are there still plans to do a 2014 Collected Works or did that get scratched?

33. POTABLE83

POTABLE83 Savant (445) New York Jun 21, 2012

Collected Works is nixed

34. Crookdrain

According to Shaun, no CW in 2014, but working on something different. No other details given. He posted this on either FB or Twitter a few months ago.

35. I'm praying M&C3 will be out this week, or at least some bottle! I'll be there Friday, and while it's always nice to get growlers it would kinda suck to just happen to be there right in between some great bottles being on the shelf (Norma just ran out Saturday), and not get anything I can save for a special occasion...

Crookdrain likes this.
  36. Crookdrain

Is it confirmed that Norma is in fact completely sold out? Shaun usually puts "sold out" on the website when only a few cases of a beer remain.

37. I know my friend got a bottle on Saturday. Think it was pretty late in the day as he was skiing at Jay Peak on Saturday.

38. celfan

celfan Savant (465) Vermont Jul 4, 2004

Although it sounds juicy, I find double citra surprisingly dry

39. POTABLE83

POTABLE83 Savant (445) New York Jun 21, 2012

emailed them yesterday - they said it's all gone

40. ncaudle

it's marked sold-out on the retail-shop page (updated 3/17) though still showing on the bottle-release page (updated 3/11)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.